U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:28 PM

313 posts, read 610,176 times

Advertisements

If I owned housing in Chicago I would NOT rent to "Ghetto blacks" middle class would be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 PM

217 posts, read 686,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This person rents to illegals he says because they pay their bills on time. Hmmm... that must mean they're working the jobs that "Americans won't do"... hmmm

Interesting.

I hope the feds confiscate your property.
Hmmm...Put yourself in his shoes. If you owned a grocery store and 50% of your customer base was illegal immigrants would you refuse their money? I say no. You would welcome it, especially when the store is patronized by whites or blacks as well.

Are these illegal immigrants or migrant laborers?
The reason illegals pay their bills on time is really simple - they are under the wire and little notice is paid to them.
Blacks can't pay their bills on a timely fashion for WHAT reason? No jobs?

How many jobs do you think are actually lost to illegals? Enough to cripple the entirety of the black economy? This merely demonstrates lack of motive by those seeking employment. Maybe this is why blacks can't pay their rent on time...illegals have all the jobs? Who do you think an employer would trully prefer to hire>

"Illegal immigrant" is as wrong as "gangster."
The north and south American continents were claimed by Illegal immigrants years ago.
Al Capone and Bonnie&Clyde were gangsters that are basically folk heroes in movies. The Godfather? How about Scarface?
A half dozen black kids in DC with guns are horrible gangsters yet there is no fanfare for them.
Batman would not exist if there were no gangsters.

As far as property confiscation - you are subject to eminent domain at any time.
Both are highly illegal yet WE,THE PEOPLE turn a blind eye to it.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurama93 View Post
What is the point of trying to get him arrested. Geez get a life
How about you getting a life??

This humboldt individual is bragging about breaking the law------he deserves what he gets!

Face it: ever since those idiots flew the Mexican flag at their so-called illegal immigrants 'rights' 2 years ago; us Americans are pissed-------to be polite.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 PM

2,686 posts, read 6,832,839 times
Fishfister,

I appreciate your response but believe much of the glamour of gangsters comes from hollywood and urban and rural folklore. Dying in a bloody gun battle in the case of Bonnie and Clyde and syphilis in the case of capone are not the ways I would want to go out.

But getting back to topic, I am not thrilled about my taxes going toward those working here illegally but would much rather see those dollars go towards those who choose to work vs those who do not. Anyone who wants to work hard can, but they have to want to. They may not be the best jobs but at least they are earning a wage. With govt aid we are telling people not to work. To say that mexicans are taking our jobs to me is silly. We could do those jobs if we were willing to work for minimum wage with no benefits under crappy conditions. If we don't want those jobs, we should seek to improve ourselves thru education. It may not be easy but those truly have drive and want suceed, regardless of race or background will suceed though it is obviously easier for some than others.

Those with college are not nearly affected as those without. If someone who cannot speak english can do my job for a lessor wage, I am not adding much value to my employer. Those with skills will find work, though this may be changing with the emergence of the computer economy in India where they speak the language and have computer knowledge for a tenth of what it costs for programmers domestically. In short, gain valuable skills to stay ahead of the curve so that you don't end up the next victim of globalization.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 PM

20,005 posts, read 67,976,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
I get tired of the "they are just good, hard working people" and "they are just trying to make a better life for their familys argument". The truth is, illegals are taking away from American familys who should be our first priority. Breaking the law and stealing people's identitys is not o.k. in my book.
Absolutely.

ICE, you reading this?

Old 02-22-2008, 10:10 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,437,255 times
IMHO
friend, your beliefs are your own
however, you need a property manager very badly and to separate
your business and your personal beliefs asap.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:38 PM

2,686 posts, read 6,832,839 times
Technically, I don't know if those who rent from me are illegal nor do I want to due to the liability even with everything in LLCs. I am not stupid, however and have been very upfront with those on this board. I am not looking to insult anyone's intelligence and will tell it as it is. Chicago has 2.8MM people, of which 1MM are hispanic, mostly mexican. Of these, 450M are illegal. Little wonder given the numbers that Chicago is a sanctuart city where the city employees including police are not permitted to ask residency status.

It sounds great to deport all these people but does anyone really think this is possible. politically, this is not possible especially in cases where they have kids here. If you create problems like the lady did here in humboldt park last year in the church you will force the govt' hand. She was an illegal working at ohare airport. Usually, though if you work your minimum wage job and maintain a meager existence without physically harming those around you the govt will leave you alone. If the govt had wanted to they could have arrested those people with their mexican flags that infuriated some on this board, but guess what they didn't want the trouble.

For the most part if the illegals do the work we don't want to and don't cause too much trouble we leave them alone.

I don't like paying for their health bills as I have insurance and pay into the system, essentially subsidizing them and the others without insurance. While this doesn't thrill me to pay I tend to support helping people so long as they are trying. Those who refuse to join the workface are in my mind a bigger waste of my tax dollars, regardless of where they were born.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:45 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,454,903 times
Employers should have to pay what the market for labor demands. By allowing cheap labor to flood the market we exploit those workers while at the same time driving down wages for all Americans

including you humbolt

Old 02-22-2008, 10:47 PM

2,257 posts, read 3,454,903 times
We dont have to deport them. When we arrest the landlords that house them, and the employers who employ them, they will be forced to go home on their own.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:01 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,160,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
We dont have to deport them. When we arrest the landlords that house them, and the employers who employ them, they will be forced to go home on their own.

Not so sure about the landlord since most landlords only do credit checks. But I agree with everything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration