U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2008, 02:17 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,796,902 times
Reputation: 620

Advertisements

Quote:
Only one in five Republicans name illegal immigration as the country's top problem, half the number who name the economy but about the same proportion as those who named Iraq
McCain retools immigration stance - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Interesting article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2008, 02:29 PM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,970,350 times
Reputation: 559
So, who is he going to represent as President? All Americans, or "hispanics"? Or, maybe Mexico?

I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 02:37 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,070,585 times
Reputation: 2049
"Compared to other problems facing the country, how big a problem is illegal immigration? Would you say it is one of the most important problems facing the country, or is it an important problem but not one of the most important, or is it not all that important, or is it not important at all?"

One of Most Important 27%
Important 54%
Not All That Important 11%
Not Important At All 6%
Unsure 2%

Immigration

On another note, when asked what men would prefer: sex with a supermodel or their favorite football team winning the Super Bowl, 98% chose the sex. This proves that 98% of men don't like football at all, and the other 2% are liars.

Seriously, blacknight, when will you stop with this meaningless nonsense? Some Republicans (those in the 22 states that have held primaries) are more concerned with the economy and war than illegal immigration. So what? If my house was on fire, that I left behind my vintage collection of magazines doesn't mean I don't care about my collection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 02:47 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,796,902 times
Reputation: 620
^Apparently you care more about your life than about your collection.

Btw, your analogy was pretty lame , it just means they care more about sex than the superbowl, just like the majority of americans care more about other issues than illegal immigration. I never said americans don't care about illegal immigration, i just said other issues are more important to them. Nice try explorer :0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 02:52 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,070,585 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
^Apparently you care more about your life than about your collection.

Btw, your analogy was pretty lame , it just means they care more about sex than the superbowl, just like the majority of americans care more about other issues than illegal immigration. I never said americans don't care about illegal immigration, i just said other issues are more important to them. Nice try explorer :0)
So your point is what, exactly? Is anyone claiming that illegal immigration is the top concern? I don't recall such a claim being made.

I mean, is the OP a rebuttal? Are you just reminding us of something we already know? Again, what is your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 02:55 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,796,902 times
Reputation: 620
"anti-illegal" opponents claims illegal immigration is the number one issue of concern to americans. So what is your top concern explorer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,070,585 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
"anti-illegal" opponents claims illegal immigration is the number one issue of concern to americans.
Bull.
Quote:
So what is your top concern explorer?
Propaganda. Something you're obviously comfortable with, but seriously lacking in the skills of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,177,208 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
"anti-illegal" opponents claims illegal immigration is the number one issue of concern to americans.
Do you have ANYTHING that might tend to prove this assertion???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,177,208 times
Reputation: 391
From the article...
Quote:
Only one in five Republicans name illegal immigration as the country's top problem, half the number who name the economy but about the same proportion as those who named Iraq. But fewer than three in 10 of those have voted for McCain this year, his worst showing based on issues that concern GOP voters.
So 20% of Republicans call immigration the #1 issue, while another 20% say it's Iraq. 40% say it's the economy.

If the story had gone further in it's figures you would have seen that illegal immigration is an important issue to almost ALL of those same respondents, and the VAST majority of those want it STOPPED. That's why McLame keeps telling the base that he 'got the message' and the border needs to be SECURED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,696,579 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
"Compared to other problems facing the country, how big a problem is illegal immigration? Would you say it is one of the most important problems facing the country, or is it an important problem but not one of the most important, or is it not all that important, or is it not important at all?"

One of Most Important 27%
Important 54%
Not All That Important 11%
Not Important At All 6%
Unsure 2%

Immigration

On another note, when asked what men would prefer: sex with a supermodel or their favorite football team winning the Super Bowl, 98% chose the sex. This proves that 98% of men don't like football at all, and the other 2% are liars.

Seriously, blacknight, when will you stop with this meaningless nonsense? Some Republicans (those in the 22 states that have held primaries) are more concerned with the economy and war than illegal immigration. So what? If my house was on fire, that I left behind my vintage collection of magazines doesn't mean I don't care about my collection.
I think your analogy was terrific and if I could rep you more, I would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top