U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-29-2008, 09:14 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,007,637 times
Reputation: 5929

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT3LokS View Post
OMG so not having English as your First Language gives you a disadvantaged? How ignorant, and what makes not learning English have to do with this?

That post you just did makes it look like illegals don't give a **** about others. So the same goes to others who have run a Stop Sign?


Thank you.


Oh... Please shut up. If you lived in the same conditions they lived on, I bet you'll do the same.


Yes, not having good language skills puts you at a disadvantage when trying to express ideas...it's not MY responsibility to understand you , it's your responsibility to speak correct English.
If that CRIMINAL who murdered those children had understood English maybe she could've read a driver's manual or a Stop sign or speed limit sign or a LAW...she CHOSE not to.
She is also charged with identy theft and several other things ....she is a criminal....on a crime spree....she did not give a DAMN about anyone but herself!!!!!!

And no poster has to shut up because YOU say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-29-2008, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,714 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, not having good language skills puts you at a disadvantage when trying to express ideas...it's not MY responsibility to understand you , it's your responsibility to speak correct English.
If that CRIMINAL who murdered those children had understood English maybe she could've read a driver's manual or a Stop sign or speed limit sign or a LAW...she CHOSE not to.
She is also charged with identy theft and several other things ....she is a criminal....on a crime spree....she did not give a DAMN about anyone but herself!!!!!!

And no poster has to shut up because YOU say so.
But you see, they only want to come here and work and they are fine upstanding people otherwise. Hogwash of course, but that is what illegal lovers want the naive to believe.

BTW, you are right about none of us has to shut up because she wants us to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2008, 01:45 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT3LokS View Post
So if your illegal you cause Bus accidents? pathetic.
Obviously yes. First of all this woman had no business being in this country. But -- even if she was in this country illegally, she also had no business driving. She had no license -- and you can bet she had no insurance.

She spoke no English -- living here but never being motivated to learn to speak and read English -- so how can she understand what a "stop" sign meant?

How many laws should this killer be excused for breaking? She did not have to drive when she obviously had no understanding of our traffic laws. She probably had no idea that a big yellow bus in the USA is a school bus and that drivers are required to slow down and be careful around them.

She had to have rammed that bus with a heck of a lot of force -- normally a mini-van running into a school bus will disable the mini-van but not be such a horrific deadly accident as far as the bus.

So how many laws did your innocent little illegal break here? Illegal entry, illegally working, identification theft, document fraud (felony crimes btw), driving without a license (and insurance), failure to stop at a stop sign, failure to use proper caution when near a school bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2008, 01:48 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You really are quite silly. Let the illegal ***** make accidents in HER OWN COUNTRY!!!
Most of these illegals never even rode in a car back in their own country -- much less drove one.

They get here and do whatever the hell they please -- they could not care less about any laws -- if a law happens to be convenient to them, then they might not break it -- but there is no law that they won't break if it doesn't suit them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2008, 07:31 AM
 
9,807 posts, read 12,896,672 times
Reputation: 8127
This tragedy should be "the poster" for what is wrong with our system regarding illegals.

Every day we learn more about the driver. First that she had no drivers license. Then, that she may be an illegal. Then, yes, she is an illegal, has no drivers license, the license plate on the van doesn't match the vehicle, the person on her ID card is some one else,

Then, the ID card was stolen in Peurto Rico and this driver was using the the theft victim's ID and SS card when applying for work.

Now, they are looking for her live in boy friend who they believe also is an illegal who might have been the owner of the van and might also be using a stolen ID.

a neighbor of theirs from the trailer park where the illegal lived was interviewed on tv and was furious that crimes like this can go on undetected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2008, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT3LokS View Post
I get what they are saying, but they make it more worse because she happens to be illegal. Thats like saying: "John was planning to go to Idaho this weekend but decided to not to and caused a death that same weekend, it would have been prevented if had taken the trip."

People need to stop getting over themselves and need to start to realize why illegals chose to come to the U.S. Yeah sure their are idiots that give illegals a wrong view, but theirs others who come here for a better life for them and their family.
You’re missing the point. There is a HUGE difference between someone deciding to take a trip -- which may or may not result in an accident. Each time we enter our car, we have no guarantee we will not be involved in an accident. However, one who enters a car and drives ‘unlicensed’ is in total violation of our laws. In addition, based on prior infractions, she was not only unlicensed, she did not even have basic driving skills. Nor did she have the ‘ability’ to comprehend traffic signs written in English.

This woman exemplifies the attitude of many illegal aliens. Why should they abide by traffic laws in this country when they have a wanton disregard for ANY laws of this country? A car is not a toy. In the hands of the wrong person, it can be a lethal weapon –- evidenced by the carnage this selfish excuse for a human being has caused. Due to her disregard for the lives of others, 4 children are dead, and their families are grieving.

Let’s say you live near a mental institution with a reputation for having lax security. As a result, patients easily leave the grounds and are seen frequently roaming your neighborhood. The hospital is aware of the problem, but does nothing. You have lodged complaints, to no avail. One day a psychotic patient leaves the facility and enters your house, killing 4 members of your family. On the basis of your argument, the hospital should not be held liable for the murders. After all, people are murdered each day in this country. Can you not understand that these murders were 100% preventable? ‘This’ patient could not have had access to your house had the hospital been properly secured. Sure - someone other than this mental patient ‘could have’ entered your house and killed your family. However, ‘this’ individual is the perpetrator.

Regardless of your ‘spin’ on the tragedy of these 4 children killed by the illegal alien -- the fact remains that ‘this’ person is responsible for the death of ‘these’ children. Had ‘this’ person not been permitted to enter ‘this’ country illegally, she would not be here, and these 4 children would not have been killed in ‘this’ accident.

I guess we should excuse her because she only came here seeking a better life. It’s not her fault she never learned how to drive. It’s not her fault we have laws. When will illegal aliens and their apologists begin to accept responsibility for their criminal behavior? The excuses and the lame comparisons to legal citizens are really getting old. Do we really need to tolerate the illegal importation of crime and suffering simply because we have legal citizens who commit crimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 PM
 
Location: West Hollywood
2,201 posts, read 4,000,343 times
Reputation: 1704
Without trying to sound ignorant, it does matter that she is an illegal.

If she technically does not belong in this country and doesn't have an official identity, who's responsible for the children's deaths? Why was she driving without a valid license? The fact that she is illegal probably means she forged her identity, making her vulnerable to more crimes.

And yes, people everywhere (legal or not) could have done this. But, maybe those kids would be alive if she hadn't been aloud to enter illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Moon Over Palmettos
5,975 posts, read 17,139,378 times
Reputation: 4989
Would the outrage be less if a US citizen 80-year old grandmother ran into the bus and killed the children because she was a legal resident, had a driver's license and insurance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,015,968 times
Reputation: 457
If she were a legal immigrant, this fatality accident properly called a Signal 30, would start the deportation proceedings to her home country.
The fact that she was an illegal did not cause the accident.
But it goes without saying that several children would be alive right now had she not been in this country.
Can you refute that statement??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,714 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Would the outrage be less if a US citizen 80-year old grandmother ran into the bus and killed the children because she was a legal resident, had a driver's license and insurance?
Yes, because then it would have been a terrible accident. If the illegal had not been in the country in the first place then this particular accident would not have happened. Why is it that you people have such a hard time with the concept of illegal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top