U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-29-2016, 05:45 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
2,951 posts, read 1,654,475 times
Reputation: 1787

Advertisements

690,000, is the number of known illegal immigrants who have been convicted of felonies or crimes defined as serious misdemeanors.

Deporting 690,000 out of America’s 11 million immigrants would result in the deportation of 6.27 percent of all known illegal immigrants. About 10,310,000 illegal immigrants — over 93 percent — would continue to reside in the United States.



Read more: Trump Immigration Plan Will Deport Few Illegal Immigrants | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-29-2016, 06:48 AM
 
4,507 posts, read 4,362,049 times
Reputation: 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
690,000, is the number of known illegal immigrants who have been convicted of felonies or crimes defined as serious misdemeanors.

Deporting 690,000 out of America’s 11 million immigrants would result in the deportation of 6.27 percent of all known illegal immigrants. About 10,310,000 illegal immigrants — over 93 percent — would continue to reside in the United States.



Read more: Trump Immigration Plan Will Deport Few Illegal Immigrants | The Daily Caller
Under the current system, yes. However, there are many ways to expedite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2016, 07:48 AM
 
5,970 posts, read 2,790,293 times
Reputation: 3919
Unbelievable.



Again the sanctuary cities will end. The law will be enforced and illegals will be deported.

Everify will be enforced.

Cant work?
Can't drive?
Can't eat?

In only a few years illegals will be gone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2016, 07:58 AM
 
31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
690,000, is the number of known illegal immigrants who have been convicted of felonies or crimes defined as serious misdemeanors.

Deporting 690,000 out of America’s 11 million immigrants would result in the deportation of 6.27 percent of all known illegal immigrants. About 10,310,000 illegal immigrants — over 93 percent — would continue to reside in the United States.



Read more: Trump Immigration Plan Will Deport Few Illegal Immigrants | The Daily Caller

Um, Trump said he would deport them all not just the convicted criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2016, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge
2,423 posts, read 2,999,384 times
Reputation: 2485
Just enforce the labor laws. Make e-verify stricter. The illegals will self deport. Millions will have to leave within 30-45 days because money will run out. Millions more will stay longer because their employers will cheat the enforced law and eventually will not be able to resist the expensive risk and legal problems. Other illegals will stay with legal family members until these family members finally cannot support the burden.

Fixing the illegal alien problem starts with the employers and then the hand-outs provided by the tax payer. If you address these two issues the illegal immigration problem will be a thing of the past. Many immigrants hoping to enter into the U.S. illegally will not even attempt it. The DEMs will have to pander to legal immigrants and supporters of other parties like it should be done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2016, 04:31 PM
 
5,768 posts, read 3,093,113 times
Reputation: 3128
Every little bit helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2016, 08:57 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Just enforce the labor laws. Make e-verify stricter. The illegals will self deport. Millions will have to leave within 30-45 days because money will run out. Millions more will stay longer because their employers will cheat the enforced law and eventually will not be able to resist the expensive risk and legal problems. Other illegals will stay with legal family members until these family members finally cannot support the burden.

Fixing the illegal alien problem starts with the employers and then the hand-outs provided by the tax payer. If you address these two issues the illegal immigration problem will be a thing of the past. Many immigrants hoping to enter into the U.S. illegally will not even attempt it. The DEMs will have to pander to legal immigrants and supporters of other parties like it should be done!
IMHO about 80 percent of all illegals WILL leave once the US starts getting serious about deporting their kind with the rest being real quiet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2016, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,071 posts, read 5,076,881 times
Reputation: 5654
A lot of denial here.

It's like some posters here have not heard what Trump has been proposing lately.

The only way you will get your way is if you convince 50% of Americans to vote for Ann Coulter or David Duke. Trump is just one of them. Trump is one of those barking dogs that never bites. A democrat at heart.

Quote:
Trump signaled his shift in thinking to Fox News' Sean Hannity during a town hall that aired last week by suggesting he might allow some immigrants to stay: "There's no amnesty, but we would work with them." He explained that he's been talking to "thousands and thousands" of people on this subject.
"I've had very strong people come up to me, really great, great people come up to me, and they've said, 'Mr. Trump, I love you, but to take a person who's been here for 15 or 20 years and throw them and their family out, it's so tough, Mr. Trump,' I have it all the time! It's a very, very hard thing," he said during the Hannity event.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/29/politi...rtation-force/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2016, 06:14 AM
 
5,970 posts, read 2,790,293 times
Reputation: 3919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
A lot of denial here.

It's like some posters here have not heard what Trump has been proposing lately.

The only way you will get your way is if you convince 50% of Americans to vote for Ann Coulter or David Duke. Trump is just one of them. Trump is one of those barking dogs that never bites. A democrat at heart.
Doesn't matter if they have been here 29 years. Out you go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2016, 10:12 PM
 
1,706 posts, read 993,335 times
Reputation: 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
690,000, is the number of known illegal immigrants who have been convicted of felonies or crimes defined as serious misdemeanors.

Deporting 690,000 out of America’s 11 million immigrants would result in the deportation of 6.27 percent of all known illegal immigrants. About 10,310,000 illegal immigrants — over 93 percent — would continue to reside in the United States.



Read more: Trump Immigration Plan Will Deport Few Illegal Immigrants | The Daily Caller
The only thing laughable is your inability to understand the bigger picture.

It could be explained to you but what would be the point? None are so blind as those who will not see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top