Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 05:14 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,199,977 times

Advertisements

This is something I really do hope happens even though I'm more to the left than the right. You end this, you've instantly taken away a huge incentive for illegal immigration. I hope the Republican career politicians and establishment types don't try to block him on this. I think it would require Congress passing something through but who knows, maybe he could do it via an executive action. There needs be something that clarifies and enforces his position at any rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 05:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Ending birthright citizenship and amending/repealing the 1965 Immigration amendments are my top 2 policy changes. I doubt we'll get either though.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:48 PM

10,227 posts, read 6,308,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with Trump. In Europe they don't even have anchor babies. You can be illegally in the country but when a baby gets born they don't get citizenship so the USA should do exactly the same and that will solve a lot of issues.
There is no question when Mommy is herself a born in America Citizen, even if Daddy is an illegal. I saw that a lot working in schools in South Florida. These kids in no way can be Anchor Babies when ONE Parent (Mothers) are citizens. It happens far more you may realize. Do you think don't these men don't know this? It's probably far easier to come into the country alone than dragging along a wife and children. Why do you think they are sending money back home? The men get lonely and have babies with American women, and most likely have wives and children back home.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:57 PM

251 posts, read 168,778 times
Amen to president trump

These people cost Americans more than 160
Million a year in welfare and medical costs, and
collage tuition.

A
Its called the great American ripoff !

Old 11-16-2016, 06:06 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,576,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
This is something I really do hope happens even though I'm more to the left than the right. You end this, you've instantly taken away a huge incentive for illegal immigration. I hope the Republican career politicians and establishment types don't try to block him on this. I think it would require Congress passing something through but who knows, maybe he could do it via an executive action. There needs be something that clarifies and enforces his position at any rate.
It would take a constitutional amendment or revision to the 14th amendment. In addition to probably passing a supreme court challenge.

It is definitely being used in ways it was never intended and should probably be tightened to remove the incentive to come here when your 8 months pregnant. Plenty of other countries already do this

Old 11-16-2016, 06:32 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
At least half the country agrees apparently. I think it's an odd practice myself and don't care if we put a stop to it since the rest of the world has, except Canada.
Actually every single country in North and South America has birthright citizenship, except very few countries, and you can count them with one hand

Old 11-16-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Ending birthright citizenship and amending/repealing the 1965 Immigration amendments are my top 2 policy changes. I doubt we'll get either though.
Better get busy making your dozen Aryan babies then! What are you waiting for?

Old 11-16-2016, 06:45 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,603,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Actually every single country in North and South America has birthright citizenship, except very few countries, and you can count them with one hand
No they don't, not when both parents are in the country illegally.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
No they don't, not when both parents are in the country illegally.
Yes they do. There's only 2 countries in the Americas that don't have birthright citizenship, they are Cuba and Colombia. All the other sovereign nations have it, regardless of parents' nationalities

Old 11-17-2016, 09:00 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
It would take a constitutional amendment or revision to the 14th amendment. In addition to probably passing a supreme court challenge.

It is definitely being used in ways it was never intended and should probably be tightened to remove the incentive to come here when your 8 months pregnant. Plenty of other countries already do this

The 14th amendment just needs to be abolished since there are no living children of slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration