Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 10:54 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times

Advertisements

Is he going to build it inexpensively by using illegal aliens to build it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 01:15 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Is he going to build it inexpensively by using illegal aliens to build it?

No, since he is opposed to illegal immigration and promised to create jobs for our own citizens.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:01 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If Trump had lost he could have found a job on the comedy circuit.
I think one of his best lines was "we are gonna build a big beautiful wall and Mexico is going to pay for it" Later in the campaign he was questioned about the wall and he said "it just got 10 feet higher" .

Too funny.

On a serious note Mexico should pay for it because it will stop people from Central and South America from traveling across their land if there is no hope that they will get into America. These "migrants" face hardships at every turn where they are robbed, brutalized, raped and taken advantage of. A solid wall and no hope of crossing it will deter these peopel from making the dangerous trip.

Trump could actually win a humanitarian award for building his big beautiful wall............. a Nobel Peace prize??
They are fleeing the same hardships in their homeland. You can put walls, moats with dragons they are not going to stop trying.
I am not against securing the border, I always said the wall idea was ridiculous but you can certainly leverage technology with cameras, sensors, etc that would make sense to me, I guess he needed a simple dumb down approach that his supporters could understand.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:49 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
They are fleeing the same hardships in their homeland. You can put walls, moats with dragons they are not going to stop trying.
I am not against securing the border, I always said the wall idea was ridiculous but you can certainly leverage technology with cameras, sensors, etc that would make sense to me, I guess he needed a simple dumb down approach that his supporters could understand.

They can try all they want that doesn't mean they will succeed. The 700 wall already approved by congress is not ridiculous. Is this dumb?.....

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Old 12-06-2016, 06:04 PM

230 posts, read 173,152 times
why speculate? He been sworn it yet so just wait patiently
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration