U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 05:34 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,779,726 times

Advertisements

A Texas immigration lawyer, who was at the meeting, is the one who told Univision and Buzzfeed "that Trump was now opposed to deporting the illegal aliens in America" - and he was wrong.

"A senior staffer at the Republican National Committee (RNC) told Breitbart News Saturday GOP presidential candidate Donald J. Trump did not say or suggest that he was open to granting any legal status–amnesty–to any illegal aliens in the United States at his campaign’s National Hispanic Advisory Council meeting as reported in BuzzFeed and Univision."

"Anyone at the meeting, held at Trump Tower, who got the impression that Trump had changed his position on foreigners in the United States illegally misinterpreted his remarks, she said."

Exclusive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 05:45 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Back when Trump first started his campaign I heard with my own ears more then once in interviews say something to the effect " We are going to send them out and then in an expedited fashion bring them back into the country legally". Anyone remember that?

Not sure what he exactly meant by "expedited", but it did not mean get to the back of the line and wait for years to return. It is known as a touch back program which could be accomplished by sending them to their local consulates on US soil to register, then under-go a background check and eventual legalization.

He said that the good ones might be able to come back legally. He didn't say they all could. IMO, though none of them should be allowed to return.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I heard Trump today, and I quote my campaign is working with a lot of people in the Hispanic community to try and come up with an answer" on the issue.

That is softening. Why the heck would he need the help of the hispanic community, if he was steadfast that EVERYONE HAD TO LEAVE, THERE WILL BE A DEPORTATION FORCE!

He also said, "we have to fair but firm,". During his campaign he has never talked of being fair, his stance was everyone had to go, too bad if families split up.

He is clearly backpedaling.

I'll wait and see what he says on this issue on Thursday. I will take that as his final words.

There is no reason that families should have to be split up. They can all return to their homelands together family intact.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Okay well you keep believing that, I dont need notes from the meeting when I heard from the man himself today.

He played everyone, but Im not shocked. He is a fake conservative. I pegged it on the other thread. If he was serious he wouldve been championing e-verify, but he also likes the cheap labor for his buildings. They are all fakes.
So did he mention amnesty? Do you have a link to him speaking today? On his website he mentions e-verify under his immigration plans. Here's the link.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform

Old 08-22-2016, 05:56 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,779,726 times
Quote:
Back when Trump first started his campaign I heard with my own ears more then once in interviews say something to the effect " We are going to send them out and then in an expedited fashion bring them back into the country legally". Anyone remember that?

Not sure what he exactly meant by "expedited", but it did not mean get to the back of the line and wait for years to return. It is known as a touch back program which could be accomplished by sending them to their local consulates on US soil to register, then under-go a background check and eventual legalization.
I've heard him talk about it many times and I never heard him say the word "expedited".

This is the typical comment that I'd heard him say about it ...

"They would go back and then enter the US through a legal process. The best of them will come back, but they're going to come back through a process"

No doubt the 'process' would be the immigrant process, which would mean that they would have to wait in line for their turn just like every immigrant.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:56 PM

2,543 posts, read 1,776,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He said that the good ones might be able to come back legally. He didn't say they all could. IMO, though none of them should be allowed to return.

I heard him say "the good one's". Never heard him use the word "might". The good one's would probably mean those that have been here for a certain amount of years, worked and never got involved in criminal activity. Plus the fact that many of the visa over-stays have legit SS numbers and pay taxes.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:06 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,068,763 times
Quote:
This is so obvious, he has been begging Blacks for votes,now he is caving on immigration. Ive watched his surrogates all day, and they are all backpedaling. Now his immigration speech is postponed. If he has been constant about one thing, this past year is the deportation of 11 million illegals, now he is changing his tune.
He has not been begging Blacks for their votes and plenty of grassroot efforts by blacks are being made on Trump's behalf. Let's just wait and see what he outlines.

Quote:
I heard Trump today, and I quote my campaign is working with a lot of people in the Hispanic community to try and come up with an answer" on the issue.

That is softening. Why the heck would he need the help of the hispanic community, if he was steadfast that EVERYONE HAD TO LEAVE, THERE WILL BE A DEPORTATION FORCE!

He also said, "we have to fair but firm,". During his campaign he has never talked of being fair, his stance was everyone had to go, too bad if families split up.

He is clearly backpedaling.
I think he probably listened to ideas. Many of the ones that have come legally oppose the illegal aliens committing a crime and being rewarded for it. Hopefully that is the message that he got.

Quote:

He did say that and that was one thing I did not think much of "expedited". I do not believe in rewarding criminals and every single illegal alien is a criminal. I am hoping he is getting his advice from those that have done it legally.

He will lose some support if he creates a pathway to legalization for these criminals.

Old 08-22-2016, 06:22 PM

2,543 posts, read 1,776,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I've heard him talk about it many times and I never heard him say the word "expedited".

This is the typical comment that I'd heard him say about it ...

"They would go back and then enter the US through a legal process. The best of them will come back, but they're going to come back through a process"

No doubt the 'process' would be the immigrant process, which would mean that they would have to wait in line for their turn just like every immigrant.
Quote;
"I would get people out and then have an expedited way of getting them back into the country so they can be legal…. A lot of these people are helping us … and sometimes it’s jobs a citizen of the United States doesn’t want to do. I want to move ’em out, and we’re going to move ’em back in and let them be legal."

Eric Trump: My dad's immigration plan includes amnesty after deportation | RedState

Old 08-22-2016, 06:43 PM

4,520 posts, read 1,941,562 times
The words deportation force were first used in an interview on MSNBC's Morning Joe back in November. Mika asked Trump if he would use a deportation force and he agreed, but said it would be done humanely. Now after this meeting with his Hispanic Advisory Council, people are interpreting his humane treatment as amnesty. It is all point of view! For people who believe enforcing any type of immigration law at all is ghastly and fascist, when they hear 'humane treatment' that means allowing loopholes in their own wishful thinking heads. That is NOT what Trump was talking about. By the way, we already have a deportation force--it's called border patrol and ICE!

Old 08-22-2016, 06:46 PM

13,478 posts, read 9,597,589 times
Just saw his campaign manager say we need to focus more on "fair" than "firm".

There was a lady who was in a meeting with him and she said one of the things on the table was called a " touchback" where an illegal immigrant would go to their consulate or embassy here in the US and receive documents and then go through a process to become legal. Presumably, they would also need to undergo a criminal background check ( I hope ) He still wants the wall, and firm border controls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or