U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2016, 11:34 AM
 
31,698 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Reputation: 8448

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I saw it on tv, so unfortunately, I can't. I was pretty surprised. He was asking for advice from this Hispanic group on how to deal with immigration issues. He and his people have been spending a lot of time here in Vegas lately. We are a swing state, and have the largest percentage of illegal aliens of any metro area in the US.

Currently, we are also the number one area for campaign spending on both sides. God help us. Pass the Rolaids.
Nothing wrong with him asking them for their input or anyone else's input. He can make a decision better the more info and advice he receives. That doesn't mean he is caving into anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2016, 01:23 PM
 
13,483 posts, read 9,618,380 times
Reputation: 17437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nothing wrong with him asking them for their input or anyone else's input. He can make a decision better the more info and advice he receives. That doesn't mean he is caving into anything.
I didn't say he was "caving" into anything. Even the op didn't say that in his thread title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 02:24 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Trump has taken you anti-illegal supporters for a ride !!!!



He has "pUnK'ed" all of you since he now needs the Hispanic vote to beat Hillary in November ! Just look at how he is cozying up to the African -American community as well now.
Trump would sell his soul just to get elected and his poll numbers go up !

His supporters are passengers on a "Ship of Fools" !


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63IDMqPcMzc
Uh; Obama punked the illegals as well; their despicable kind STILL have NOT gotten any kind of amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
4,537 posts, read 1,949,033 times
Reputation: 6790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Trump has taken you anti-illegal supporters for a ride !!!!



He has "pUnK'ed" all of you since he now needs the Hispanic vote to beat Hillary in November ! Just look at how he is cozying up to the African -American community as well now.
Trump would sell his soul just to get elected and his poll numbers go up !

His supporters are passengers on a "Ship of Fools" !


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63IDMqPcMzc
We don't have video or a transcript of what he said, nor do any articles contain verified quotes from the meeting. No, it is people who believe he's flipped who have been punked. We have a couple people from the meeting saying Trump 'listened' to their concerns and maybe kinda sorta seemed open to being flexible on some things. Pretty vague. This is just more media bias jumping to conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 03:57 PM
 
1,597 posts, read 748,839 times
Reputation: 1407
This is so obvious, he has been begging Blacks for votes,now he is caving on immigration. Ive watched his surrogates all day, and they are all backpedaling. Now his immigration speech is postponed. If he has been constant about one thing, this past year is the deportation of 11 million illegals, now he is changing his tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 04:54 PM
 
31,698 posts, read 14,614,583 times
Reputation: 8448
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
This is so obvious, he has been begging Blacks for votes,now he is caving on immigration. Ive watched his surrogates all day, and they are all backpedaling. Now his immigration speech is postponed. If he has been constant about one thing, this past year is the deportation of 11 million illegals, now he is changing his tune.

It's not obvious if there are no transcripts or video of the meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 05:07 PM
 
1,597 posts, read 748,839 times
Reputation: 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not obvious if there are no transcripts or video of the meeting.
I heard Trump today, and I quote my campaign is working with a lot of people in the Hispanic community to try and come up with an answer" on the issue.

That is softening. Why the heck would he need the help of the hispanic community, if he was steadfast that EVERYONE HAD TO LEAVE, THERE WILL BE A DEPORTATION FORCE!

He also said, "we have to fair but firm,". During his campaign he has never talked of being fair, his stance was everyone had to go, too bad if families split up.

He is clearly backpedaling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 05:16 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not obvious if there are no transcripts or video of the meeting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I heard Trump today, and I quote my campaign is working with a lot of people in the Hispanic community to try and come up with an answer" on the issue.

That is softening. Why the heck would he need the help of the hispanic community, if he was steadfast that EVERYONE HAD TO LEAVE, THERE WILL BE A DEPORTATION FORCE!

He also said, "we have to fair but firm,". During his campaign he has never talked of being fair, his stance was everyone had to go, too bad if families split up.

He is clearly backpedaling.
Oldglory nailed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 05:20 PM
 
1,597 posts, read 748,839 times
Reputation: 1407
Okay well you keep believing that, I dont need notes from the meeting when I heard from the man himself today.

He played everyone, but Im not shocked. He is a fake conservative. I pegged it on the other thread. If he was serious he wouldve been championing e-verify, but he also likes the cheap labor for his buildings. They are all fakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2016, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,546 posts, read 1,780,654 times
Reputation: 949
Back when Trump first started his campaign I heard with my own ears more then once in interviews say something to the effect " We are going to send them out and then in an expedited fashion bring them back into the country legally". Anyone remember that?

Not sure what he exactly meant by "expedited", but it did not mean get to the back of the line and wait for years to return. It is known as a touch back program which could be accomplished by sending them to their local consulates on US soil to register, then under-go a background check and eventual legalization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top