U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:58 AM

10,189 posts, read 24,465,817 times

Advertisements

Are you sassing me, ProLogic. Not a good idea, me-thinks!

I'm a visitor to this forum, and asking questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
This is not titled the U.S immigration, just Immgration. I guess you better delete all the articles related to immigration of Italy, Armenia e.t.c.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:05 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,019,301 times
If you lived in Los Angeles, with its 40% foreign national population, you'd know that it's not the content, it's the VOLUME. And volume has to do with cultural mores on politeness and consideration for others, not a trait observers associate with illegals.

All kids blast music: but it ends. Foreign national adults of only one persuasion in L.A. blast noise at sports stadium/arena P.A. system levels 24 hours a day, window-rattling huge-volumed noise. Another observation is that every human around them not from their home country DETESTS this deliberate rudeness.

I like music with a content that would make most people vomit (punk, hardcore, metal, etc.) and yet no one around me even knows this because I play it for me, not the 5-block radius. Home entertainment is supposed to be just that: not a public nuisance.

Either the foreign nationals of this persuasion are all deaf, or all rude and mean-spirited: there is no other explanation of their lack of social responsibility.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:33 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Mexican popular music is much better than anything else on the radio.
Yeah, and tomorrow I'm going to dinner with Jessica Alba.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:35 AM

9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Quote:
Next time you hear them playing the music with the accordions and the trumpets and so forth.. you can thank the large influx of Czech and German immigrants flooding into Mexico. And the next time you eat an "Al Pastor" taco, think of the Lebanese who came up with that genius recipe.
What's this you say? Mexican culture is not indigineous after all?

Don't waste your time with us, PL. There are some groups who need this knowledge; MEChA, La Raza, Mexica Movement, Brown Berets, La Voz de Aztlan, et. al.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:37 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

Don't waste your time with us, PL. There are some groups who need this knowledge; MEChA, La Raza, Mexica Movement, Brown Berets, La Voz de Aztlan, et. al.
EXCELLENT INSIGHT!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Next time I hear Mexican music... oh wait. That's mine. Mexican popular music is much better than anything else on the radio.

He's talking about the influence of immigrants on Mexican culture.
Each to their own: my father likes Mariachi, etc; perhaps due to him being from Hungary whereas I detest it.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:55 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

Of course its not indigenous completely. Its a mixture of indigenous and European.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Are you sassing me, ProLogic. Not a good idea, me-thinks!

I'm a visitor to this forum, and asking questions!
Your words, not mine, I don't believe I'm sassing you. If you consider providing facts sassing.. then.. I don't know what to tell you.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Each to their own: my father likes Mariachi, etc; perhaps due to him being from Hungary whereas I detest it.

I don't mind Mariachi being played live-- Its just not something I want to listen on the radio day in and day out. Neither is Banda for that matter. However, I can live with Spanish Rock.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:03 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
Quote:
Of course its not indigenous completely. Its a mixture of indigenous and European.
Did you miss the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration