U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:50 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,156,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Now, explain to us why we should allow them to stay.
I never stated why they should stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 11:05 AM

418 posts, read 264,488 times
Okay, this thread obviously doesn't have a lot lot of integrity I see. How would they be bringing generations of poverty with them? Let's think about this. As I said on other threads, ''jus soli.'' It means birth citizenship. That's what we got in this country. How is poverty prevented? The American government.
Because the media (which does the dirty work for the government) is able to convince the populace of unintellectual America that they have ''minority status'', social programs are easier created. The best example of this is Financial AID. If you're born in the United States, attend the same public schools as everyone else (which aren't always so bad) and English is your primary language and you may not even fluently know Spanish - why would those first-generation Americans subject themselves to poverty? This isn't the nineteenth century. You can do 80 years worth of work in 20.
That ''illegal'' status washes away. The only ones who are illegal are the ones who actually did it. With all due respect to those European-Americans who have such a distaste for these illegal immigrants who don't see it the same way, what makes you believe your ancestors came so legally? Although my grandmother isn't very ''anti-illegal'' - she gives that most annoying answer. That answer is: It was different in that day.
Was it really? I'm sure Italian immigrants had it much worse than other Europeans in that regard, but do you think all Euro-American ancestors came legally? I doubt it. The thing is no one really cared, just like how people didn't in the 70's and 80's with Mexican immigrants. Back than, they didn't pamper immigrants (especially Italians) like they do Mexicans - but acquiring legal status and citizenship was a much easier process. Still though, not everyone did and stereotypes began to develop (i.e. inappropriate term for Italian immigrant - *** - without paper). Do we all remember that in 2008 though? Just like how all of you call illegal Mexican immigrants ''illegals'' is how they Italians were called ''WOPS'' and you'll all forget. I agree that there will be a continual rate, but those who follow ''jus soli'' fade away - and others take the reigns. That's how it works.
The descendants of those illegal immigrants will fade into the status quo of the whites of what ever respective area they're in. If their in a poor part of southern Texas, that's exactly what they'll be. If they're in a liberal wealthy part of southern California, that's where they'll be. In major cities like Chicago and Los Angeles, they may stay working-class - but at similar percentages to what Euro-Americans are doing. You may not see this immediately in the first-generation, but it'll be true by the second. What makes them any different than European-Americans? For those who ''look different'', does ''looking different'' equate to a different salary? No.
There will be generation of poor inner-city African-Americans though. And generations of poor white trash. That's because the government likes to groom new citizens and give up on others. They feel it's better to let our trash rot in hell and get a fresh start. There will be no such thing as being Mexican the day you are born in the United States and most will lose all (including the language and foreign ties) when their parents are born here too. Mexicans are the white immigrants of the 21st century - regardless of race within Mexico. Blame your government for choosing them and neglecting impoverished blacks, because they'll be the ones suffering.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:21 PM

157 posts, read 276,837 times
Cool Logic

FIRST OF ALL. THERE WAS NO "SNEAKING IN" Immigrants came from around the globe. ALL WELCOME. This INVASION is of people their own government don't even want. People "SNEAKING" across the border like reptiles. Making all kinds of excuses to come here. Here is a good one, "I HAD TO LEAVE IT WAS SOOOOO BAD I LEFT MY BAMBINO" BUT, it was way too bad for "ME"! BULL &*^(#!!! No Mother would leave their kid in such a mess!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:42 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc0127 View Post
There will be generation of poor inner-city African-Americans though. And generations of poor white trash.
Do you even realize how bigoted you are?

Old 02-27-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Do you even realize how bigoted you are?
How am I bigoted? Because I said there will be generations of impoverished inner-city African-Americans that is highly linked to the fact that the U.S. government doesn't want to help Democratize and assimilate them instead of illegal immigrant? Or because I said that ''white trash'' will not advance. I'm white. If I was to slap myself in the face, that doesn't make me a bigot lol And although I'm not apart of the ''trash'' categorization, I really doubt saying trash would sound so personal. Would you rather me say poor whites who are neglected too? If it makes you feel any better, think of me as a comedian - than you won't take it so ''personal.''

Old 02-27-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGIC View Post
FIRST OF ALL. THERE WAS NO "SNEAKING IN" Immigrants came from around the globe. ALL WELCOME. This INVASION is of people their own government don't even want. People "SNEAKING" across the border like reptiles. Making all kinds of excuses to come here. Here is a good one, "I HAD TO LEAVE IT WAS SOOOOO BAD I LEFT MY BAMBINO" BUT, it was way too bad for "ME"! BULL &*^(#!!! No Mother would leave their kid in such a mess!!!!
''FIRST OF ALL. THERE WAS NO "SNEAKING IN" Immigrants came from around the globe. ALL WELCOME. This INVASION is of people their own government don't even want.''

You're right. The only people who ''snuck in'' were Mexican illegal immigrants. Even many of the illegal Mexican immigrants have acquired illegal status through the same measures other illegal immigrants run into globally - which is overstaying visas. The only other group that would have physical access to ''sneaking in'' would be Canadians. They aren't sneaking in to our country. If anything, we should be sneaking in there - especially for better medical care lol The only other group that ever experienced something similar in the post-WWII era was Cubans coming to the United States, although once they come onto our shores they're legalized. Not too many do that anymore though, because although rights are limited in Cuba - life isn't so bad. And if they did want to immigrate to other countries, they're much more cooperative with other countries - particularly Spain.

If the government didn't want these people here, they could stop them. They could crack down. They could double the amount of border patrol staff. Hell, they could take every border patrolmen on the American-Canadian border and put them on the American-Mexican border until it stabilizes. I doubt shutting down a few checkpoint zones would kill anyone. Plus, I'm sure Canada has enough people to compensate and understand for our poor border protection.

They'll tell you our government doesn't want them because it wouldn't sound good to say we want illegal immigrants. The government is crafty though. They know ''jus soli'' dictates that their children will be as American as pie. That's the whole goal. Taking illegal immigrants in for the American point of view is like a punch in the arm. It leaves a bruise, but it goes away - just like their children will be legal. However, American citizens who have been here long before those immigrants arrived will sure be feeling the bruises from an over-populated society. And African-Americans who's ancestors never voluntarily immigrated to this country will continue to suffer non-assimilative economic poverty also equating to social polarization. My point is that no good is coming out of illegal immigration, but our government obviously promotes and likes it. To them, it helps keep our military populated and expands our population and economy - which probably will come back to bite.

No excuse is good. Illegal Mexican immigrants come hear for economic reasoning. Their here to provide better lives economically and health-wise for their children. It's a smart decision. I really doubt any immigrant nowadays regardless of wear their from sees it a whole lot differently. No one gets caught up in the mirage of the ''American dream.'' This is a modern place to get educated and make money. When they come here in the beginning, it's not because they think America's the answer - but rather than Mexico isn't giving them anything. If they had enough confidence to get educated into their not completely Democratized society, than they would have climbed the ladder here. In this country though, it's just about capable for anyone to do.

We're become no different than Australia, Jamaica or any other English-speaking country that is modern - yet not economically and intellectually advanced anymore. We got freedom, but others got more. We have power, and so do other countries - but we abuse it. It's that simple. However, if you're apart of the lowest of Mexico - America still seems like a rainbow, especially economically. Similarly to how most Mexican immigrants come from the most impoverished rural areas in Mexico and could never climb the ladder there is how inner-city African-Americans are here. I guarantee you if those inner-city African-Americans moved to a new country - like Canada (which some did before and post Civil War) - they'd assimilate, Democratize and live like equal human-beings economically.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:23 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
''FIRST OF ALL. THERE WAS NO "SNEAKING IN" Immigrants came from around the globe. ALL WELCOME. This INVASION is of people their own government don't even want.''

You're right. The only people who ''snuck in'' were Mexican illegal immigrants. Even many of the illegal Mexican immigrants have acquired illegal status through the same measures other illegal immigrants run into globally - which is overstaying visas. The only other group that would have physical access to ''sneaking in'' would be Canadians. They aren't sneaking in to our country. If anything, we should be sneaking in there - especially for better medical care lol The only other group that ever experienced something similar in the post-WWII era was Cubans coming to the United States, although once they come onto our shores they're legalized. Not too many do that anymore though, because although rights are limited in Cuba - life isn't so bad. And if they did want to immigrate to other countries, they're much more cooperative with other countries - particularly Spain.

If the government didn't want these people here, they could stop them. They could crack down. They could double the amount of border patrol staff. Hell, they could take every border patrolmen on the American-Canadian border and put them on the American-Mexican border until it stabilizes. I doubt shutting down a few checkpoint zones would kill anyone. Plus, I'm sure Canada has enough people to compensate and understand for our poor border protection.

They'll tell you our government doesn't want them because it wouldn't sound good to say we want illegal immigrants. The government is crafty though. They know ''jus soli'' dictates that their children will be as American as pie. That's the whole goal. Taking illegal immigrants in for the American point of view is like a punch in the arm. It leaves a bruise, but it goes away - just like their children will be legal. However, American citizens who have been here long before those immigrants arrived will sure be feeling the bruises from an over-populated society. And African-Americans who's ancestors never voluntarily immigrated to this country will continue to suffer non-assimilative economic poverty also equating to social polarization. My point is that no good is coming out of illegal immigration, but our government obviously promotes and likes it. To them, it helps keep our military populated and expands our population and economy - which probably will come back to bite.

No excuse is good. Illegal Mexican immigrants come hear for economic reasoning. Their here to provide better lives economically and health-wise for their children. It's a smart decision. I really doubt any immigrant nowadays regardless of wear their from sees it a whole lot differently. No one gets caught up in the mirage of the ''American dream.'' This is a modern place to get educated and make money. When they come here in the beginning, it's not because they think America's the answer - but rather than Mexico isn't giving them anything. If they had enough confidence to get educated into their not completely Democratized society, than they would have climbed the ladder here. In this country though, it's just about capable for anyone to do.

We're become no different than Australia, Jamaica or any other English-speaking country that is modern - yet not economically and intellectually advanced anymore. We got freedom, but others got more. We have power, and so do other countries - but we abuse it. It's that simple. However, if you're apart of the lowest of Mexico - America still seems like a rainbow, especially economically. Similarly to how most Mexican immigrants come from the most impoverished rural areas in Mexico and could never climb the ladder there is how inner-city African-Americans are here. I guarantee you if those inner-city African-Americans moved to a new country - like Canada (which some did before and post Civil War) - they'd assimilate, Democratize and live like equal human-beings economically.
Man, I get SO TIRED of reading your discombobulating BS, I think your main goal here is to see how many words an hour you can type. You ramble on to the point of total delirium, and then expect all us peons to worship your great command of logical thought. Unfortunately, logic is the one commodity your thoughts seem to lack. Verbosity, self-importance and the firm belief in your own delusions definitely outweigh anything else you have tried to say, and I've gotten to the point that seeing your posts, I can't scroll south rapidly enough to avoid feelings of self-flagellation.

Begone, and abuse us no longer....

Old 02-27-2008, 07:51 PM

''Man, I get SO TIRED of reading your discombobulating BS,''

If that's how you feel about my post - than don't read or respond to them.

''You ramble on to the point of total delirium, and then expect all us peons to worship your great command of logical thought.''

Peons? Why are people on here using words that are never spoken in every day English in this country? I was going to say the same thing to Simpleman. Thesaurus is a good resource, but it doesn't mean you should use it that frequently. I don't expect anyone to ''worship'' what I say. What I'm saying is what you guys already know.

Just take a look at the title of this thread for yourself. It's ignorance. Who ever created this thread is skewed into believing illegal aliens are inhumane before anything ever started. Even if they don't like them though, is it appropriate to lie? It's not as if he even described his theories for why he believes illegal immigrants bring generations of poverty with them. He makes a vague statement and the sheep follow. Sorry for bringing a little common sense to the table.

He should have thrown a question mark at the end of that statement. Because it's not true. If you're born in the United States, you literally have no legal connection to the illegal immigrant. You'd receive the same education as anyone else, have financial aid and god knows what else. Even if that wasn't all true for the first generation - he said ''Generations.'' That s denotes that it would carry over to grandparents and great-grandparents. This is 2008. That isn't going to happen and that's why I described to all of you not to believe any of this crap.

Now, I just can't wait for the sheep come behind you and say ''well said'' or ''thank you for someone telling him off'' or ''i'll vote for that.'' Maybe instead, they should come up with their own ideas so they don't have to believe vague ignorance like the title of this thread.

''Verbosity, self-importance and the firm belief in your own delusions definitely outweigh anything else you have tried to say, ''

I'm sorry - but your opinion is little value to myself. Plenty on here have actually appreciated my posts. They've told me so. Some have also not liked it. It usually are those who disagree with me. What do you think I should expect though? My position on all of these boards is not under majority rule. The people who are most interested in coming onto illegal immigration boards are not so educated, semi-rural ''European-Americans'' who despise illegal immigrants because it makes them feel more important. Not for nothing, but most people on these threads aren't liberal, aren't my age and probably not from New Jersey or New York - so it doesn't surprise me.

''Begone, and abuse us no longer....''

Too bad. I'll begone when conservative white semi-rural losers decide to either get a life and not spread ignorance and use their brains and common sense before they speak.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:15 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
''Begone, and abuse us no longer....''

Too bad. I'll begone when conservative white semi-rural losers decide to either get a life and not spread ignorance and use their brains and common sense before they speak.
I've chosen to ignore the rest of your post because it is nothing more than the 15th echo of things you have written before, and those things have been argued ad infinitum without closure. I've chosen to respond to your last sentence because it illustrates EXACTLY why your opinion carries little to no weight with people who are intelligent enough to read beyond the forced hyperbole.

You've decided, quite unintelligently, to classify those who disagree with you as "white semi-rural losers", sans commas, exemplifying your ignorance and your willingness to generalize, without any regard to the independent verification of the truth. You really have no idea what color I am(as if it made a whit of difference) nor do you know whether I possess either a life or any form of intelligence. I'll give you credit for this much, I AM conservative.

It's really sad, but self-loathing people like you are the product of a screwed up educational system that has to have a bogeyman to blame the world's problems on. It's been promoted and extolled by people who wouldn't really know a day's hard work unless they were forced to perform it at the point of a gun. Typical liberal bull****, in other words.

Your sanctimonious attitude about the superiority of NY/NJ is laughable, and proof of your delusional state, at best. What exactly makes the area of your residence so much better than the rest of the country, anyway? Can you be specific, or is it just something that makes you feel good? Regardless, it's a clear example of your need for psychological counseling and possibly some peer intervention. I believe soft restraints would be appropriate, unless of course you choose to be combative. Your screeds in this forum might lend some credence to the latter option, we wouldn't want innocent bystanders to get hurt, you know.

Good luck to you in your recovery, I hope for all our sakes that it is swift and complete. If not, we'll continue to tolerate your rantings, after all a grain of salt carries MUCH more weight.

Peace.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:00 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I've chosen to ignore the rest of your post because it is nothing more than the 15th echo of things you have written before, and those things have been argued ad infinitum without closure. I've chosen to respond to your last sentence because it illustrates EXACTLY why your opinion carries little to no weight with people who are intelligent enough to read beyond the forced hyperbole.

You've decided, quite unintelligently, to classify those who disagree with you as "white semi-rural losers", sans commas, exemplifying your ignorance and your willingness to generalize, without any regard to the independent verification of the truth. You really have no idea what color I am(as if it made a whit of difference) nor do you know whether I possess either a life or any form of intelligence. I'll give you credit for this much, I AM conservative.

It's really sad, but self-loathing people like you are the product of a screwed up educational system that has to have a bogeyman to blame the world's problems on. It's been promoted and extolled by people who wouldn't really know a day's hard work unless they were forced to perform it at the point of a gun. Typical liberal bull****, in other words.

Your sanctimonious attitude about the superiority of NY/NJ is laughable, and proof of your delusional state, at best. What exactly makes the area of your residence so much better than the rest of the country, anyway? Can you be specific, or is it just something that makes you feel good? Regardless, it's a clear example of your need for psychological counseling and possibly some peer intervention. I believe soft restraints would be appropriate, unless of course you choose to be combative. Your screeds in this forum might lend some credence to the latter option, we wouldn't want innocent bystanders to get hurt, you know.

Good luck to you in your recovery, I hope for all our sakes that it is swift and complete. If not, we'll continue to tolerate your rantings, after all a grain of salt carries MUCH more weight.

Peace.
Consider the source.

Verbose yet hardly eloquent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or