Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:18 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
Who calls you rascist crittersitter?
You've never seen those European Racists Go Home posters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 05:19 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
I hear a lot of white people who dislike illegals because they think there going to take there children and shoot up there house and stuff.
Huh?

Old 02-22-2008, 05:33 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Anyone who is illegally in the USA is breaking the law. Unless you like to support law breakers and think there's nothing wrong with breaking US immigration laws.

The operative word is "illegal".

Old 02-22-2008, 05:45 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Anyone who is illegally in the USA is breaking the law. Unless you like to support law breakers and think there's nothing wrong with breaking US immigration laws.

It's only a felony if they are deported once and come back in.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:47 PM

762 posts, read 1,596,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Im not supporting them

Old 02-23-2008, 02:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
I think it depends on the part of country -- if there are many illegals or few.

It seems to me that whites and blacks are pretty much the same -- if they benefit by hiring cheap illegal labor, then they are for open borders, if they see their neigbhorhoods turning into Spanish speaking gang infested barrios, they are more against it.

Blacks who pay taxes are not so different from whites or hispanics who pay taxes and many don't like to the millions of indigent people filling up our hospitals and schools, and many blacks are not happy to find their children will not be hired because they aren't fluent native speakers of Mexican Spanish.

I know of hispanics who are angry about massive illegal immigration. One guy I know lost his job as a social worker because the clients didn't like they way he spoke Spanish --- he spoke Spanish but not the way they wanted to hear it. And I know hispanics whose children had to be put on medicine because of tuberculosis brought into their school by illegals. They were not pleased in the least -- just as whites or blacks would not be pleased.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it depends on the part of country -- if there are many illegals or few.

It seems to me that whites and blacks are pretty much the same -- if they benefit by hiring cheap illegal labor, then they are for open borders, if they see their neigbhorhoods turning into Spanish speaking gang infested barrios, they are more against it.

Blacks who pay taxes are not so different from whites or hispanics who pay taxes and many don't like to the millions of indigent people filling up our hospitals and schools, and many blacks are not happy to find their children will not be hired because they aren't fluent native speakers of Mexican Spanish.

I know of hispanics who are angry about massive illegal immigration. One guy I know lost his job as a social worker because the clients didn't like they way he spoke Spanish --- he spoke Spanish but not the way they wanted to hear it. And I know hispanics whose children had to be put on medicine because of tuberculosis brought into their school by illegals. They were not pleased in the least -- just as whites or blacks would not be pleased.
I know a great number of Mexican-Americans of widely-varying "time in the US"...from those who've personally immigrated here (in some cases, originally illegally), to those whose PARENTS came, all the way to those whose families have been here since before it was part of the US.

VERY few of these folks, once they've 'assimilated' (which means vitually ALL Mexican-Americans) have much sympathy for illegal immigrants. I've known many illegals myself, mostly very 'likable' people---but that doesn't mean the practice itself can be condoned.

THe majority of Mexican-Americans feel SOME kinship culturally, and obviously hate to see the illegals smeared by racists...yet at the same time they know FULL WELL that the illegals are AT LEAST as big a threat to Mexican-Americans as they are to anyone else...and in addition, they help give a 'bad name' to the Mexican-American population itself, because uninformed people will continue to "lump them together' in their minds. Mexican-Americans are quick to point out how insulting it is when they are simply ASSUMED to be sympathetic to illegals, for ethnic reasons. Most "pro-illegals" in MY experience aren't Mexican-American working people...they're liberal, educated 'whites', many of them very affluent....who find illegals 'colorful' and 'interesting', an attitude made much easier, because there is virtually NO possibility they will ever be COMPETING against each other.

These are all broad generalizations, of COURSE...but it's NEVER correct to assume that illegals are warmly 'welcomed' by the Mexican-American community. Many are QUITE upset at the 'pushy' attitude of today's "new" illegals, so different from in the 'old days'. I myself feel compassion for them as human beings, but NO compassion for the continued practice of immigrating here illegally. It has to stop.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:14 PM

407 posts, read 800,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
It's only a felony if they are deported once and come back in.
Don't forget all of the felonies they comitt while being in this country illegally. That makes them all felons no matter how you want to make it look like they are poor little people who only want to work. To work they break felonies. PERIOD!!!!!

Old 02-23-2008, 04:17 PM

754 posts, read 1,449,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't believe there has ever been a case in which it can be proven that a black person dislikes illegals. Most blacks welcome illegals, realizing the huge economic benefits they bring. There was ONE guy in a small town in Iowa, who CLAIMED to be black, and SWORE he disliked illegals...but when officials investigated, they found he was only a very dark white guy.
So I'd have to say no, there are NO black people who dislike illegals. You can look this up in any World Almanac.....
I've read this a few times and I can't tell if you're serious or not. If you're being sarcastic ok you got me. Well you have to be, because there's no way you can be serious making this statement.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:41 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyinLa View Post
I've read this a few times and I can't tell if you're serious or not. If you're being sarcastic ok you got me. Well you have to be, because there's no way you can be serious making this statement.
Guilty--sarcastic (I even used my "smiley face").....you 'busted' me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration