Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 06:37 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times

Advertisements

California Democrats requesting federal waiver to expand Medicaid to illegals.

California Dems Push For Obamacare For Illegals | The Daily Caller

Wow, 72 percent of California households come from mixed-status households according to a California politician. I assume she was intended to say households with children.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/heal...ayers-billions

This study showed if they expanded it by 390,000 illegals the cost would come to 2 billion dollars yearly according to the study.

But according to this article there well over 2 million illegals in California that could be covered if the waiver is approved.

Having been to California many times I heavily doubt the number of illegals immigrants is that low.

Illegal Immigration Statistics in California
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 06:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
I don't know what it's gonna take for the fools running Calif to wake up before it's too late.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't know what it's gonna take for the fools running Calif to wake up before it's too late.
Voting Kevin De Leon of L.A. and Ricardo Lara of Long Beach out of office, or recalling them. So few people vote in L.A. County that it would not take that many signatures to get a recall on the ballot.

Or the feds cutting off money to sanctuary cities although I think L.A. and S.F. would continue being sanctuary cities even if it meant no money from the feds. Many other CA cities wouldn't.

It's stuff like this that might make me vote for Trump even though I hate his guts. As awful as he is at least he's right on a few things.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:51 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
I California chooses to by Pass Federal Law on Immigration , Us the tax payers should not have to pay for CA, Policy decisions.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:43 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,454,794 times
There's an old--but true--statement. "So goes California, there goes the country."

If this goes through, it will be the foot in the door to make it law nationwide. I would assume both Obama and Hillary would approve it--they so dearly love the illegals over the citizens.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:35 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
This is wrong and California should take reasonability of this not the Gov. What gives the right to rewrite laws and choose to follow the ones that suits them.

A bunch of knuckleheads!

Old 10-15-2016, 03:03 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
There's an old--but true--statement. "So goes California, there goes the country."

If this goes through, it will be the foot in the door to make it law nationwide. I would assume both Obama and Hillary would approve it--they so dearly love the illegals over the citizens.
I think this trend is no longer true. Forcing Americans to subsidize illegal aliens' health insurance will be a bridge too far in other states, where the illegal population is not as catered to and entrenched as California.

Old 10-15-2016, 03:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I think this trend is no longer true. Forcing Americans to subsidize illegal aliens' health insurance will be a bridge too far in other states, where the illegal population is not as catered to and entrenched as California.
I kinda get that feeling, too; since some many people have LEFT Calif to get away from Brown, Pelosi and so on.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:43 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Can't wait till trump wins and cuts off the federal funding to all sanctuary cities . Let them grobble in their own illegal nonsense .

Old 10-21-2016, 12:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I kinda get that feeling, too; since some many people have LEFT Calif to get away from Brown, Pelosi and so on.
They still vote the same way in other states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration