Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:14 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times

Advertisements

The root of the problem is they are illegal. How do we make it so they arent illegalls.
Propose a plan to let desireable future assimilated citizens into USA
Cities are bypassing existing laws, and its well documented.
So, how are we going to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 09:17 AM

119 posts, read 89,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debate_Drone View Post
You missed the point. What is a sanctuary city? All cities do not arrest illegal aliens unless they commit a non-immigration crime — does that make those cities 'sanctuary cities'? All cities allow IA children to attend school. All cities allow IAs to rent homes and bank. All US cities are 'sanctuary cities'.

You may have your definition, but that has to be made into federal law. Good luck with that.
It's always amusing how liberals try to parse words so that they can avoid reality. They proudly declare their cities to be "sanctuary cities" to illegals, to let them know that they are safe there. But then when people say that we should punish sanctuary cities, the same people go "...but what IS a sanctuary city? I have never heard of such a thing! Why, that is so black and white, when all things in the world are gray! I am so confused by this term, even though I went to Harvard! I may have to ponder this for the next 10 years and convene a subcommittee and then I will get back to you with follow up questions!"

Old 08-25-2016, 11:23 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
The root of the problem is they are illegal. How do we make it so they arent illegalls.
Propose a plan to let desireable future assimilated citizens into USA
Cities are bypassing existing laws, and its well documented.
So, how are we going to fix it.

We cannot legalize 11 million of them and it not have a permanent, negative impact on jobs and resources for Americans that's why we have annual quotas for legal immigration. Come here under those quotas and if it's not possible then stay home. Just because someone desires to come here and assimilate and gain our citizenship doesn't mean we can permit it.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:12 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No need to round them up. Just make life impossible.
Yes.......no welfare......no school for their children......no jobs.

And stop people from hiring them.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We cannot legalize 11 million of them and it not have a permanent, negative impact on jobs and resources for Americans that's why we have annual quotas for legal immigration. Come here under those quotas and if it's not possible then stay home. Just because someone desires to come here and assimilate and gain our citizenship doesn't mean we can permit it.
Well then. Maybe make the initial entrance into USA legally easier, to start. And stop catering to illegals . Cater to US citizens needs first. Get our priorities straight.
Its not rocket science. Stop being so damn nice handing out freebies to illegals.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:24 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Well then. Maybe make the initial entrance into USA legally easier, to start. And stop catering to illegals . Cater to US citizens needs first. Get our priorities straight.
Its not rocket science. Stop being so damn nice handing out freebies to illegals.

It's not that hard for those who fall under our legal quotas. I am just guessing that by you saying make it easier to start with that you mean increase those quotas? Our quotas are already based on our ability to provide immigrants with jobs and resources without it negatively impacting our own citizens while keeping population growth in mind. Seems like we already have sane policies and quotas in place.

I do agree we should put our own citizens first and stop handing our freebies to illegal aliens.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Why should we make legal immigration easier? I always laugh when people make arguments like that. "If you want fewer illegal immigrants, then just expand legal immigration." Huh, OK. I guess if you want fewer bank robberies, just put cash outside the bank. That didn't stop the problem, it just made it so you don't have to call it what it is any more. Even if we only let in one legal immigrant per year, that doesn't justify anyone else jumping the border under the "you have to let more in, so breaking the law is suddenly fine" argument.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:58 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schempgo View Post
Why should we make legal immigration easier? I always laugh when people make arguments like that. "If you want fewer illegal immigrants, then just expand legal immigration." Huh, OK. I guess if you want fewer bank robberies, just put cash outside the bank. That didn't stop the problem, it just made it so you don't have to call it what it is any more. Even if we only let in one legal immigrant per year, that doesn't justify anyone else jumping the border under the "you have to let more in, so breaking the law is suddenly fine" argument.
Agreed and, immigration def needs to be cut down for both legal and especially illegal aliens.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schempgo View Post
Well, I guess if we were speaking in front of each other things would be a little easier. Besides the issues with robberies and murders, the real problem lies in accountability.
If we account for everyone coming in, via an easier program to account for them via visas etc, then we know who is here and legally. You are still going to have illegals, no matter what you do.
So, once in, they are now paying taxes, buying healthcare blah blah blah.
I am not for them breaking the law, far from it. I proposed gun ranges on the borders with ammunition all going south, but it was not taken well.
I feel that people need to stop pandering to them, catering to them as if they are some lost soul needing help.. F that. Start calling them out, arresting them if they arent citizens and deport them. If they come back, put them in Cuba ( at our favorite hotel, run by the Navy).
But, back to the problem, we dont have accountability for them. And when we do find them, we put them right back out in society, no accountability at all to the cities, the taxpayers, politicians. They just send them right back out.
Well, I hope you laughed your arse off in the last post.
Trust, I am not against immigration. I feel we need to tackle the root problem and fix it over time, as you arent going to round up 11 million potential voters and send them south.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I proposed gun ranges on the borders with ammunition all going south, but it was not taken well.
That's actually the best way to handle the situation. As I said already, illegal aliens are criminals, but they're not idiots. Currently, we do "catch and return," which means they are completely free to repeatedly try until they are successful. Whereas, if they knew they'd die if they failed, it would make them think a little bit harder if they wanted to do it. The most ridiculous part is if we catch them, we actually treat all of their injuries and get them back in tip-top shape to try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration