U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-26-2008, 09:09 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Reputation: 620

Advertisements

Quote:
Among other findings in the report, non-citizen men from Mexico 18 to 40 -- a group disproportionately likely to have entered the United States illegally -- are more than eight times less likely than U.S.-born men in the same age group to be in a correctional institution (0.48 percent vs. 4.2 percent).
Study finds immigrants commit less California crime - Yahoo! News (broken link)

The real facts are starting to come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2008, 09:12 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
Reputation: 9486
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Study finds immigrants commit less California crime - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Among other findings in the report, non-citizen men from Mexico 18 to 40 -- a group disproportionately likely to have entered the United States illegally -- are more than eight times less likely than U.S.-born men in the same age group to be in a correctional institution (0.48 percent vs. 4.2 percent).

The real facts are starting to come out.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that's not true, we have illegal criminal aliens in this country.

First of all, there are many many towns in this country who don't even ask someone if they are in the USA illegally when they arrest someone, in Los Angeles, the police aren't allowed to ask someone their immigration status. There are thousands in jails in California alone who are in the USA illegally and they simply jail them and don't deport because you can't ask someone what their immigration status is. Nobody is taking the numbers.

Go through the jails in Los Angeles and you'll get an eye opener.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 09:20 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that's not true, we have illegal criminal aliens in this country.

First of all, there are many many towns in this country who don't even ask someone if they are in the USA illegally when they arrest someone, in Los Angeles, the police aren't allowed to ask someone their immigration status. There are thousands in jails in California alone who are in the USA illegally and they simply jail them and don't deport because you can't ask someone what their immigration status is. Nobody is taking the numbers.

Go through the jails in Los Angeles and you'll get an eye opener.
Have you gone through all the jails in L.A? Btw, this was a study not an opinion or theory like you just provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 09:29 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,041,880 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Study finds immigrants commit less California crime - Yahoo! News (broken link)

The real facts are starting to come out.
And there are several sources that state 28% of inmates in CA prisons are non-citizens, 95% of murder warrants in LA are for illegals, and the majority of the top ten most wanted in LA are illegals. Doesn't really jive with your yahoo study, aka "the real facts", now does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 09:31 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
Reputation: 9486
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Have you gone through all the jails in L.A? Btw, this was a study not an opinion or theory like you just provided.
I am reading this report in PDF form, called, "Crime, Corrections and California: What Does Immigration have to do with it" written by the Public Policy Institute of California, and at the bottom of page 3, the very last paragraph in the last sentence, I'll quote.

"As with most studies, we do not have ideal data. This lack of data restricts the questions we will be able to answer. In particular we cannot focus on the undocumented population explicitly."

http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/cac...CC_208KBCC.pdf

This is a direct quote, the very last paragraph on page 3 of this report which is found in the link above.

LIKE I SAID, THEY DO NOT GATHER DATA ON UNDOCUMENTED ILLEGAL ALIENS WHO COMMIT CRIMES, THE INFORMATION IS NOT AVAILABLE.



Last edited by LuckyGem; 02-26-2008 at 09:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
And there are several sources that state 28% of inmates in CA prisons are non-citizens, 95% of murder warrants in LA are for illegals, and the majority of the top ten most wanted in LA are illegals. Doesn't really jive with your yahoo study, aka "the real facts", now does it?
It wasn't a yahoo study and post your so called sources and i'll debunk them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 05:54 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
How about this. If even 1 illegal commits a crime its too many. How about they are criminals by default because they entered ( illegally) to start with.
How about they are criminals due to identity theft, tax evasion and commiting fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How about this. If even 1 illegal commits a crime its too many. How about they are criminals by default because they entered ( illegally) to start with.
How about they are criminals due to identity theft, tax evasion and commiting fraud.
As tinman01 stated.

We have 'enough' legal neer do wells on hand as it is-------we certainly do not need the illegal variety on top of the above as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 07:58 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,222,879 times
Reputation: 436
More dribble. How do you find this crap? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the number of crimes committed across the US every day by illegals. Heck, just being here illegally is the first crime. And......in case you hadn't noticed. Many, if not most, have not even been asking legal status in this country which is the first problem. I watched a documentary last fall which said at least 10,000 US citizens died at the hands of illegals last year alone. Why on earth do you continue to defend these lawbreakers? Are you one of them????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 08:34 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Study finds immigrants commit less California crime - Yahoo! News (broken link)

The real facts are starting to come out.
Los Angeles Ten Most Wanted:

Not a Caucasian or Black American among them...

Top Ten Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

Yep, look at all of those "Americans" committing crime in L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top