Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 07:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Bottom line:

Illegal immigrants and their enablers need to be locked up.

NOTE: I am referring to people here illegally for economic reasons--------political refugees are a different situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 08:09 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Once again, here goes---ALL crime by illegals is "extra" crime, which we wouldn't have to DEAL with if the illegals weren't here. I know very well that MOST illegals are decent people. That's not the point. I'll even concede that the vast community of illegals, taken as a whole, may very well be MORE law abiding than many segments of the American public....I frankly don't know, and don't care. The PROBLEM is, they're not "supposed" to be here, and neither are their CRIMES...even if those crimes are RARE.

Once again, for the thirteenth time, it's as if YOU (the reader) had a sloppy, disrespectful, lazy, rebellious teenager. You'd HAVE to deal with him, like it or not. He's YOUR kid. But if the NEIGHBOR kid came over and 'acted bad', you would NOT be responsible for HIM...you'd send him HOME....EVEN if he was "nicer" than your OWN kid..GET IT....

Your kid--"his kid"..DIFFERENT !! Our rapist--THEIR rapist-- "TWO DIFFERENT THINGS".!!..

For any males out there that don't see the point, I'll make you a deal. Take the WORST month you've ever had with your wife overspending on your credit card....Now, I'll send MY wife over to run up charges on YOUR credit card..then YOU tell me if there's any difference in paying for either of these two separate bills...(I'll promise to have MY wife charge slightly less than YOUR wife...as long as you agree to be responsible for BOTH...OK?)

Thanks for listening. Undoubtedly I'll be posting this again many times, so if you don't 'get' it, just stay tuned...

Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And your evidence of this is?

Ken
Here'a a look at some of the Rand Corp. Board of Trustees...

Quote:
Vice Chairman Frank C. Carlucci - former Chairman of the Carlyle Group; former Secretary of Defense (1987-1989); former National Security Advisor (1986-1987); former Deputy Director of CIA (1978-1981) Member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Geithner, Timothy F. - President of Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Hauser, Rita E. - President of The Hauser Foundation; former partner and counsel of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan. Member of the Council on Foreign Relations

House, Karen Elliott - former Publisher of Wall Street Journal. Member of the Council on Foreign Relations

Huang, Yanzhong - Member of the Council on foreign Relations.

Paul G. Kaminski - see link Paul G. Kaminski - SourceWatch

Olson, Ronald L. - a senior partner at Munger, Tolles and Olson. Member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Paul H. O'Neill - Former Secretary of the Treasury - Trustee, American Enterprise Institute -Trustee, Council for Excellence in Government - Member, Policy Committee, Business Roundtable - Board of directors, the Business Council - Board of directors, the Conference Board

Michael K. Powell - Son of Colin L. Powell (Gen.) - former Secretary of State (2001-2005); former Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff (1989-1993). Member of the Council on Foreign Relations

Donald Rice - Member of the Council on Foreign Relations

James Thomson - Member of the Council on Foreign Relations

Marta Tienda - sociology professor at Princeton University. Member of the Council on foreign Relations

Harold Brown - former Secretary of Defense (1977-1981) Member of the Council on Foreign Relations
There are a few others with possible familial ties to the CFR but getting that information is more time-consuming than I care to invest. If you dont think that the CFR is a globalist, New World Order organization you're not paying attention.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i dont want to measure the problem, i want it to go away.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This is exactly what the Rand corporation was talking about, untested theories being spouted off during immigration debates.

Btw, people on these boards think most illegal immigrants are criminals, rapists, muggers etc. I see it in posts ALL the time, so to say nobody thinks that on here is dishonest.
What I posted was NOT 'untested theories', but demonstrable FACT. Here's a couple of articles for you to educate yourself with. And just for the record you should go back and re-read the thread. The statement made was this: "I just don't think that every illegal immigrant out their is a mugger or a rapist." I don't think that anyone here thinks otherwise.

DUI's culture gap
Latinos in S.J. account for disporportionate amount of arrests

"In 2004 alone, police arrested 4,242 people on DUI charges in San Joaquin County, according to the California Department of Justice. Latinos accounted for 46.8 percent of the arrests but only 33.1 percent of the county's population. In Stockton, 59 percent of the 883 DUI arrestees that year were Latino men, the highest percentage of any city in San Joaquin County.

Experts say cultural reasons contribute to the high percentage of DUI arrests among the Latino population: Mexico has a more-relaxed attitude toward alcohol; immigrants can be confused about U.S. laws; and Mexican workers in the United States often suffer from depression while laboring hundreds of miles from family and friends."

Recordnet.com: DUI's culture gap

Feds Target U.S.-Mexican ID Theft Ring
July 2005

Leaders of a crime organization based in Mexico with branches in cities across the United States have been indicted on charges of fraud, conspiracy, and identity theft, U.S. authorities announced Wednesday. According to authorities, the crime ring specializes in manufacturing fake identification and immigration documents — including counterfeit driver's licenses, Social Security cards, and other documents so sophisticated that only a crime lab can spot them.

The federal indictment names Pedro Castorena-Ibarra of Guadalajara, Mexico as the mastermind of the operation. Authorities say Castorena-Ibarra, who fled an indictment for counterfeiting by a grand jury in Texas in 1995, runs crime cells in dozens of U.S. cities from his Mexican refuge. The new indictment charges him with five counts of fraud and conspiracy.

Rutgers University - Identity Theft Resolution Services - Feds Target U.S.-Mexican ID Theft Ring

MEXICO: Child Sexual Exploitation Fuelled, Protected by Economic Clout
By Adrián Reyes

MEXICO CITY, Jul 27 (IPS) - While the Mexican government is touting the imprisonment of businessman Jean Succar, accused of running a child sex ring, as evidence of its tough stance against child sexual exploitation, authorities also admit that the number of minors subjected to such crimes has increased from 16,000 to 20,000 over the last six years.

Paedophilia and sexual exploitation of minors are not classified as serious offences in almost half of Mexico's 31 states, increasing the likelihood of impunity, according to Ana Rosa Payán, general director of the Office and System of Integral Development for Family Welfare (DIF), created in 1970.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:38 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
What I posted was NOT 'untested theories', but demonstrable FACT. Here's a couple of articles for you to educate yourself with. And just for the record you should go back and re-read the thread. The statement made was this: "I just don't think that every illegal immigrant out their is a mugger or a rapist." I don't think that anyone here thinks otherwise.

DUI's culture gap
Latinos in S.J. account for disporportionate amount of arrests

"In 2004 alone, police arrested 4,242 people on DUI charges in San Joaquin County, according to the California Department of Justice. Latinos accounted for 46.8 percent of the arrests but only 33.1 percent of the county's population. In Stockton, 59 percent of the 883 DUI arrestees that year were Latino men, the highest percentage of any city in San Joaquin County.

Experts say cultural reasons contribute to the high percentage of DUI arrests among the Latino population: Mexico has a more-relaxed attitude toward alcohol; immigrants can be confused about U.S. laws; and Mexican workers in the United States often suffer from depression while laboring hundreds of miles from family and friends."

Recordnet.com: DUI's culture gap

Feds Target U.S.-Mexican ID Theft Ring
July 2005

Leaders of a crime organization based in Mexico with branches in cities across the United States have been indicted on charges of fraud, conspiracy, and identity theft, U.S. authorities announced Wednesday. According to authorities, the crime ring specializes in manufacturing fake identification and immigration documents — including counterfeit driver's licenses, Social Security cards, and other documents so sophisticated that only a crime lab can spot them.

The federal indictment names Pedro Castorena-Ibarra of Guadalajara, Mexico as the mastermind of the operation. Authorities say Castorena-Ibarra, who fled an indictment for counterfeiting by a grand jury in Texas in 1995, runs crime cells in dozens of U.S. cities from his Mexican refuge. The new indictment charges him with five counts of fraud and conspiracy.

Rutgers University - Identity Theft Resolution Services - Feds Target U.S.-Mexican ID Theft Ring

By Adrián Reyes

MEXICO CITY, Jul 27 (IPS) - While the Mexican government is touting the imprisonment of businessman Jean Succar, accused of running a child sex ring, as evidence of its tough stance against child sexual exploitation, authorities also admit that the number of minors subjected to such crimes has increased from 16,000 to 20,000 over the last six years.

Paedophilia and sexual exploitation of minors are not classified as serious offences in almost half of Mexico's 31 states, increasing the likelihood of impunity, according to Ana Rosa Payán, general director of the Office and System of Integral Development for Family Welfare (DIF), created in 1970.

So i guess you are refering to just the mexican illegal immigrants.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So i guess you are refering to just the mexican illegal immigrants.
The DUI statistics referenced Latinos, not Mexicans.

The identity theft statement I made referenced Mexican crime families.

I admit the child sex abuse study focused on Mexicans, I couldn't find one that covered a wider array of illegal aliens.

But since Mexicans DO make up the overwhelming majority of illegal aliens it seems rational to me to focus on them. I take it you have issues with that??

Old 02-25-2008, 11:15 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
And so I guess you think that they should stay here anyhow because they don't pose a risk according to this survey. The risk comes when they have 5 kids and put them in public schools, take them to emergency rooms for treatment, and get food stamps and other social welfare. That's a direct threat to the American public.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:57 PM

I've been hoping that Lord Balfor would come back and discuss the agenda of the Rand corporation, but it seems he has nothing left to say...

Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I've been hoping that Lord Balfor would come back and discuss the agenda of the Rand corporation, but it seems he has nothing left to say...
Actually, what I have to say is that they all seem like pretty smart and well-qualified people to me - smart enough so that I would certainly trust their opinions and advice more than yours.

As mentioned, the RAND Corporation is probably the most respected research organization in the country (maybe on earth) - and it lives or dies by it's repution, so they're not going to doctor a minor study to further any so-called agenda.

And as far as globalism goes... well it's coming, whether you like it not...

...and it doesn't bother me one bit.

Will it have a purely American face?
No, of course not.
But it will have a mostly American one.

Will it occur overnight?
Not at all.
But it will happen - maybe by the end of the century, maybe in the next one. The fact is, in the long run the world is becoming all intertwined. It's not through any nefarious plan (no matter what those folks with their aluminum foil hats may say) but rather through natural organic growth of trade and the interconnecting of communications.

My take (written just after 9-11). Make if it what you will.

Epinions.com - Personal thoughts on the WTC, Alien Civilizations and the coming Brave New World

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration