U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
So, if I see something that is clearly a misleading statistic or clearly innaccurate information, I will point it out.
Do you do the same for the statistics pro-illegals provide about how beneficial illegal immigration is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor
You have a problem with accuracy and honesty?

Ken
Nope, but considering the statistics we have are based on the illegals we KNOW are here, and it's not counting all those committing crimes that we are unaware of, the statistics are probably a lot WORSE.

By the way, even if the statistics are really HALF of what's been stated, it's still WAY TOO MUCH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 10:31 PM

272 posts, read 715,293 times
Wow...Yet another LIE made to look like a valid "study"....

...What a crock......

Old 02-29-2008, 12:18 AM

1,275 posts, read 2,124,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue pekoe View Post
[color=#000080][font=Arial] 30% percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
Do you really want to cite a transcript that misrepresents a statistic? In the transcript you want to cite as proof they state:
According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, 30 percent of federal prisoners are not U.S. citizens
Which is very misleading, you know why? The 30% they cite is the breakdown of the total of non-citizens prisoners within the federal and state prisons.

Also, why did you choose to use the term “illegal aliens” when non-citizens in the federal system are comprised of legal and illegal-immigrants. Was this misrepresentation intentional or did you not know that the term non-citizen applies to legal immigrants too?

To highlight the misrepresentation of the numbers in transcript, per the Department of Justice report (reporting numbers as of 6/30/06 and your transcript date is 4/1/06)

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/pjim06.pdf (broken link)
State and Federal prisons held 91,426 noncitizens on June 30, 2006, an increase of 337 prisoners (or 0.4%) over 12 months (see Appendix table 6). More than two-thirds of the noncitizens in State or Federal prison were held by three jurisdictions: the Federal system housed 33,701 (37% of the total); California housed 15,849 (17% of the total); and Texas housed 9,227 (10% of the total).
The total number of federal inmates as of 6/30/06 was 191,080. Only 18% of those inmates were non-citizens. Remember, non-citizens are legal and illegal-immigrants.

Before someone says even one is too many, that’s true and I’m not disagreeing with you on that point, but provide the actual numbers instead of exaggerating them, lying about them, or misrepresenting them. Is the truth so difficult to deal with that it needs augmentation?

Old 02-29-2008, 12:41 AM

1,833 posts, read 5,754,229 times
In 2006 ... (most recent numbers I could find)

"The U.S. Justice Department estimated that 270,000 illegal immigrants served jail time nationally in 2003. Of those, 108,000 were in California. Some estimates show illegals now make up half of California's prison population, creating a massive criminal subculture that strains state budgets and creates a nightmare for local police forces."

Justice Dept. Figures on Incarcerated Illegals

do you really think it's gotten better?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:08 AM

206 posts, read 365,881 times
For those of us who actually live in California, we don't need any statistics to tell us that something has changed dramatically for the worse as a result of illegal immigration.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:39 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
For those of us who actually live in California, we don't need any statistics to tell us that something has changed dramatically for the worse as a result of illegal immigration.
BINGO!

And; things here in Arizona are becoming better with the illegal immigrants being run out of town.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:25 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
30% of federal inmates is a huge number no matter what. Many ilegals are simplely deported rather than charged in many states for things citizens would be tried for.The very fact that they are here illegally means they have committed a federal crime.
Very true, not to mention all the various State crimes. No drivers licence, insurance, ect. ect.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:24 PM

235 posts, read 251,110 times
Default I

and i guess everyone else's news is false!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Have you gone through all the jails in L.A? Btw, this was a study not an opinion or theory like you just provided.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:34 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawDan View Post
Who said that? I must have missed it.
Go back to post #42.

Anyway, they are my brothers and so are Americans and any human on earth. I'm with you Mori-vivi.

Back to the OP, illegal immigrants are a minority at the state level where all the violent offenders are. Most illegal immigrants are at the federal level where they have commited fraud, treason, etc. We need to punish both, however, I would worry more about those at the state level. As a christian, someone who commits per say is in for tax evasion is at the least of my worries compared to a murder or a rapist.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:43 AM

85 posts, read 121,040 times
Quote:
I couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or