U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:18 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,798,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Perhaps you consider Newsweek Magazine to be a credible source?

Feds: Latino Gang Targeted Blacks | Newsweek National News | Newsweek.com

How about the New York Times?

Racial Hate Feeds a Gang War’s Senseless Killing - New York Times

How about Police Link - The Law Enforcement Community Newsletter?

Latino Gangs Targeting Blacks in Los Angeles - Police Link

If you look for information, (Google is a good place to start) it is plentiful.
So black gangs are not targeting latinos either? It's funny how you guys turn a blind eye on everything else and just focus on latinos. Just read this quote i got from YOUR OWN article.

Quote:
The targeting of blacks by the Latino F13 appears to be an anomaly; experts say the majority of gang violence still involves a gang member and a victim of the same race. "On average, the violence just isn't race-based," says UC Irvine criminologist George Tita. "Our studies show there's no pattern of black-brown crime." Between 2000 and 2006 black offenders in south Los Angeles were more than seven times more likely to kill black victims, according to a study recently published by Tita and colleagues; Hispanic killers targeted fellow Hispanics twice as often.
Where is the outrage now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 09:52 AM

440 posts, read 237,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So black gangs are not targeting latinos either? It's funny how you guys turn a blind eye on everything else and just focus on latinos. Just read this quote i got from YOUR OWN article.

All gangs are bad news. Nobody is targeting "latinos". The fact that the majority of the latino gang members are ILLEGAL ALIENS from Mexico and South America who have no right to be here are targeting AMERICANS is the problem. But then you like all the others who attempt to make thinly veiled justifications by turning it into a racial/ethnic issue already know that.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
All gangs are bad news. Nobody is targeting "latinos". The fact that the majority of the latino gang members are ILLEGAL ALIENS from Mexico and South America who have no right to be here are targeting AMERICANS is the problem. But then you like all the others who attempt to make thinly veiled justifications by turning it into a racial/ethnic issue already know that.

How am i making it into an ethnic/racial issue when i'm not the one going around saying latinos are try to cleanse blacks from L.A? From reading this thread, i would have thought only latino gangs were bad news.

Btw, a lot of these gang members are U.S citizens.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
How am i making it into an ethnic/racial issue when i'm not the one going around saying latinos are try to cleanse blacks from L.A? From reading this thread, i would have thought only latino gangs were bad news.

Btw, a lot of these gang members are U.S citizens.
The point is a huge number of them ARE NOT. To my knowledge there is no statistical data available (since the US media goes out of its way in the name of PC to not keep track of illegal status), the fact that the latino numbers in California as well as the crime has escalated 10 fold, pretty much IMHO states the obvious.

At the end of the day, my point is even if its ONE illegal alien Latino killing an American citizen on American soil, there still remains no justification for that person's illegal presence and therefore it is a crime that could have been avoided.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
The point is a huge number of them ARE NOT. To my knowledge there is no statistical data available (since the US media goes out of its way in the name of PC to not keep track of illegal status), the fact that the latino numbers in California as well as the crime has escalated 10 fold, pretty much IMHO states the obvious.

At the end of the day, my point is even if its ONE illegal alien Latino killing an American citizen on American soil, there still remains no justification for that person's illegal presence and therefore it is a crime that could have been avoided.
If no statistical data is available then how do you know that a huge number of them are not citizens? Btw, Most crimes committed by citizens too can be avoided.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:26 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,698,843 times
Quote:

I'm not a fan of any sort of gang violence. Personally, I wish that they would all just do away with each other. It would save the taxpayer's untold amounts of money and make space in the prisons for those lone wolf type criminals.

However, when innocent citizens are targeted on the basis of their skin color, then I have a problem with it. A teenage girl with her entire life in front of her, shot and killed, targeted simply because she was Black. A man, standing on a sidewalk in L.A. with a toddler in his arms, shot and killed, targeted because he was Black.

While Hispanic and Black gangs maybe targeting each other based upon racial identity, Hispanic gangs seem to be the main proponents of targeting innocent people, children included, simply because they want to kill a Black person and they don't care whether their victims are gang members or fourteen year old girls.

I know alot of people who live in Compton and South Central. They are afraid for their lives and it's not the Black on Black violence that they are fearing. They fear the Hispanic gangs. There are about 500 Sureño Hispanic gangs in Los Angeles County representing over 50% of the gang memberbership. If you factor in gangs which are primarily white, black, or asian--that still leaves the Hispanic gangs in the majority and entire communities living in fear.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:58 PM

510 posts, read 1,302,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't believe there has ever been a case in which it can be proven that a black person dislikes illegals. Most blacks welcome illegals, realizing the huge economic benefits they bring. There was ONE guy in a small town in Iowa, who CLAIMED to be black, and SWORE he disliked illegals...but when officials investigated, they found he was only a very dark white guy.
So I'd have to say no, there are NO black people who dislike illegals. You can look this up in any World Almanac.....
I hate you. I hate you because this made me laugh so much I just spit coffee on my keyboard!!

Honestly made me lol!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
If no statistical data is available then how do you know that a huge number of them are not citizens? Btw, Most crimes committed by citizens too can be avoided.
I surf the web and visit the anti-illegal alien websites that post all of the horrific criminal activities perpetrated by illegal aliens (complete with links from a variety of cities, states and other sources). The numbers of rapes, child molestation, drunk driving murders, drive by shootings, identity theft and the overcrowded jails, all courtesy of the illegal Mexican and South American populations is overwhelming voluminous and unbelievable.

If our leaders were paying attention to the numbers of the gruesome acts commited by these culturally embedded criminals, crossing America's borders, the borders would have been sealed indefinitely after the 1986 amnesty.

Last edited by Preaching2thechoir; 02-26-2008 at 05:52 PM..

Old 02-26-2008, 06:35 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

I know alot of people who live in Compton and South Central. They are afraid for their lives and it's not the Black on Black violence that they are fearing. They fear the Hispanic gangs. There are about 500 Sureño Hispanic gangs in Los Angeles County representing over 50% of the gang memberbership. If you factor in gangs which are primarily white, black, or asian--that still leaves the Hispanic gangs in the majority and entire communities living in fear.
Question:

Not so terribly long ago; it was the Blood and Crips, both are/were predominantly Black gangs that had the decent Black people in terror--------fast forward to to 2008 and it is the Hispanic gangbangers who appear to be the real threat. I hear very little about the Black gangs anymore.

What changed aside from many more (illegal) Latinos in SoCal today?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,698,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Question:

Not so terribly long ago; it was the Blood and Crips, both are/were predominantly Black gangs that had the decent Black people in terror--------fast forward to to 2008 and it is the Hispanic gangbangers who appear to be the real threat. I hear very little about the Black gangs anymore.

What changed aside from many more (illegal) Latinos in SoCal today?
It's a numbers game AZ.

The Bloods and the Crips are both still active. However, they are being squeezed out of their territory by the sheer numbers of Hispanic gang members streaming into Los Angeles. Because Mayor Villareconquista has rolled out the red carpet for illegal aliens in Los Angeles, it is quite easy for criminals to simply fade into the wood work. Members of violent gangs in L.A. are quite aware that even if they are arrested, their immigration status will never be questioned. Even if they end up in the L.A. county jail system, they will simply be released back into an unsuspecting community once they are set free.

Look at L.A.'s ten most wanted page here:

Top Ten Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

How many African American gang members do you see on the top ten page? While it is impossible to know gang status unless stated--not one of these people are Black (or Caucasian for that matter). Four have stated gang affiliations, three Hispanic and one Armenian.

Such is the situation in Los Angeles county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or