Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 02:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm not supporting them, its terrible. But I think execution for pretty much an accident is a bit harsh. On the other hand, an illegal who murders someone intentionally should be executed as well as anyone who takes the life of an innocent person.

It really wasn't much of an accident. The illegal involved was already caught driving without a license 2 years ago --- the crime really seems to lie with the officials who refuse to enforce the laws when that is their duty.

Why blame the illegal? They had every reason to deport her sorry rear-end back in 2006 and refused to follow through with the law. The government officials that failed to enforce the laws are really the ones who should be held responsible for the deaths and maiming of these children -- not some stupid pathetic illegal woman who couldn't learn enough English to know what the word "Stop" means or who realized that she would not be punished for driving with no license or insurance -- back in 2006.

There needs to be prison time for the government officials who do not enforce the laws, and for the employers of these illegals who are enticing them to be here and breaking our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
You just avoided my question. I know there are crazy drivers every where you go, this is not an exception. I asked you "DO YOU THINK SHE INTENTIONALLY DROVE HER VEHICLE INTO THE BUS TO INTENTIONALLY KILL THOSE CHILDREN".

She intentionally broke the law -- as did her enablers that didn't punish her previously for driving without a license.

Does a drunk driver intentionally kill other drivers or pedestrians? Yes -- in a big way they do when they choose to drive when intoxicated. This woman had no right to be in this country, she had no right to drive a car in this country and now she has killed 4 children and maimed many more. She obviously did not know that we have laws about drivng carefully around big yellow buses, she could not read a stop sign, she did not realize that she needed to stop for a stop sign.

Mexico doesn't educate these people - and there is no good reason for us to take them all in or to be very lenient with them.

What would happen to an American found to be illegally in Mexico who caused a similar wreck? If an American driver failed to stop and rammed full speed into a bus killing and maiming Mexican children? Would not the laws of Mexico protect it's own citiizens or would it just say it was a sad accident?

Old 02-23-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Here is the latest on this up here in Minneapolis:

Mystery surrounds van driver in Cottonwood bus crash

By CHAO XIONG and CURT BROWN, Star Tribune

Last update: February 22, 2008 - 11:19 PM

MARSHALL, MINN. - The van driver who witnesses say plowed into a school bus, killing four children, appeared in court Friday to face vehicular homicide charges. But authorities still aren't sure who she is, saying she's in the country illegally and using a phony name.

Sitting in a wheelchair with a broken leg Friday in Lyon County District Court, the woman said her name was Alianiss Nunez Morales. She said she'd been working in a Cottonwood, Minn., cabinet shop and living with her boyfriend in a trailer in nearby Minneota until they broke up Tuesday, the day of the crash.

Mystery surrounds van driver in Cottonwood bus crash (http://www.startribune.com/local/15877297.html - broken link)

Wonder who will be paying for those medical bills she's racked up? How about also going after the owner of the cabinet shop where she worked also?
Yes -- they should prosecute the employer -- and hold the employer financially responsible for the hospital bills of all involved. Certainly the greedy employers enticing illegals like this one to be here should start having to pay for the damages done by them.

And all involved in the last time she was picked up -- back in 2006 who failed to enforce the laws and have this woman deported.

Good thing though that her leg was broken and the van too messed up or she would certainly have fled the scene like they always do. And she certainly is showing no remorse for the lives she took and refuses to cooperate even now.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:50 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
As a Minnesotan, I don't want to pay to incarcerate her. I believe she should be given the option of prison( when found guilty) or being transported to any town in Mexico.

I would want the deportation option to have the stipulation that she get a huge tattoo on her hand extending from her knuckles to her elbow as a means to prevent her coming back and to alert all Mexicans to what she has done.

By the way, tattoos are not torture as many people get them everyday.

The govt will have to pay the tab for her getting her leg broken. Since she was driving w/o a licemse and phony license plates, there is no money to be gotten by suing her.

Give her the option I mentioned. Let her decide. (I doubt life in Mexico with one's leg in a cast and a huge tattoo telling everybody what you did would be very pleasant)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration