U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 12:38 PM

3,002 posts, read 1,962,296 times

Advertisements

Immigrants come here illegally to find work who gives them the work business's who are willing to break the law by hiring illegal workers pay them lower the min wage, no workers comp insurance. If you removed the ability to hire illegal workers the illegal immigrant would go back home. The US chamber of commerce has worked hard to stop this for years a system called E-Verify was put into place but due to lobbying efforts by Chamber of commerce and others it's not mandatory to use.

A simple change of law would resolve this first mandate E-Verify for every business who hires or contracts someone to work for them this is important because home builders get around this by hiring sub-contractors who are just illegals who hire other illegals to work for them. If someone gets caught not using e-verify penalty is 20% yearly gross income of the business. 2nd time office the owners or officers of the company get 24 months in federal prison.

This will end the problem with illegal immigration. Until those changes are made nothing will change any new programs and amnesty will have no impact it will only bring more here. Companies will continue to hire illegal workers because they want to pay them below min wage to make higher profits.

http://immigrationreform.com/2015/03...effectiveness/

Last edited by kell490; 11-11-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 12:41 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,895,514 times
We have both. That's like saying we don't have a car thief problem we have a chop shop problem.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:43 PM

One is the cause of the other you don't see Americans flocking to Mexico when unemployment went to double digits? Take away the reason for illegals to come here they will go back home.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
One is the cause of the other you don't see Americans flocking to Mexico when unemployment went to double digits? Take away the reason for illegals to come here they will go back home.
You need to take away all the incentives. You also need to hit the illegals where it hurts. We should seize their assets to help offset the cost of their deportations. Take those assets from a few and it will be a race to the border to keep from getting caught.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:49 PM

Illegals should not be able to own property here or operate business's. My mother once ran a business the building she leased was got sold to an illegal who paid 350k cash for it. He made all his money by operating used tire shops he would get tires which were not safe from regular tire shops like firestone and put them back on the road with illegal drivers no insurance behind the wheel.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Illegals should not be able to own property here or operate business's. My mother once ran a business the building she leased was got sold to an illegal who paid 350k cash for it. He made all his money by operating used tire shops he would get tires which were not safe from regular tire shops like firestone and put them back on the road with illegal drivers no insurance behind the wheel.
Agreed. They shouldn't be allowed bank accounts either. Try to open a bank account in another country. Because Obama changed the laws you have to fill out all kinds of paper work that is only for the USA. One wonders why we don't impose restrictions on illegals.

Old 11-11-2016, 12:58 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Immigrants come here illegally to find work who gives them the work business's who are willing to break the law by hiring illegal workers pay them lower the min wage, no workers comp insurance. If you removed the ability to hire illegal workers the illegal immigrant would go back home. The US chamber of commerce has worked hard to stop this for years a system called E-Verify was put into place but due to lobbying efforts by Chamber of commerce and others it's not mandatory to use.

A simple change of law would resolve this first mandate E-Verify for every business who hires or contracts someone to work for them this is important because home builders get around this by hiring sub-contractors who are just illegals who hire other illegals to work for them. If someone gets caught not using e-verify penalty is 20% yearly gross income of the business. 2nd time office the owners or officers of the company get 24 months in federal prison.

This will end the problem with illegal immigration. Until those changes are made nothing will change any new programs and amnesty will have no impact it will only bring more here. Companies will continue to hire illegal workers because they want to pay them below min wage to make higher profits.

Business Interests Seek to Undermine E-Verify’s Effectiveness
l

Yes, jobs are a part of the incentives that bring illegal aliens here and I am all for e-verify to end that problem. However, benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids is another incentive. Remove them all and we will have illegal immigration down to a trickle.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
l

Yes, jobs are a part of the incentives that bring illegal aliens here and I am all for e-verify to end that problem. However, benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids is another incentive. Remove them all and we will have illegal immigration down to a trickle.

Yes but if their parents can't find work they won't come here and reproduce think how long you would last with no money and no work pregnant wife? Your not going to stay.

I saw this first hand back in 2008 I picked up a concrete mixer out of craigslist went to a home I live in Phoenix it turned out to be illegals they had about 10 people in a 1500 sq foot home. They had packed up all their belongs said the housing because of the housing bust they couldn't find work and planned on going back to Mexico. The one who was selling he spoke fairly good English he said he had actually owned a stucco business he sub-contracted with all the big home builders in Phoenix area. Most of our homes built in the last 20 years are stucco finished. He had been out of work for a year and could not pay his rent in fact the mixer I bought for $400 was going to pay his gas to get back to mexico.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:25 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Yes but if their parents can't find work they won't come here and reproduce think how long you would last with no money and no work pregnant wife? Your not going to stay.

I saw this first hand back in 2008 I picked up a concrete mixer out of craigslist went to a home I live in Phoenix it turned out to be illegals they had about 10 people in a 1500 sq foot home. They had packed up all their belongs said the housing because of the housing bust they couldn't find work and planned on going back to Mexico. The one who was selling he spoke fairly good English he said he had actually owned a stucco business he sub-contracted with all the big home builders in Phoenix area. Most of our homes built in the last 20 years are stucco finished. He had been out of work for a year and could not pay his rent in fact the mixer I bought for $400 was going to pay his gas to get back to mexico.
Yes, as a I said jobs do hold them here. However, all they have to do is have a baby or two or more on our soil and they can live off the welfare they get through them.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:39 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, as a I said jobs do hold them here. However, all they have to do is have a baby or two or more on our soil and they can live off the welfare they get through them.
Exactly. At this point in time, there has been so much mechanization of the types of jobs that they were doing that the anchor baby business is booming. Pregnant illegals get maternity care paid for by Medicaid (while we cut services for our disabled and aging citizens), one anchor qualifies them for Section 8 housing and an array of other benefits.

An illegal alien that delivers a baby at taxpayer expense needs both herself and her anchor detained and deported. I have noticed all too often that no father is in the picture - has to do with income to claim welfare. I guess they have an issue with immaculate conception?

Here, illegal aliens have 5 or 6 kids, citizens are having 1 or 2 because they can't afford the cost of daycare, etc. because no one is paying to raise their children. Imagine if someone else had paid to raise your children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or