U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 06:20 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,083,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Pew is virtually the only reliable source. Everything else is pretty much fantasy.
The fantasy exists for anyone that believes they aren't pouring in at 10 times the rate every time a stupid politician talks about amnesty. I can see it before my very eyes.

You only think it is "reliable" because it supports your agenda. You support Hillary right? Do you consider her also a "reliable source"? If so, that will explain a couple of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 07:04 PM

10,768 posts, read 3,759,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The fantasy exists for anyone that believes they aren't pouring in at 10 times the rate every time a stupid politician talks about amnesty. I can see it before my very eyes.

You only think it is "reliable" because it supports your agenda. You support Hillary right? Do you consider her also a "reliable source"? If so, that will explain a couple of things.
There are really only 3 sources of demographics on illegal aliens. DHS, INS and Pew. Everyone else except the lunatiic fringe uses their numbers which are generally close to each other.

There is some thought that the population may be spiking again. Perhaps 13 million by the end of 2016. But it is all speculation at this point.

I have repeatedly pointed out that failure to correct the problem leaves open the possibility it will get far worse and that might have begun.

I am no fan of Clinton but support her only because of the absurd abomination running against her.

Old 08-23-2016, 03:11 PM

41,911 posts, read 31,752,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Thousands per day, just coming in.

Seems like many don't care though.
Who?

Where?

When?

Old 08-23-2016, 04:14 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,901,596 times
Quote:
No significant change since 2009. Mexican illegals well down.
No doubt about it. All illegals routinely check in and reaffirm their status and current address as well as current employment. Thats how we know how many are here and how many have left.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:08 AM

41,911 posts, read 31,752,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No doubt about it. All illegals routinely check in and reaffirm their status and current address as well as current employment. Thats how we know how many are here and how many have left.
?

Old 08-25-2016, 06:06 AM

4,989 posts, read 1,578,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Thousands per day, just coming in.

Seems like many don't care though.
Darn Canadians

Old 08-29-2016, 07:55 AM

5,971 posts, read 2,795,063 times
Quote:
Mexicans are down a million partially offset by gains in other groups.

11.3 million was the last Pew number and it is the number quoted by most sources.
More propaganda. 11 million has been regurgitated for 15 years.

Its probably between 30 and 50 million with illegals, overstayers and anchors

Old 08-29-2016, 10:15 AM

10,768 posts, read 3,759,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
More propaganda. 11 million has been regurgitated for 15 years.

Its probably between 30 and 50 million with illegals, overstayers and anchors
The numbers have been published for some years and reached a top of something over 12 million in 2009. While some error is possible large error would have shown up in the census.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:35 AM

13,123 posts, read 9,212,549 times
I can't offer conclusive proof of immigrant invasion stats, but I have this one blip of data.
Back in 1998-2004, we lived in a typical apartment complex, south of hot 'lanta.
Most of the tenants were lower class working types.
After about 2000, more and more hispanics moved in. . . and literally drove out the black Americans.
Were they good tenants?
I can only relate what happened around me.
Next to us, a typical three bedroom apartment, 12 migrants lived, working / sleeping in shifts.
This was in violation of local statutes against overcrowding.
No one bothered to enforce it.
The "management" took their money and shut up.
"Someone" routinely would break our cable connection, as they tried to steal cable by tapping in.
All the parking spaces were filled with broken down pickup trucks.

My roommates worked night shift, so they slept during the day. We had to place signs, in SPANISH, asking folks to keep quiet during certain hours.
Luckily, one of my roommates had taken Spanish in high school.

All the green park space was suddenly set up with soccer / football goals.
No one played basketball anymore.

Break-ins and shootings became a weekly event.
We moved out.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:40 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,140,673 times
Quote:
Mexicans are down a million partially offset by gains in other groups.

11.3 million was the last Pew number and it is the number quoted by most sources.
11 billion plus is what they cost our taxpayers per year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration