U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
Blacks and Latinos have always had beef with one another. There are even some blacks who have issues with the legal Puerto Ricans living in the US and vice versa.
Perhaps itís a regional phenomenon. Where I live, Blacks and Puerto Ricans have always coexisted. In fact, I (a black woman) have dated more than my share of Puerto Rican men, without incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 05:41 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,965,652 times
I can remember a few years back (like almost 10 when I first came here) when most of my black friends saw nothing much wrong with illegal immigration (and admittedly some saw it as them and us against the white oppressor type comments) but as more and more keep coming and they see the racist inclinations of these interlopers, plus their displacing jobs, the mood is changing.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I can remember a few years back (like almost 10 when I first came here) when most of my black friends saw nothing much wrong with illegal immigration (and admittedly some saw it as them and us against the white oppressor type comments) but as more and more keep coming and they see the racist inclinations of these interlopers, plus their displacing jobs, the mood is changing.
I was oblivious to illegal immigration 10 years ago. Their May 2006 marches opened my eyes.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,164,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I was oblivious to illegal immigration 10 years ago. Their May 2006 marches opened my eyes.
I know of a white woman who said the same thing. She actually sympathized with them and believed the propaganda that is spewed about them by the left. The march changed her way of thinking also. I imagine it awakened quite a few Americans of all ethnicities.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,588,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Same thing I noticed. I think it has to do with numbers. When Mexican and Guatemalan people begin to come to our city, they were humble, afraid and they were just trying to stay under radar. Now that there are areas that they have congregated to and made a community in (turned into "Little Mexicos"), they have gotten arrogant and cocky about being here. Many still are just trying to keep to themselves, but most I know are really arrogant about being here illegally.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:24 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,588,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I can understand how the most impoverished Americans(of all colors) have to compete with undocumented aliens for resources at the bottom...but impoverished Americans have a slight advatage for betterment. Poor Americans are afforded far more resources than the alien living without autorization.

Poor Americans can avail themselves of all kinds of schooling and job training and have advatages to advance out of poverty to self-suffciency. So the cry of "hes taking my piece of rotten bread' rings hollow.
Uh, of course we have an advantage, we are here legally! We were blessed to have been born here or have come here legally. I don't really care about the disadvantage for an undocumented immigrant. There are way too many disadvantages caused by them for me to care. I don't want to get confrontational, but you are getting on my nerves with this happy-go-lucky approach to undocumented immigration. I swear, all of your posts make some excuse for undocumented people.

How are you going to try to talk to someone who is here legally about how bad and disadvantaged illegal immigrants have it? Tell that to the governments of their countries. You don't see that "poor Americans" won't be able to do any of that stuff you say if we keep handing things over to undocumented immigrants?

That had to have been your most pro-illegal immigrant post ever.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:47 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,334,543 times
Somewhere down the line, I see that now, in this latter day, many cannot grasp the understanding that the American "pie" has finally been cut in ultra-thin slices,
that all of those who were first at the bounteous table, got the biggest slices and now there are but crumbs left and we are ill fit, to be fed. Long years ago, our bankers and
corporate heads came to understand that as profit making ventures, they were bound to serve that end, it was how a corporation grew to become as rich as it could become.
Overseas labor pools became the one of the best ways to cut down on rising labor costs here in America and that we, as consumers, would gladly trade our jobs for the cheaply
manufactured products that line the aisles, whether at Walmart, Kmart or even, the supermart.

These days, there's a new twist, we're seeing a new labor force here in America, a bunch of people hungry to get a slice of the ever thinning pie. Their own countries have
already been given gracious and undeserved slices of our American pie and so, having greedily gulped those slices down, they send their hungry citizens here, as feeders on the
"rotten bread", that many of us once knew, as American pie.

In agreement with others here on this thread, I too feel that it is not a racial or ethnic thing. As a white man who is fit and capable of working, yet can't find work for my hands,
I really can't blame those who do find work and for doing what they must do to survive, survival is one of mankind's highest priorities and strongest instincts. I do see that the illegal alien
resident is thinning the slices and drawing upon my resources, even here on unemployment insurance, I still have taxes to pay. What I can not understand is that I'm watching a bunch
of lame duck politicians, denigrate themselves and the lofty offices of the positions that they hold, while they make a political game of running or ruining our country. I'm certain that the
great forefathers of this once great nation, are all turning over in their trampled and desecrated graves.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,229,574 times
Quote:
Perhaps it’s a regional phenomenon. Where I live, Blacks and Puerto Ricans have always coexisted. In fact, I
Quote:
(a black woman
) have dated more than my share of Puerto Rican men, without incident.
I'm afraid of Black women. They can be mean. They'll beatcha with a shovel if they can get their hands on it...

Illegals should take heed.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'm afraid of Black women. They can be mean. They'll beatcha with a shovel if they can get their hands on it...

Illegals should take heed.
Ah, donít be afraid. We donít spank. . . unless you want us to.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,229,574 times
Quote:
Ah, donít be afraid.
Quote:
We donít spank
. . . unless you want us to.
You sure??..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or