U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2016, 03:04 AM
 
3,936 posts, read 5,446,580 times
Reputation: 4151

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'd be happy if they would just deport the violent ones and shut down the sanctuary cities.
Not me. Not after his months of telling us about the wall, and they have to go back and do it legally. Not fair to the ones who do it legally, etc............. He also needs to yank that gravy train out from under their feet. Thats ridiculous that they don't have to pay a cent for any medical care when I know so many Americans who can't afford to go to the doctor, and who are really sick. Have you seen the receipts from illegals who's kids go into grocery stores, buy a bagful of candy and cokes, and just throw their receipt down? People have been getting them and posting them on facebook. They have balances of ovefr 7,000.00 dollars and 5 thousand. And they can also get cash on these cards. I'm sick and tired of that crap. I'm sick of them getting everything that citizens don't. It's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yeah I don't know it is going to take awhile for that to happen.

I don't even think Trump would want to see the backlash from the media and public when the first illegal mother is separated from her legal child but if that mother had committed some hard crimes then yes I think more people would be like "Get her out of here!"

It sure sounds harsh to want illegal immigrants sent packing but we have to consider our citizens and all the millions of immigrants that followed the law to get their legal status.


Catch em, Cuff em, Stuff em, Don't let them go and send them back.

If you or I broke the law we would have to answer for it with our day in court and possible fines or jail time.
Most people have too much to lose to flaunt the law yet Illegals have nothing to lose since they already operate outside the law.
No, it doesn't sound harsh. What sounds harsh is the laughter we hear fom them all the time because obama takes such good care of them, said while theyre flipping everyone off. Do you ever go on facebook? They have all kinds of videos of them laughing at stupid gringos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump met with a Hispanic advocacy group and that is where these claims came from. From what I heard he is supposed to release his "immigration" plan on Thursday while in Colorado. I would still vote for him even if he backs off on mass deportations because that isn't necessary and would be hard to do anyway. If he says he will enforce the laws on the books which means deporting them as they are found rather than giving them stays of deportation as Obama did and removes all of the incentives for them to remain here I will still vote for him. Anything less than that I won't be voting in this election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2016, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
2,932 posts, read 1,651,620 times
Reputation: 1777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Not me. Not after his months of telling us about the wall, and they have to go back and do it legally. Not fair to the ones who do it legally, etc............. He also needs to yank that gravy train out from under their feet. Thats ridiculous that they don't have to pay a cent for any medical care when I know so many Americans who can't afford to go to the doctor, and who are really sick. Have you seen the receipts from illegals who's kids go into grocery stores, buy a bagful of candy and cokes, and just throw their receipt down? People have been getting them and posting them on Facebook. They have balances of over 7,000.00 dollars and 5 thousand. And they can also get cash on these cards. I'm sick and tired of that crap. I'm sick of them getting everything that citizens don't. It's wrong.


No, it doesn't sound harsh. What sounds harsh is the laughter we hear from them all the time because Obama takes such good care of them, said while they're flipping everyone off. Do you ever go on Facebook? They have all kinds of videos of them laughing at stupid gringos!
from CNN Money:
Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 06:18 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,508 posts, read 1,940,056 times
Reputation: 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
from CNN Money:
Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.
What do they mean by most? These programs are administered by the states and some states ask immigration status while others don't. If 48 states asked but New York and California didn't, that is a humongous amount right there. Anyway, these benefits are distributed to households based on the number of children. They use their US-born kids to obtain these benefits. Did you miss the whole Proposition 187 in CA debacle which would've made aid available only to citizens and legal immigrants? It was voted in by the people but struck down by the courts.

In 2013, LA County's Supervisor said illegal immigration cost the county over $1.6 billion, excluding education. Undocumented LA County Parents On Pace To Receive $650M In Welfare Benefits CBS Los Angeles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 06:38 AM
 
13,472 posts, read 9,593,751 times
Reputation: 17427
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
from CNN Money:
Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.
Their children who were born here do though. At least in my state. So A family with two kids would get about $300 in food stamps and whatever cash aid under TANF ( you have to have kids to qualify for cash aid in my state, ironic, huh). The kids would get Medicaid. The parents would not. The section 8 waiting list has been closed for 5 years due to backlog, so that is a non issue here.

And Trump did significantly walk back his immigration stance in front of that Hispanic crowd yesterday. I watched part of his speech.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I do want to see immigration addressed. We are importing poverty. We can't afford that. We have more than enough of our own.

I want to keep the young kids that we've spent years and money educating in the American education system. I want anyone here illegally who has committed a crime, even a DUI, gone yesterday.
I want the laws changed, even if it takes a constitutional amendment, overturning birthright citizenship for babies born to people who are not here as legal citizens or at least green card holders.
I want to see a guest worker program where a worker pays for a seasonal visa that includes ER coverage should he / she become ill while they are here. The taxpayer shouldn't be on the hook for that.

Anyway... I have more, but that's called a comprehensive immigration policy and all the black and white thinkers in this country just freak out when they hear that phrase. Their answer " deport 11 million people "

Yeah. Good luck with that. Even Trump realizes that is mission impossible. When we take these all or nothing stances, we usually end up with nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Reputation: 18141
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
from CNN Money:
Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.
CNN, you mean the CNN owned by Time Warner who has donated $722,000+ to Hillary's campaign? They tend to see things other than the reality.

Number one, they are not "undocumented" and if that is the case, if they will simply contact the state where they were born, those documents, for a small fee, can be sent to them. Not a big deal, we have done it for many documents as we needed "certified copies". "Undocumented", this is how to get your documents: https://www.usa.gov/replace-vital-documents

Cost of Medicaid for illegal aliens who use the emergency room at 3 times the rate of a legal resident of our country: Medicaid for Illegal Immigrants | Emergency Medicaid and a cost of over 10 billion dollars a year: Illegal Immigrants Account for $10.7 Billion of Nation We cover maternity for illegals from conception to birth thus the reason their population is growing so fast, anchor babies are cash cows here.

Let us not forget that any article that calls and illegal alien, "undocumented" is nothing but a sham!

At a minimum, we must e-verify ALL jobs, take a long hard look at the anchor baby situation which simply means correctly defining the 14th Amendment (one parent must have their allegiance to the USA) and build the Wall.

We really need to speed up deportations too and not let them go as I believe it is over 90% that don't show up for their hearings. Unless they can produce their "documents" which should take maybe a week to 10 days, cart their butts across the southern border and release!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 07:41 AM
 
31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8347
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Their children who were born here do though. At least in my state. So A family with two kids would get about $300 in food stamps and whatever cash aid under TANF ( you have to have kids to qualify for cash aid in my state, ironic, huh). The kids would get Medicaid. The parents would not. The section 8 waiting list has been closed for 5 years due to backlog, so that is a non issue here.

And Trump did significantly walk back his immigration stance in front of that Hispanic crowd yesterday. I watched part of his speech.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I do want to see immigration addressed. We are importing poverty. We can't afford that. We have more than enough of our own.

I want to keep the young kids that we've spent years and money educating in the American education system. I want anyone here illegally who has committed a crime, even a DUI, gone yesterday.
I want the laws changed, even if it takes a constitutional amendment, overturning birthright citizenship for babies born to people who are not here as legal citizens or at least green card holders.
I want to see a guest worker program where a worker pays for a seasonal visa that includes ER coverage should he / she become ill while they are here. The taxpayer shouldn't be on the hook for that.

Anyway... I have more, but that's called a comprehensive immigration policy and all the black and white thinkers in this country just freak out when they hear that phrase. Their answer " deport 11 million people "

Yeah. Good luck with that. Even Trump realizes that is mission impossible. When we take these all or nothing stances, we usually end up with nothing.

Could you share with us exactly what Trump said in that speech or provide a link to it? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 08:54 AM
 
13,472 posts, read 9,593,751 times
Reputation: 17427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Could you share with us exactly what Trump said in that speech or provide a link to it? Thanks.
I saw it on tv, so unfortunately, I can't. I was pretty surprised. He was asking for advice from this Hispanic group on how to deal with immigration issues. He and his people have been spending a lot of time here in Vegas lately. We are a swing state, and have the largest percentage of illegal aliens of any metro area in the US.

Currently, we are also the number one area for campaign spending on both sides. God help us. Pass the Rolaids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Florida
4,805 posts, read 2,209,597 times
Reputation: 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
There is some buzz in the Elections area about Trump softening on illegal aliens, but the supporters of Hillary tend to suffer severe delusions and I wouldn't believe a word they or their lying, corrupt candidate say.

I found this article: https://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarra...77N#.lb3G7YwwP

Gee, if Trump is going to let them stay under some sort of "legal" status which will allow them to take our jobs out from under us, I better hang onto my planned donations to his campaign.

I would still vote for him as the lesser of the evils as would many but the illegal aliens and their anchors are sucking down too many tax dollars. Americans First.

With ObamaCareNot, that has effected Medicaid and cuts are underway yet again for the elderly and disabled, probably going to need more dollars for the illegals.

They are all criminals and we have enough citizens that are dead beats and having kids for cash as to not have to import them. We also have enough of our own criminals without importing them.

I want a POTUS that stands behind ALL of our laws, not another one that picks and chooses like the current one!
Trump has taken you anti-illegal supporters for a ride !!!!



He has "pUnK'ed" all of you since he now needs the Hispanic vote to beat Hillary in November ! Just look at how he is cozying up to the African -American community as well now.
Trump would sell his soul just to get elected and his poll numbers go up !

His supporters are passengers on a "Ship of Fools" !


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63IDMqPcMzc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Reputation: 18141
More anti-Trump spin? I don't know if the Dems were wetting their pants afraid that more Dems would jump ship if this were true or hoping Trump would lose the supporters he already has but.......

Exclusive

Also, "undocumented" immigrants? No one is addressing that, just illegal aliens that broke the law by entering OUR country without authorization. I posted earlier the information for people needing "documents" - where to order theirs from their perspective states.

We, the Trump supporters, are on the Trump Train steaming toward victory in November, Hillary is tied to the tracks by her incompetence and the "fools" that haven't jumped the Clinton ship, they'll go down with her. Cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 11:31 AM
 
31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Trump has taken you anti-illegal supporters for a ride !!!!



He has "pUnK'ed" all of you since he now needs the Hispanic vote to beat Hillary in November ! Just look at how he is cozying up to the African -American community as well now.
Trump would sell his soul just to get elected and his poll numbers go up !

His supporters are passengers on a "Ship of Fools" !


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63IDMqPcMzc

Describe "cozying up". There are voters that are still on the fence and not sure which candidate they will be voting for such as Independents. These Americans can be reached by speaking to them about the differences between the two candidates and their different polices. Neither Trump or Hillary should ignore this base but somehow it's deemed as some sort of sinister practice but only in regards to Trump? Not all minorities vote the same so why not try to reach them? Trump only needs a portion of the minority vote to win the election not all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top