Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is immigration your number 1 concern in this election?
Yes 23 65.71%
No 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:58 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Does illegal immigration trump all other issues for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 02:01 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
It's one thing to give a personal opinion on the issue.

It's something else altogether to infer one's opinion as meaning "illegal immigration is the top concern for all Americans."

Give it up.

(You seem to have forgotten the word "illegal" in the thread title. Force of habit?)

Old 02-27-2008, 02:55 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Immigrant - One who emigrates from one country to another within the parameters of the law of the destination ciountry.

Illegal Immigrant - One who flagrantly violates the sovereign law of the destination country because they believe that they, and only they, are above the law.

Big difference, HUGE.....

Old 02-27-2008, 03:02 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
honestly, my top concern in this election is having a president who wont forget middle america. Immigration is a close second.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:07 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
honestly, my top concern in this election is having a president who wont forget middle america. Immigration is a close second.
Alanboy, I watched the debate last night and both candidates looked like they were sincere. However, it was the Clinton presidency which originated NAFTA and all the other "free trade" agreements which are stealing jobs from middle america.

I will find it difficult to cast a vote this November, because all the candidates look like turkeys to me.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:52 PM

220 posts, read 381,696 times
I think it's interesting how 80% of poll respondents in a related thread indicated that they thought we were "in a way being invaded" but only 55% of this poll's respondents consider "immigration" to be their number one issue in the presidential election.

How can anyone think we are being invaded and at the same not have immigration as their number one electoral issue?!

Old 02-27-2008, 06:41 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,252 times
Quote:
How can anyone think we are being invaded and at the same not have immigration as their number one electoral issue?!
If I'm not mistaken there were a lot more people who posted in the other poll. 4 pages 32 posts compared to 1 page 6 posts this thread. Not a fair comparison.

BTW I didn't vote in this poll My top priority in this election is who wins.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:33 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
I think it's interesting how 80% of poll respondents in a related thread indicated that they thought we were "in a way being invaded" but only 55% of this poll's respondents consider "immigration" to be their number one issue in the presidential election.

Good question, i'll rep you for that.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Remember that here in Arizona we are running the illegals off en masse so illegal immigration is no longer my #1 concern.

My biggest concern is the recession.

The silver lining there; if there is one is that pressure will be applied to force the illegals out of the USA to protect our jobs. If nothing else, employers would be less averse to canning the former since illegals cannot collect unemployment.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:17 PM

220 posts, read 381,696 times
AZBear,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember that here in Arizona we are running the illegals off en masse so illegal immigration is no longer my #1 concern.

My biggest concern is the recession.

The silver lining there; if there is one is that pressure will be applied to force the illegals out of the USA to protect our jobs. If nothing else, employers would be less averse to canning the former since illegals cannot collect unemployment.
Yeah, but for every family that's leaving there's probably a new one moving in. It's more likely that the growth rate of illegals in AZ has merely slowed rather than reversed.

Just because you're reading media stories reporting that illegal families are leaving Phoenix it doesn't mean that our side is actually winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration