Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 11:41 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I never said it was the same thing as a 2,000 mile long wall. Calling our newly elected president "silly" is rude IMO. Why not give him a chance to prove himself? He hasn't even officially taken office yet. No, I don't know that the 700 mile long wall won't be built and that Mexico won't at least help pay for it. I don't have a crystal ball. I just hope that it will be built. I don't care what the Neocons are saying they didn't want Trump as president anyway. If the 700 mile long wall weren't feasible then the Secure Fence Act wouldn't have passed through congress. You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree with you that it won't be built.
For the record I called the "fence" silly, not our newly elected POTUS. Just want to make that clear. Look back at my posts and you'll see that. Once again, we'll revisit in four years. It IS just my opinion that a "great wall" won't be built, but my opinion is not merely based on what I want or don't want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 06:38 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
For the record I called the "fence" silly, not our newly elected POTUS. Just want to make that clear. Look back at my posts and you'll see that. Once again, we'll revisit in four years. It IS just my opinion that a "great wall" won't be built, but my opinion is not merely based on what I want or don't want.

I suggest you re-read your post #39 and I quote - "promised by your silly dilly POTUS to be"

Old 11-23-2016, 11:25 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
I suggest you re-read your post #39 and I quote - "promised by your silly dilly POTUS to be"
Damn. You're right. Mea culpa. Was thinking about my "silly fence" post.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:45 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Let's just wait and see who pays or if it even gets built. If he does build the wall it is going to add to the deficit. Let's hear the righties whine then....

Old 12-04-2016, 01:15 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Let's just wait and see who pays or if it even gets built. If he does build the wall it is going to add to the deficit. Let's hear the righties whine then....
I am with you . Our national Defense and Security is more important than dealing with a 3rd world country like Mexico. Besides Mexico will pay for more ways than one.

The US and Mexico always had uneasy relationship going way back!

Old 12-04-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post

It's not going to add to the deficit. Stopping more illegals from coming here will make it pay for itself.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:42 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
It's not going to add to the deficit. Stopping more illegals from coming here will make it pay for itself.
How much do we pay out for the burden of the US Tax Payer?

Old 12-04-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
How much do we pay out for the burden of the US Tax Payer?

Viable sources say $113 billion a year for those illegals already here. Unless we build the wall those costs will increase.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:12 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Viable sources say $113 billion a year for those illegals already here. Unless we build the wall those costs will increase.
As they have done for the decades of illegal Mexicans being welcomed, given employment, welfare bennies, free education and multiple amnesties by BOTH parties. Soooo........

The wall ain't gonna get built and the tide will only change when prosecution of those businesses hiring them is done to the fullest extent of the law. Do you foresee Trump prosecuting himself?

I didn't think so.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
As they have done for the decades of illegal Mexicans being welcomed, given employment, welfare bennies, free
education and multiple amnesties by BOTH parties. Soooo........

The wall ain't gonna get built and the tide will only change when prosecution of those businesses hiring them is done to the fullest extent of the law. Do you foresee Trump prosecuting himself?

I didn't think so.

I am already aware of that and that's what needs to stop! It's merely your opinion that the 700 mile long
wall won't be built already approved by congress. Yes, e-verify needs to be mandated to stop the illegal hiring practices also but it isn't only jobs that bring them here it's benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids also. All incentives need to be removed. Not all that come here are looking for any of the above either such as criminals and terrorists, thus the wall Did you not read the link I provided that proves that walls work? Do you still remain in denial anyway?

It has never been proven that Trump personally hired illegal aliens so why would he prosecute himself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration