U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
 
582 posts, read 1,785,647 times
Reputation: 262

Advertisements

mexican's illegals are no different than irish illegals,italian illegals it all the same they are illegal in this country.it don't matter what your skin color is if you don't have permission to be here get out whether you're white,orange,green,purple,red ans for some reason when people talk illegals they automatically think hispanic.no there are irish,italian,etc......who are illegal as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2008, 11:33 AM
 
206 posts, read 365,709 times
Reputation: 82
I agree that illegal is illegal no matter what the country of origin.

There are, in fact, many East Asian, Armenian, and Eastern European/Russian & Ukrainian illegal aliens. I would like them to return home as well as all other illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,929,906 times
Reputation: 6537
The "30% percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens" comment is also misleading for the simple reason that it's ONLY referencing FEDERAL inmates - those held for things like drug smuggling and immigration violations (just the EXACT crimes most likely to be committed by illegal immigrants). Admittedly bank robbery and kidnapping are Federal crimes as well, but it's a pretty good bet that most of those Federal prisoners are being held for drug or immigration offenses. Some of them being held at any given time are likely being held for the simple reason that they are illegals and are awaiting deportation.

When you look at state prisoners (those held for crimes like murder, rape, assault, theft etc - in other words the most common and most violent crimes), the percentage of illegals locked up is much much lower. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe I saw an earlier post with a link to the US DOJ site that showed numbers indicating that the percentage of illegals locked up (including State AND Federal prision) was lower then the estimated percentage of illegals in the general population.

Again, statistics need to be carefully interpreted.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 12:06 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,058,667 times
Reputation: 2049
Another study found that bald-headed burglars only want to watch TV. Keep your door open to bald-headed strangers, blacknight. They mean you no harm.

I couldn't care less whether an illegal is a serial rapist or a student of Mother Teresa. Follow the rules or stay home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 12:53 PM
 
440 posts, read 236,246 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele
Los Angeles Ten Most Wanted:

Not a Caucasian or Black American among them...

Top Ten Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT




ahahahahaha . . . . you are now batting 2-0. Shut 'em down baby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,041,880 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The "30% percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens" comment is also misleading for the simple reason that it's ONLY referencing FEDERAL inmates - those held for things like drug smuggling and immigration violations (just the EXACT crimes most likely to be committed by illegal immigrants). Admittedly bank robbery and kidnapping are Federal crimes as well, but it's a pretty good bet that most of those Federal prisoners are being held for drug or immigration offenses. Some of them being held at any given time are likely being held for the simple reason that they are illegals and are awaiting deportation.

When you look at state prisoners (those held for crimes like murder, rape, assault, theft etc - in other words the most common and most violent crimes), the percentage of illegals locked up is much much lower. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe I saw an earlier post with a link to the US DOJ site that showed numbers indicating that the percentage of illegals locked up (including State AND Federal prision) was lower then the estimated percentage of illegals in the general population.

Again, statistics need to be carefully interpreted.

Ken
They're still criminals, they've still committed horrible crimes, and they STILL should have NEVER been here to commit them. Is there a reason your coming to the defense of foreign national scumbags? Are you a criminal defense lawyer or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 01:09 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,929,906 times
Reputation: 6537
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
They're still criminals, they've still committed horrible crimes, and they STILL should have NEVER been here to commit them. Is there a reason your coming to the defense of foreign national scumbags? Are you a criminal defense lawyer or what?
What makes you think I'm coming to their defense? I just think people should be told THE TRUTH and not be given mis-leading statistics. People need to think - and not just accept what is being said at face value. The fact is, the Immigration board is FULL of BS statistics and hearsay. Don't get me wrong, illegal immigration IS a problem but I also think that most posters on this board tend to overstate their case A LOT - usually with very shady or suspect evidence to back it up. I just like to keep things honest and in perspective.

So, if I see something that is clearly a misleading statistic or clearly innaccurate information, I will point it out.

You have a problem with accuracy and honesty?

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 02-28-2008 at 01:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
mexican's illegals are no different than irish illegals,italian illegals it all the same they are illegal in this country.it don't matter what your skin color is if you don't have permission to be here get out whether you're white,orange,green,purple,red ans for some reason when people talk illegals they automatically think hispanic.no there are irish,italian,etc......who are illegal as well.
An illegal immigrant is just that: illegal----------no matter their home country.

As you stated: they all need to vamoose!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 80,998,062 times
Reputation: 17978
30% of federal inmates is a huge number no matter what. Many ilegals are simplely deported rather than charged in many states for things citizens would be tried for.The very fact that they are here illegally means they have committed a federal crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 4,535,186 times
Reputation: 476
So wait here we are paying for these illegals to be in our prisions??
Wonderful learn something new everyday. I thought they just got deported like the illegal who nearly stabbed my cousin to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top