U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:31 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Your either missing the point, or ignoring the laws of this country?
It doesn't matter if the job was shoveling gutters. Illegals are in this country illegally, which in turn means that they are not permitted to work in this country.
Anyone from a foriegn country that comes to the US to work must have a work permit. and to be legal about it....there's no exceptions.
You should really be pushing employers to hire more americans instead of unskilled illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 04:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyblackjohn View Post
Ilegals don't take jobs from blacks... they may get a lot of jobs that uneducated and/or underqualified blacks would usually get. Constuction is one area in which a lot of immigrants seem to thrive. I had a small constuction company (as did/do some of my friends) and the LEGAL Hispanic/Latino workers seem to work a lot harder. We can't get enough workers willing to start out at $12.00 an hour and be on time, do the job as requested and want to pay their dues before moving up. (This is in the South so things might be different where I now live.)
Many Blacks feel that doing skilled labor is demeaning (maybe a remnant of slavery). The labor wasn't demeaning - the oppression of slavery was.
As far as being Black and against Illegal-Immigration; put me on the list of those Blacks.

What about post-Katrina New Orleans? Many black Americans who have lived their for decades are unable to find work in construction due to a HUGE influx of illegal alien labor. Ther have been news articles and news stories about it.

I think it is disgusting that illegal aliens are brought in to rebuild New Orleans. It should be Americans and even better actual residents who want a hand in rebuilding their home.

Just one example of Black Americans from Alabama trying to work and rebuild NO-if you like you can search the web-there are plenty more:

Washington Times - Politics, Breaking News, US and World News - Arrival of aliens ousts U.S. workers

Last edited by nicolem; 06-25-2008 at 04:34 AM..

Old 06-25-2008, 08:30 AM

2,662 posts, read 5,135,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
How about children that were beaten up, spat on, had their clothing taken off on the road by blacks.....all because they were from another country. How about blacks calling people from the caribbeans Monkeys, coconuts and telling them to go back on the banana boat because they were black kids from another country? I can tell you some racist crap that happened to blacks by Black Americans ALL because the other set of black kids were from another country.........made it even worse because their friends were white because the white kids were the ones that treated them like human beings.

I have experienced blacks telling people to "go back to where they came from", blacks talking about people from other countries, legal or illegal as if they were garbage.

Let's not deny it folks, I am black and I love my race, my culture, but I will be damned to sit here and act like we are a very tolerant set of people. We are prejudice against people from other countries and other races; heck we even have light skin dark skin prejudice amongst us. Now not all are the same, but we have our dirty skeletons and can be very intolerant just like any other race.

Very well said

Old 06-25-2008, 02:42 PM

539 posts, read 1,612,575 times
mkfarnam - nicolem - Apparently you've misread (or I've mis-stated) my views. I'd hire LEGAL (Yes , I'd ask for proof of citizenship) Latinos/Hispanics not illegals. I was just commenting on other posts that stated that illegal immigration hurts all of us in general but blacks in particular.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:29 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
mkfarnam - nicolem - Apparently you've misread (or I've mis-stated) my views. I'd hire LEGAL (Yes , I'd ask for proof of citizenship) Latinos/Hispanics not illegals. I was just commenting on other posts that stated that illegal immigration hurts all of us in general but blacks in particular.
I stand corrected.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:44 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Sorry uglyblackjohn- I too stand corrected.

Nicolem

Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 PM

16 posts, read 73,038 times
WRONG! they have broken the law and they are criminals! when my grandparents came to this country, they had to have a sponsor, they had to prove they had a job waiting for them, and had to meet various other requirements... why? so they didn't just swim in, jobless, homeless, and friendless, expecting to receive govt.-paid food, govt.-paid education, govt.-paid healthcare, govt.-subsidized housing, welfare, etc.... in other words, you did not get into this country just to suck on the government's great tit... every dime spent on illegals, even the money they earn, is a dime that is not available to care for the legal residents of the united states... wake up! we are bankrupt! time to stop being the santa claus of the world and take care of our own!...

Old 10-04-2010, 09:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentino1 View Post
WRONG! they have broken the law and they are criminals! when my grandparents came to this country, they had to have a sponsor, they had to prove they had a job waiting for them, and had to meet various other requirements... why? so they didn't just swim in, jobless, homeless, and friendless, expecting to receive govt.-paid food, govt.-paid education, govt.-paid healthcare, govt.-subsidized housing, welfare, etc.... in other words, you did not get into this country just to suck on the government's great tit... every dime spent on illegals, even the money they earn, is a dime that is not available to care for the legal residents of the united states... wake up! we are bankrupt! time to stop being the santa claus of the world and take care of our own!...
Back then those that migrated had to be self sufficient bacause there were no Gov, assistance programs back then.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,569,083 times
When did "construction" become a job american's wouldn't do?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:54 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
When did "construction" become a job american's wouldn't do?
When the supporters of them said so.

Businesses that use them, other people that slithered across the border or over stayed visas are all the scum supporting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or