U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 03:25 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times

Advertisements

Last December, Mayra Machado was pulled over for a routine traffic stop in Arkansas. She had an unpaid ticket for failing to yield. And as a teenager, she'd spent four months in boot camp for writing bad checks. Now 31, the single mother of three, who is an undocumented immigrant, faces deportation to El Salvador, the battle-scarred country she fled when she was 5 years old.

Undocumented immigrants face deportation even for minor crimes

Writing bad checks IS a felony, Machado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 04:09 AM

1,296 posts, read 768,594 times
Undocumented immigrant. Why is the MSM so opposed to the word 'Illegal'?

Old 12-25-2016, 06:36 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post

It's not just the MSM but it's the PC term that the defenders of illegal aliens demand be used. Note in the article how they refer to illegal aliens as plain ole "immigrants" also? Anyway, glad this woman is going to be deported.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:49 AM

2,427 posts, read 784,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
Yep, "undocumented" infers just a paperwork snafu of some sort rather than being here illegally. Avoided "illegal" is just the politically correct way of saying we as a country are not entitled to have borders.

As for Machado, though she may consider herself "totally Americanized", committing multiple felonies is hardly the kind of new American we want to bring into the country. It is not her fault that she came here at age 5, but it is her fault that she chose to be a felon. That she is a single mother of three tells me she is more likely than not collecting various entitlements as well, again not the kind of new American we need.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:27 AM

62,393 posts, read 27,771,221 times
Illegal alien. They've already committed a crime. Deport them.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:07 AM

98 posts, read 61,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Last December, Mayra Machado was pulled over for a routine traffic stop in Arkansas. She had an unpaid ticket for failing to yield. And as a teenager, she'd spent four months in boot camp for writing bad checks. Now 31, the single mother of three, who is an undocumented immigrant, faces deportation to El Salvador, the battle-scarred country she fled when she was 5 years old.

And illegal aliens don't face deportation even for murder unless the victim's family fights the criminal justice system for years to see that it happens. Check out http://unlicensedtokill.org/.

I know the man who suffered this terrible tragedy and created this website. We didn't always see eye to eye. But I know him as an honest man who is not prone to hyperbole. I considered him a radical liberal who never met leftist cause he couldn't support. There is no doubt in my mind that everything he says is unexaggerated truth and needs to be considered in our discussion on immigration.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:17 PM

451 posts, read 160,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

Good. She is a criminal....C R I M I N A L. She broke the law. What a slap in the face to all the legal immigrants who came to this country by following the law.

Go to El Salvador or any 3rd world country and overstay your visit. You will HOPE that all they want to do is deport you. More likely they will throw you in jail to scare you and then "suggest" that for some dinero, the rich gringo maybe things can be "worked out." This is after the police steal your laptop, camera, tablet, etc.

Cry me a river. PAck up MAyra you are outta here.

I hope Trump deports these illegal aliens starting on Jan. 20!!!

Old 12-26-2016, 02:31 PM

385 posts, read 227,803 times
Yeah, I think we have discussed Mayra before on this forum. Isn't she the BMW driving soccer mom who is just like a typical American forging checks and such? Oh yes, and she was doing one of those jobs that American's won't do (working in a medical office if I remember correctly?)

The new case study provided for why we should not deport criminals is Owino. This guy was a drunk with gambling problems who dropped out of college, lived on the streets and got caught doing an armed robbery. AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME FEEL SORRY FOR HIM???? Where do they find these people?

Anyways, nope. If you are illegal and are stupid enough to commit crimes here then sorry, you need to be the first in line to go. I want the smart immigrants who can follow the rules and contribute to society to get the chance to live here instead.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:59 PM

1,125 posts, read 448,924 times
Get out no sympathy. Not only should they be deported, they should be billed the costs of their prison time and court fees. The tax payers paid for their meals etc. No one twisted her arm to write bad checks or the other guy for robbery.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:04 PM

4,520 posts, read 1,943,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr789 View Post
Yeah, I think we have discussed Mayra before on this forum. Isn't she the BMW driving soccer mom who is just like a typical American forging checks and such? Oh yes, and she was doing one of those jobs that American's won't do (working in a medical office if I remember correctly?)

The new case study provided for why we should not deport criminals is Owino. This guy was a drunk with gambling problems who dropped out of college, lived on the streets and got caught doing an armed robbery. AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME FEEL SORRY FOR HIM???? Where do they find these people?

Anyways, nope. If you are illegal and are stupid enough to commit crimes here then sorry, you need to be the first in line to go. I want the smart immigrants who can follow the rules and contribute to society to get the chance to live here instead.
Yes, there was a post about this article before. She is an assistant to an optometrist. I remember wondering how she could obtain a driver's license and apply for a white-collar job. And afford a BMW as an assistant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or