Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 04:47 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times

Advertisements

without them, folks!

Washington Post: U.S. needs illegal immigrants for 'washing dishes,' 'mowing lawns' | Washington Examiner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 09:27 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Utter nonsense!

Old 08-24-2016, 11:28 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Because remember how it never got done before WaComPost is a Clinton shill globalist rag

Old 08-24-2016, 12:32 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
and to VOTE democRAT.....!!!!!

Old 08-24-2016, 11:45 PM

23,568 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Hmm, all of which I had done as a kid, and, for pay when I was in Jr. High and High School. No wonder kids these days are fat, lazy, fear the world, and, have no work ethics when they get older. Instead of the US kids going out and doing those jobs many sit at home playing video games and snarfing down pop and Twinkies, eventually, as they grow older, they continue to mooch off of their parents by moving into their basement...they don't know how to work and it's easier for them to live off of their parents. Some may drop a ton of money to go to college, but no doubt after graduation many end up back living with their parents, some who do enter the work force may drop out, from the culture shock of having to work for the first time, and end up back with their parents.

There are citizens that have lawn mowing and construction businesses, sometimes the businesses are generational, who end losing their businesses because they can't compete with the illegals who work under the table for a fraction of the cost.
The ones who pick crops are here on H2-A Visa's, and aren't illegals. Many of the large commercial farms will use them. The large family owned farms (at least the ones who I know) use local citizens, and many times they use local Ag students, to work for them instead of hiring H2-A Visa workers.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:16 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Yeah, I did all those things too. Washed dishes, bussed tables, shoveled snow, mowed lawns, delivered papers, etc. Don't worry, we'll get used to it.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Hmm, all of which I had done as a kid, and, for pay when I was in Jr. High and High School. No wonder kids these days are fat, lazy, fear the world, and, have no work ethics when they get older. Instead of the US kids going out and doing those jobs many sit at home playing video games and snarfing down pop and Twinkies, eventually, as they grow older, they continue to mooch off of their parents by moving into their basement...they don't know how to work and it's easier for them to live off of their parents. Some may drop a ton of money to go to college, but no doubt after graduation many end up back living with their parents, some who do enter the work force may drop out, from the culture shock of having to work for the first time, and end up back with their parents.

There are citizens that have lawn mowing and construction businesses, sometimes the businesses are generational, who end losing their businesses because they can't compete with the illegals who work under the table for a fraction of the cost.
The ones who pick crops are here on H2-A Visa's, and aren't illegals. Many of the large commercial farms will use them. The large family owned farms (at least the ones who I know) use local citizens, and many times they use local Ag students, to work for them instead of hiring H2-A Visa workers.

I disagree with your stereotyping of our American youth. Sure there are some lazy kids out there but most families I know encourage and even insist that their kids become productive members of our society. It all depends on your upbringing. Also, since illegals have taken so many of those entry level jobs it has depleted our American youth's opportunities to work. Other than that you are correct with your other comments.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:19 AM

119 posts, read 89,027 times
Sweet, I get my own Pedro to wash my dishes.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:12 PM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Maybe that is why Trump is softening his stance on illegals?

There is no way we can get them all out of here but a good start would be to detain and deport the ones that get caught when they break the law.

Today we have them driving drunk and crashing into citizens wrecking their cars and lives. They get arrested then released where they fail to show up for their court date. If anyone of us did that we would be in so much trouble and besides most of us have much to lose for violating the law.

If you are illegal and Break the law you are gone for good. That would be a good start.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Maybe that is why Trump is softening his stance on illegals?

There is no way we can get them all out of here but a good start would be to detain and deport the ones that get caught when they break the law.

Today we have them driving drunk and crashing into citizens wrecking their cars and lives. They get arrested then released where they fail to show up for their court date. If anyone of us did that we would be in so much trouble and besides most of us have much to lose for violating the law.

If you are illegal and Break the law you are gone for good. That would be a good start.

I have never been for rounding them all up and mass deportations so if Trump has back peddled on that then I am ok with it. However, any more concessions for illegal aliens such as amnesty for any of them and he's lost my vote. I am waiting to see what he has to say at the debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration