U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 10:44 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,125,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I can't offer conclusive proof of immigrant invasion stats, but I have this one blip of data.
Back in 1998-2004, we lived in a typical apartment complex, south of hot 'lanta.
Most of the tenants were lower class working types.
After about 2000, more and more hispanics moved in. . . and literally drove out the black Americans.
Were they good tenants?
I can only relate what happened around me.
Next to us, a typical three bedroom apartment, 12 migrants lived, working / sleeping in shifts.
This was in violation of local statutes against overcrowding.
No one bothered to enforce it.
The "management" took their money and shut up.
"Someone" routinely would break our cable connection, as they tried to steal cable by tapping in.
All the parking spaces were filled with broken down pickup trucks.

My roommates worked night shift, so they slept during the day. We had to place signs, in SPANISH, asking folks to keep quiet during certain hours.
Luckily, one of my roommates had taken Spanish in high school.

All the green park space was suddenly set up with soccer / football goals.
No one played basketball anymore.

Break-ins and shootings became a weekly event.
We moved out.
This is the reality Obama and Hillary ignore while she is asking for more of it in order to get votes. When will American legal citizens become the first priority for any of these people who have body guards with guns. After experiencing this, how do you feel about jerks on here calling you a racist and bigot just because you want a safe place to sleep? Personally I think these name calling people are un-American. If the first loyalty is not to American legal citizens, I wish they would leave. They're part of the problem. They're disgusting traitors to this country. Now there's a name they can honestly wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 11:08 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,362,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This is the reality Obama and Hillary ignore while she is asking for more of it in order to get votes. When will American legal citizens become the first priority for any of these people who have body guards with guns. After experiencing this, how do you feel about jerks on here calling you a racist and bigot just because you want a safe place to sleep? Personally I think these name calling people are un-American. If the first loyalty is not to American legal citizens, I wish they would leave. They're part of the problem. They're disgusting traitors to this country. Now there's a name they can honestly wear.
There are always traitors and quislings aplenty, eager to curry favor with the power structure, when a nation has been conquered.

As to the branding and pillory of people as racists and bigots, this, too, is part of the phenomenon of conquest. Once branded, it gives people license to do whatever violence they wish to the individuals so branded. This is how things went in the Soviet Union, in Maoist China, in Nazi Germany. And other places as well, such as parts of the Middle East. It is how people are marked for extermination and is one of the hallmarks of totalitarian regimes. First it happens by depriving people of livelihoods and lines of communication, as is happening today, in business and socially.

Last edited by kmarc; 08-29-2016 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 08-29-2016, 11:08 AM

10,704 posts, read 3,742,867 times
Quote:
For the questions of Hispanic and Crime see...

The Myth of Hispanic Crime - The Unz Review

Unz is a conservative who examined the question in some depth.

Locally the neighborhoods that are moving from Black to Hispanic are gentrifying with increasing home values. Our middle class black population is mostly integrated into the overall community so it is the poorer black neighborhoods that are turning Hispanic.

Here though the high crime neighborhoods are mostly white with some black and Hispanic population. Our crime tends to be driven by drugs not race.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:14 AM

31,485 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
11 billion plus is what they cost our taxpayers per year.

Actually, they cost us $113 billion a year.

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

Old 08-29-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, they cost us $113 billion a year.

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers
More nonsense. Simply cooked books. No reality.

Old 08-29-2016, 12:13 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,897,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
?
sarcasm . I don't believe anyone knows how many illegals are infesting our country.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
sarcasm . I don't believe anyone knows how many illegals are infesting our country.
We obviously do not know exactly how many there are. In fact it is not even clear we have a full definition of what constitutes an illegal.

However the census is sufficiently definitive that we know we are not off by large factors. And the cities where they are commonly found have a strong vested interest in not being under counted. So I think we can count on the fact that the number is good plus or minus 20% or so.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:06 PM

4,519 posts, read 1,941,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The numbers have been published for some years and reached a top of something over 12 million in 2009. While some error is possible large error would have shown up in the census.
Uh-huh. Because people here illegally make sure they dutifully respond to federal government workers knocking on doors and give them all accurate information.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Uh-huh. Because people here illegally make sure they dutifully respond to federal government workers knocking on doors and give them all accurate information.
Uhhh no. Because the census people do knock on doors and follow up until they get an answer and because the cities and towns have a vested interest in maximizing the number. The propensity would be to drive an over count not an under count.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:59 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,349,436 times
Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate for president, says Mexicans should be granted work visas if working here, & must let gov't know they are here by getting social security #s & paying taxes. If they are interested in becoming citizens, they must follow a path that includes tests.

I live in a low crime suburb. That hasn't changed since the Mexicans moved in. Almost every night after work, they are playing volleyball at a nearby park with dozens watching them. They may have escaped a higher crime neighborhood & maybe not representative of all Mexicans. But here at least, no problems.

Hispanics becoming a majority in US is predicted to happen by 2050. I don't want to be forced to learn Spanish, but think most of them will learn English. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We still have at least 11 million illegals here most of whom are Mexicans. When they start to leave in large numbers then we can talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration