U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 05:37 PM

407 posts, read 714,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I don't think it's bigotry to acknowledge the incredible ignorance represented by people in this category ("white trash, redneck, BillyRayBob, uneducated hick, low class hillbilly..."). These people exhibit beliefs and prejudices that are severely detrimental to this society. This is traditionally and historically been the case. I don't consider it bigotry to look down on them, just an acknowledgement of what they are. Unfortunately, this country appears bottom-heavy with such people as the election of Bush showed.
In the first place, not all people who happen to be against illegals are white trash, hillbillies, or any other bigoted names that you decided to use. You say that you hate bigots and racists and yet, here you are being just what you supposedly hate. Nothing new here folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
If the truth were known, many of us are NOT FOR illegal immigration, but are sick and tired of the total lack of humanity towards these people. If they don't like being called bigots then they should not talk like bigots, it does nothing to make people want to listen to your issues.

Arizona Bear you are great about telling Mexicans "the peons need to fight for their rights against their own goverment. You have never been able to say what rights you achieved fighting for YOUR rights against this (your) goverment. With the different protests in this country, which ones were successful????
Maybe you might want to put your money where your mouth is, just a thought
Just to reply to your off topic rant asking which protests were successful...

I remember that the drinking age was reduced back down to 18 in most states because of the protests back in the late '60s and '70s. The Vietnam Conflict was also stopped because of protests. Women got the right to vote because of protests, as did the any and all of the civil rights that blacks got in the '60s. Please try to know what you post about before showing how little you know about the history of this country.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,182,711 times
So now we are seperating the illegal criminals from the rest of us and we are bogots?
Give me a break, the HUGE majority of AMERICANS want them deported. I agree above, if anyone is bigoted it is the illegals who need arrested and deported.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:57 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
So now we are seperating the illegal criminals from the rest of us and we are bogots?
Give me a break, the HUGE majority of AMERICANS want them deported. I agree above, if anyone is bigoted it is the illegals who need arrested and deported.
Sorry but your post made no sense at all.
And to Earthmother1951 The drinking age never was 18 in my state is still age 21. what recent protests have worked?? The Iraq war was protested many times, still has not worked. Yes, women got the right to vote and if you want to say there is still no racism against African Americans, I'm sure that plenty could set you straight on that. The name of the thread is Bigots
and that says it all.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:02 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
And to Earthmother1951 The drinking age never was 18 in my state is still age 21. what recent protests have worked?? The Iraq war was protested many times, still has not worked. Yes, women got the right to vote and if you want to say there is still no racism against African Americans, I'm sure that plenty could set you straight on that. The name of the thread is Bigots
and that says it all.
If you are so 'annoyed' by our posts; you are free to leave.

PS: I have not personally been involved in any actual protests--------yet.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:54 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,123,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
It does nothing at all to make us listen to you and the others.
An when some anti-illegal posters post bigoted and racist tinged remarks and rely more on exaggerations, lies, and unsupported accusations that align with beliefs about illegal immigrants instead of the truth, then it does nothing to give them credibility

Old 02-29-2008, 07:04 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
I don't think it's bigotry to acknowledge the incredible ignorance represented by people in this category ("white trash, redneck, BillyRayBob, uneducated hick, low class hillbilly..."). These people exhibit beliefs and prejudices that are severely detrimental to this society. This is traditionally and historically been the case. I don't consider it bigotry to look down on them, just an acknowledgement of what they are. Unfortunately, this country appears bottom-heavy with such people as the election of Bush showed.
I have a question for you. Do you think that all anti-illegal people fall in this 'category'? If you do, you are clearly guilty of the bigotry and racism that you so thoroughly deride in your post. If you don't, you've shown an extreme example of poor judgment and made gross generalizations by making the accusations in the first place.

So which is it, Alexus?

Are you a racist bigot?

Or just an ignoramus?

Old 02-29-2008, 07:35 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
I don't think it's bigotry to acknowledge the incredible ignorance represented by people in this category ("white trash, redneck, BillyRayBob, uneducated hick, low class hillbilly..."). .
Your broad and sweeping categorizing of people serves to illustrate your OWN judgementalism. What about NON-white trash? Are they exempt from your generalizations? Are there any EDUCATED hicks, who share the guilt (in your eyes) with the uneducated ones? In your world-view, is there such thing as a HIGH CLASS Hillbilly? What about a "WilliamRaymondRobert?".....

Old 02-29-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
and that says it all.
Well, most states did lower the age. Not my fault that you live in a backward state. BTW, you are the one who has shown to be the racist and bigot and of course, lover of illegals. I never said that there was no more racism. I said that the civil rights acts of the '60s were brough about through protests. Get educated and learn how to get some reading comprehension before replying to me and showing that ignorance and hatred yo carry with you.

Yes, you are a bigot and I am glad that you admit it.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
An when some anti-illegal posters post bigoted and racist tinged remarks and rely more on exaggerations, lies, and unsupported accusations that align with beliefs about illegal immigrants instead of the truth, then it does nothing to give them credibility
You mean like the credible crap that the pro-illegals post? LOLOLOLOL How funny and all of these posts by all of the pro-illegals shows how you know that the majority of the Americans are against illegals and want them out of the country. You are desperate and it is actually funny to watch all of you squirm.

Last edited by EarthMother1951; 02-29-2008 at 09:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration