U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 07:09 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,257,460 times

Advertisements

The biggest argument for amnesty is that the illegals are doing jobs Americans won't do. My question is; once they all are legalized and become Americans, why would they continue to do those jobs? They, then will be taking jobs Americans will do, and require a whole new wave of illegals to do those ****ty jobs again. This system we got has gotta change. The President and Capitalists use the term "pro growth" as code word for more and more and more people as the only way to grow our economy. What's wrong with a steady state economy, and cheap labor won't always be around, so then what, robots? We won't have enough people around doing the crappy job of assembling the robots, so then we'll have robots making robots and that's where it gets dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 07:35 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,160,565 times
This is a question I asked myself-- which is why I am not for amnesty anymore. It doesn't make sense for them to stay at their work place if they can get a better job that is under the minimum wage law.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,043 times
[b] I am agree with you and not just that. Many contractor or " company owner" pay insignifican money to the ilegals. I going to tell you the nationality of the most of them First Italian, Portuguese and then Latinamericans. this happen in Long Island NY. Thanks

Old 11-08-2008, 12:43 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,193,449 times
italians on LI get insignificant pay?

No way NJ has all the poor italians

Yoos guys have all the moneyed mob-up italians

I do not think it is wrong to bring in people to do jobs no one wants, but it has to be controlled

there are only so many undesirable jobs, and I doubt most of the illegals are working those

instead lots of them just stay in their nabes and open up a business

Just drive through an illegal immigrant nabe, you will see

I doubt any gringos own and operate those business, well maybe some are, but a lot are not

now not everyone of those business owners is illegal either

Old 11-08-2008, 12:54 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,633 times
Think of illegal workers as temporary staff employees. Once the work ends time to go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or