U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 04:33 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,732,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
There is some buzz in the Elections area about Trump softening on illegal aliens, but the supporters of Hillary tend to suffer severe delusions and I wouldn't believe a word they or their lying, corrupt candidate say.

I found this article: https://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarra...77N#.lb3G7YwwP

Gee, if Trump is going to let them stay under some sort of "legal" status which will allow them to take our jobs out from under us, I better hang onto my planned donations to his campaign.

I would still vote for him as the lesser of the evils as would many but the illegal aliens and their anchors are sucking down too many tax dollars. Americans First.

With ObamaCareNot, that has effected Medicaid and cuts are underway yet again for the elderly and disabled, probably going to need more dollars for the illegals.

They are all criminals and we have enough citizens that are dead beats and having kids for cash as to not have to import them. We also have enough of our own criminals without importing them.

I want a POTUS that stands behind ALL of our laws, not another one that picks and chooses like the current one!
Softening --- Softening? Oh, you mean "Amnesty Don" is changing his tune .. well, the new name is trending on Twitter, so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 08:34 AM

18,535 posts, read 13,674,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hillary's taking a LOT of "fire"; sooner or later, be "hit". Maybe health problems or maybe legal pro
Whats most interesting is the Hillary Klan is guilty of almost every thing they accuse Trump of. Flip flopping on the border and Illegals comes to mind, making a big deal about reversing her husband's positions. Apparent only Dems are allowed to change positions in their minds

Old 08-29-2016, 08:47 AM

4,506 posts, read 4,360,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Whats most interesting is the Hillary Klan is guilty of almost every thing they accuse Trump of. Flip flopping on the border and Illegals comes to mind, making a big deal about reversing her husband's positions. Apparent only Dems are allowed to change positions in their minds
Excellent post. Criminals always accuse others of that which they themselves are doing. I had a relative who was always screaming that people were stealing from him. It got so bad that people who knew him tended to avoid him because they didn't want to be falsely accused. No one wanted to sit next to him at a meal because they might be accused of taking his wallet or money from his pockets. Years later, we discovered that, in fact, he was the one doing the stealing, mostly in petty ways, but it was stealing.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:51 AM

6,730 posts, read 1,895,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
This would also be another great option other than massive deportation.

Build the wall and institute mandatory E-Verify. I will vote for that.
I would institute E-Verify and see if we still need the wall. I would include E-Verify for land lords and banks as well.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:55 AM

10,394 posts, read 8,344,729 times
il·le·gal
i(l)ˈlēɡəl/
adjective
contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.
"illegal drugs"
synonyms: unlawful, illicit, illegitimate, criminal, felonious; More

Old 08-29-2016, 09:53 AM

4,506 posts, read 4,360,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
il·le·gal
i(l)ˈlēɡəl/
adjective
contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.
"illegal drugs"
synonyms: unlawful, illicit, illegitimate, criminal, felonious; More
"Illegal" is a euphemism. We are dealing with globalist occupation forces. The laws of the US have, for the most part, been busted out. At this time, the US is a conquered nation, its citizens being indulged somewhat with the illusions of "free speech", etc. In essence, there has been a soft coup that has taken place over the years.

Anyone who has studied history to any degree cannot fail to notice the signs of conquest: The language and customs of the occupying forces are adopted, and the conquered pay tribute in the form of taxes and subsidies to the occupying forces, and may not speak against them (aided and abetted by quislings and traitors within the ranks of the conquered, who have gone over to the other side). Favors are granted. Arms are taken away from the former citizenry (they're working on this one). Assets are handed over (internet, Panama Canal, banking system, even real estate, etc.). That's just a short list. There are many more signs. Most people can't see it because they think in terms of armies clashing and surrenders with white flags and such.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:23 AM

31,462 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I would institute E-Verify and see if we still need the wall. I would include E-Verify for land lords and banks as well.

Except that it isn't just migrants looking for work coming here but criminals and terrorists are slip
ping through our southern border also.

E-verify would have to be coupled with ending birthright citizenship for their kids because they can survive on the welfare from the latter also.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:23 AM

13,951 posts, read 10,310,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
And you are engaged in what is called wishful thinking.
LOL, just go watch the video buddy..... or don't. Stick your head in the sand and pretend it didn't happen for all I care....

Old 08-30-2016, 12:24 AM

13,951 posts, read 10,310,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Drug dealers and gang members don't go through E-Verify before they come here.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:16 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,940,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
LOL, just go watch the video buddy..... or don't. Stick your head in the sand and pretend it didn't happen for all I care....
Did you just watch a snippet of the video? I watched the entirety of both days of Trump's Austin rally as well as his Iowa rally and Anderson Cooper interview the same week. On both days Sean Hannity repeatedly asked him about people who'd been here 20 years with families and Trump repeatedly answered "We have to follow the law." The law doesn't say if you're here X amount of years or crap out kids on our soil you get to stay! The law is deportation, period.

On the second day after being harangued with this question over and over again he polled the audience. In fact he said he liked the guy he stood up and yelled that he would NOT like people here a long time with families to say. I thought the audience poll was pointless and I didn't like the confusion that this town hall seemingly caused over his immigration stance. "Softening" still doesn't mean amnesty or a path to citizenship; rather, it is how they will be treated during the removal process. If he didn't use such terms people would still be accusing him of wanting to ship illegals in cattle carts and other silly Nazi-esque comparisons.

Your hope (?) that Trump walks back his immigration plan based on this one ambiguous instance reminds me of a scene from Dumber and Dumber. When Jim Carey's character finally confronts his crush, played by Lauren Holly, he asks her what his chances are. She says 'one in a million.' His face lights up and he exclaims, "So you're telling me there's a chance!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or