U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 PM

6,530 posts, read 11,616,970 times

Advertisements

I know plenty of blacks who hate illegals. Here in the Washington, D.C. area a lot of historically black areas have been infested with illegals bringing crime and drugs. Most of the crime in this area is now committed by illegals, and the most violent gangs are Salvadoran. Maryland's liberal Democratic governor wants to give in-state tuition to illegals in college. This takes place spots away from inner-city and impoverished African Americans and breeds resentment. Blacks, like all other natives, have to compete with the illegals for jobs and suffer from the illegals driving down wages.

I don't see any black people who are living 20 to a house like I see the illegals do. That's the lifestyle you will live it you work a job dominated by illegals. Maybe if you used to live in a tin shack in Mexico City living 20 to a house sharing 1 bathroom is paradise but....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 12:48 PM

440 posts, read 236,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
It's a numbers game AZ.

The Bloods and the Crips are both still active. However, they are being squeezed out of their territory by the sheer numbers of Hispanic gang members streaming into Los Angeles. Because Mayor Villareconquista has rolled out the red carpet for illegal aliens in Los Angeles, it is quite easy for criminals to simply fade into the wood work. Members of violent gangs in L.A. are quite aware that even if they are arrested, their immigration status will never be questioned. Even if they end up in the L.A. county jail system, they will simply be released back into an unsuspecting community once they are set free.

Look at L.A.'s ten most wanted page here:

Top Ten Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

How many African American gang members do you see on the top ten page? While it is impossible to know gang status unless stated--not one of these people are Black (or Caucasian for that matter). Four have stated gang affiliations, three Hispanic and one Armenian.

Such is the situation in Los Angeles county.
Shut 'em down!!!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:35 PM

1,770 posts, read 7,329,059 times
Illegal immigrants are taking away jobs from black Americans.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:23 PM

1,268 posts, read 817,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
And they're not taking Jobs away from legal Latin Americans or Whites?

Old 04-10-2008, 08:58 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,494,121 times
Default You can't speak for an entire race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't believe there has ever been a case in which it can be proven that a black person dislikes illegals. Most blacks welcome illegals, realizing the huge economic benefits they bring. There was ONE guy in a small town in Iowa, who CLAIMED to be black, and SWORE he disliked illegals...but when officials investigated, they found he was only a very dark white guy.
So I'd have to say no, there are NO black people who dislike illegals. You can look this up in any World Almanac.....
Actually you cannot speak for another or an entire race. You are going to have some of all races who are for or against illegals. As far as the World Almanc, the same holds true. That's basically the same as saying "all folks of a certain race are bad" when in fact, every race has good and bad. I think any true American right now is very concerned at this illegal invasion that needs to be stopped immediately before our Country goes totally down the tube.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:00 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,494,121 times
Default Jobs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
They are bankrupting hospitals, schools and towns. Most of the towns are now filled with violent crime. YES they are taking jobs away from blacks AND whites and "legal" immigrants that are in the U.S. The only ones they aren't taking jobs from are the ones sitting on their butt, too lazy to work and collecting welfare.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
Im not a rascist so don't trip im mixed. I'm just saying I don't know any black people that care if somebodys legal or illegal. And I hear a lot of white people who dislike illegals because they think there going to take there children and shoot up there house and stuff. So my question is are there any black people who think the same way? Remeber im not a rascist my dads white.
You can add another 'black' to the list opposing illegal aliens. BTW, there are PLENTY more. However, as mentioned -- this is NOT a racial issue. I don't care what the country of origin is, or race/ethnicity of the illegal. The only reason Mexicans receive the lion's share of animosity is due to their overwhelming numbers and their 'in your face' arrogance and sense of entitlement.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:36 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Default Just to let you know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Actually you cannot speak for another or an entire race. You are going to have some of all races who are for or against illegals. As far as the World Almanc, the same holds true. That's basically the same as saying "all folks of a certain race are bad" when in fact, every race has good and bad. I think any true American right now is very concerned at this illegal invasion that needs to be stopped immediately before our Country goes totally down the tube.
Mac is well known on this board for his sarky sense of humor. He was being facetious--you know, sarcastic.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:23 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,416,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
Im not a rascist so don't trip im mixed. I'm just saying I don't know any black people that care if somebodys legal or illegal. And I hear a lot of white people who dislike illegals because they think there going to take there children and shoot up there house and stuff. So my question is are there any black people who think the same way? Remeber im not a rascist my dads white.

Well you can add me to the list of blacks that dislikes illegals. We may not be as vocal about it, but most blacks I know dislike illegals.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:23 AM

408 posts, read 628,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
They are bankrupting hospitals, schools and towns. Most of the towns are now filled with violent crime. YES they are taking jobs away from blacks AND whites and "legal" immigrants that are in the U.S. The only ones they aren't taking jobs from are the ones sitting on their butt, too lazy to work and collecting welfare.
Actually you have to be an American citizen to collect welfare, because of the fact that you have to have a valid I.D. and social security card (number). So that argument can just go out the window.

I have been reading this thread and I think we need to maintain low tones
I hear and understand that some say this is not a racial issue but...the OP was asking from a race perspective. I am mixed and I have a so-so opinion on the subject. Not ALL of illegals are bad, or take jobs or commiting crime, they just want something better than what is waiting for them back home. Wasn't that the whole point of founding the U.S. But, I can also see the argument of Hispanic gangs (mostly illegal) targeting blacks and black gangs. If the gangs want to wipe each other out then I am all for it (that sounds horrible but so be it) but I am not ok with innocents being attacked. This is a federal issue that cannot somehow be solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or