U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2016, 10:24 PM
 
Location: 23.7 million to 162 million miles North of Venus
5,250 posts, read 4,791,118 times
Reputation: 4240

Advertisements

Quote:
The Washington Times is reporting that despite IRS officials discovering that more than 1 million Americans had their Social Security numbers stolen by illegal aliens, for some reason IRS officials did not care enough to tell the taxpayers themselves. This disturbing information was released in a report written by the agency’s inspector general.
ILLEGALS STEAL 1 Million Social Security Numbers. IRS SAYS NOTHING. – Dennis Michael Lynch

I had heard that they were stealing SSN's, and that the IRS didn't care, I just didn't know that illegals were stealing that many SSN's...more than one million


Edited to add..
I guess the reason that the number of thefts is so high is because the IRS encourages the illgals to do it...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwo.../#2f7edeff237a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2016, 09:20 PM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
11,398 posts, read 7,423,822 times
Reputation: 16987
I know someone who has had her number stolen.
They promised her a high paying job and said they needed all the information, including a copy of her passport. Then they targeted her husband, who did the same thing. She faxed all the information to Panama. Then they never followed through with the job.

I told her it was all an identity theft scam, but she doesn't think so.

Maybe nothing will become of it. But maybe she'll get a letter from the IRS some day about all those back taxes she owes, and how she misstated her income.
This could be very bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2016, 09:33 PM
 
31,645 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Reputation: 8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I know someone who has had her number stolen.
They promised her a high paying job and said they needed all the information, including a copy of her passport. Then they targeted her husband, who did the same thing. She faxed all the information to Panama. Then they never followed through with the job.

I told her it was all an identity theft scam, but she doesn't think so.

Maybe nothing will become of it. But maybe she'll get a letter from the IRS some day about all those back taxes she owes, and how she misstated her income.
This could be very bad.

I know of a situation where within a company some employee SS numbers were stolen. They were used to obtain unemployment benefits. The rightful owners had their income tax refunds delayed because they didn't include those unemployment benefits which weren't theirs on their tax filing forms. Yes, it was illegal aliens that did it and I'll just leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2016, 09:57 PM
 
Location: .N6 A4
3,248 posts, read 4,097,092 times
Reputation: 2625
Any illegal immigrants (sorry, "undocumented workers" or whatever the euphemism de jour is) who do this should be deported. Punto. It is sufficient cause for deportation (if being here in violation of our immigration laws is not enough).

This is a little personal for me since I once discovered that someone was using my name and social security number. It didn't cause any problems for me, but it did shake me up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2016, 10:06 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,136 posts, read 21,143,346 times
Reputation: 23168
They just need to leave. Any politician who is courting these people is not good for our country. The first amnesty should never have happened because it encouraged more people to come here illegally. And you hear statements like, how are you going to deport X number of people. Put me in charge and watch me. Piece of cake.

The first thing you need to do is realize not one person in this country will be responsible for separating any family. Their parents hold that responsibility just for being an illegal alien in the first place. American citizens cannot be blamed for the sins of the illegals. I am tired of being used and abused. If we knew the full extent of what these people are costing us and our children we should all participate in a march on D. C. Your e-mails and letters are being ignored by this administration.

That we have that many people breaking the law more than once, first with illegal entry and then identity theft, tells me someone has been aiding these people and that is treason.

I did something really stupid once. I put my ss number in the computer as a search and up pops a person with my name in Florida. I am still wondering about that.

The news keeps reporting that a high percentage of people want those that are not committing crimes to have a way to citizenship. I would like to know what question was asked to get those poll numbers. I don't believe it. Most people I know are mad as a skunk about the incompetent government and what they are doing to the honest taxpayer. And there is no such thing as an illegal that is not a criminal. Just being here makes them a criminal. It is time to get real about the destruction these people are doing to our country and sticking it in our faces at the same time.

Last edited by NCN; 09-04-2016 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2016, 07:08 AM
 
31,645 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Reputation: 8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
They just need to leave. Any politician who is courting these people is not good for our country. The first amnesty should never have happened because it encouraged more people to come here illegally. And you hear statements like, how are you going to deport X number of people. Put me in charge and watch me. Piece of cake.

The first thing you need to do is realize not one person in this country will be responsible for separating any family. Their parents hold that responsibility just for being an illegal alien in the first place. American citizens cannot be blamed for the sins of the illegals. I am tired of being used and abused. If we knew the full extent of what these people are costing us and our children we should all participate in a march on D. C. Your e-mails and letters are being ignored by this administration.

That we have that many people breaking the law more than once, first with illegal entry and then identity theft, tells me someone has been aiding these people and that is treason.

I did something really stupid once. I put my ss number in the computer as a search and up pops a person with my name in Florida. I am still wondering about that.

The news keeps reporting that a high percentage of people want those that are not committing crimes to have a way to citizenship. I would like to know what question was asked to get those poll numbers. I don't believe it. Most people I know are mad as a skunk about the incompetent government and what they are doing to the honest taxpayer. And there is no such thing as an illegal that is not a criminal. Just being here makes them a criminal. It is time to get real about the destruction these people are doing to our country and sticking it in our faces at the same time.

I guess felony ID theft isn't a crime to some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2016, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
2,951 posts, read 1,658,546 times
Reputation: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
Any illegal immigrants (sorry, "undocumented workers" or whatever the euphemism de jour is) who do this should be deported. Punto. It is sufficient cause for deportation (if being here in violation of our immigration laws is not enough).

This is a little personal for me since I once discovered that someone was using my name and social security number. It didn't cause any problems for me, but it did shake me up.
How did you discover it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2016, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Near Falls Lake
2,308 posts, read 1,681,129 times
Reputation: 2150
This has been going on for some time. About 10 years ago, my son-in-law, who worked construction, was a victim. His IRS taxes didn't match up with the social security records and was flagged. They froze his bank account, siezed his return money (a few thousand dollars). It took 2 years and significant cost, including a lawyer to get it straight. Ask him what he thinks about illegals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2016, 09:23 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,627,811 times
Reputation: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I know someone who has had her number stolen.
They promised her a high paying job and said they needed all the information, including a copy of her passport. Then they targeted her husband, who did the same thing. She faxed all the information to Panama. Then they never followed through with the job.

I told her it was all an identity theft scam, but she doesn't think so.

Maybe nothing will become of it. But maybe she'll get a letter from the IRS some day about all those back taxes she owes, and how she misstated her income.
This could be very bad.
These Law abiding Illegals, who have done nothing. There is only the small matter of Identity Theft.


The Reason why this is important to Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2016, 05:32 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
6,730 posts, read 1,902,730 times
Reputation: 3420
Just another thing most Americans won't do, steal someone else's social security number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top