U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2008, 08:17 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Would the outrage be less if a US citizen 80-year old grandmother ran into the bus and killed the children because she was a legal resident, had a driver's license and insurance?
It would depend.

If the 80 year old grandmother was drunk driving or impaired for a reason she could control and drove anyhow -- then yes it would be outrageous.

If the 80 year old grandmother had been denied a drivers license maybe due to poor eyesight and chose to drive out of stubborness and total self-centeredness then yes it would be outrageous.

If the 80 year old was driving with a valid license and had a heart attack or stroke while driving, then it would be a tragedy.

And if the 80 year old was driving but not at all competent and the state was issuing valid licences or her family knew she was not competent and made no effort to stop her from driving, then it would be the fault of those other people.

The illegal in this case was not "accidently" driving, she had no right to be driving in this country, she knew she couldn't read the signs but she had total disregard for the lives of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2008, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Huntsville, AL
2,221 posts, read 2,602,281 times
Reputation: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It would depend.

If the 80 year old grandmother was drunk driving or impaired for a reason she could control and drove anyhow -- then yes it would be outrageous.

If the 80 year old grandmother had been denied a drivers license maybe due to poor eyesight and chose to drive out of stubborness and total self-centeredness then yes it would be outrageous.

If the 80 year old was driving with a valid license and had a heart attack or stroke while driving, then it would be a tragedy.

And if the 80 year old was driving but not at all competent and the state was issuing valid licences or her family knew she was not competent and made no effort to stop her from driving, then it would be the fault of those other people.

The illegal in this case was not "accidently" driving, she had no right to be driving in this country, she knew she couldn't read the signs but she had total disregard for the lives of others.
Can't argue with that logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 AM
 
Location: Moon Over Palmettos
5,975 posts, read 17,142,113 times
Reputation: 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Yes, because then it would have been a terrible accident. If the illegal had not been in the country in the first place then this particular accident would not have happened. Why is it that you people have such a hard time with the concept of illegal?
Hey, this was a legitimate question with no judgment whatsoever about the peson being illegal or not. LEARN TO READ! Malamute's answer is the kind I'm looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,770 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Hey, this was a legitimate question with no judgment whatsoever about the peson being illegal or not. LEARN TO READ! Malamute's answer is the kind I'm looking for.
Good, you got yhe answer you wanted. I did read it and I answered. Just because you did not like my answer does not mean I have no right to post it. I never said it was not a legitimate question. You need some thicker skin friens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 07:09 AM
 
9,807 posts, read 12,899,825 times
Reputation: 8127
--Malmute's answer is the kind I'm looking for--

Please post a disclaimer then stating you want only positive responses that agree with you.

I believe you only want to "preach to the choir"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 AM
 
Location: Moon Over Palmettos
5,975 posts, read 17,142,113 times
Reputation: 4989
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
--Malmute's answer is the kind I'm looking for--

Please post a disclaimer then stating you want only positive responses that agree with you.

I believe you only want to "preach to the choir"
Malamute neither agreed nor disagreed with me. It was neither a positive nor negative response...it was a qualified response. I think it's you that only wants to hear one side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,009,919 times
Reputation: 5929
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Hey, this was a legitimate question with no judgment whatsoever about the peson being illegal or not. LEARN TO READ! Malamute's answer is the kind I'm looking for.


The question has been answered over and over through the whole thread....go back and read from the beginning, it's not long, and you will see the answer several times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 08:03 AM
 
157 posts, read 276,866 times
Reputation: 43
Talking Logic

American teenagers have a required subject, "DRIVERS TRAINING" This teaches them WHAT TO DO WHEN THEY SEE A SCHOOL BUS. LOADED OR NOT. The ILLEGAL HAD NO TRAINING NO LICENSE NO INSURANCE. People sticking up for this "ILLEGAL" needs to meet an ILLEGAL on the highway with NO DRIVERS LICENSE NO INSURANCE. BET YOUR TOON WOULD CHANGE IN A HEARTBEAT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Missouri of course
407 posts, read 714,770 times
Reputation: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
--Malmute's answer is the kind I'm looking for--

Please post a disclaimer then stating you want only positive responses that agree with you.

I believe you only want to "preach to the choir"
Exactly correct!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
 
Location: I'm Behind you.
39 posts, read 113,753 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, not having good language skills puts you at a disadvantage when trying to express ideas...it's not MY responsibility to understand you , it's your responsibility to speak correct English.
If that CRIMINAL who murdered those children had understood English maybe she could've read a driver's manual or a Stop sign or speed limit sign or a LAW...she CHOSE not to.
She is also charged with identy theft and several other things ....she is a criminal....on a crime spree....she did not give a DAMN about anyone but herself!!!!!!

And no poster has to shut up because YOU say so.
FYI I do have good English skills, I was referring to "Illegal Immigrants". Now you and me know, not everyone reads a manual, and my god on the stop sign part. You have to be an idiot not to know what that means, if you travel to any city in Latin America. You will see a Stop sign looks exactly the same as it does in the U.S expect it says Alto. You must be joking on the crime spree obviously. And how the hell do you know if she didn't care about those kids that died? From what you said right there it looks like you think Illegal Immigrants don't have any feelings about others. Please correct yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obviously yes. First of all this woman had no business being in this country. But -- even if she was in this country illegally, she also had no business driving. She had no license -- and you can bet she had no insurance.
Obviously she wouldn't right? She is "illegal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
She spoke no English -- living here but never being motivated to learn to speak and read English -- so how can she understand what a "stop" sign meant?
Here we go again, the stop sign. Please take a closer look from what you say now, ok? I can bet you that 100% of illegal immigrants that chose to drive know what a stop sign is. Again I ask you to correct yourself, and think before you make any comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How many laws should this killer be excused for breaking? She did not have to drive when she obviously had no understanding of our traffic laws. She probably had no idea that a big yellow bus in the USA is a school bus and that drivers are required to slow down and be careful around them.
Look at the ignorance in this post. You really do think Illegal immigrants are idiots right? thats terrible, who ever raised you did a terrible job.


Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So how many laws did your innocent little illegal break here? Illegal entry, illegally working, identification theft, document fraud (felony crimes btw), driving without a license (and insurance), failure to stop at a stop sign, failure to use proper caution when near a school bus.
Illegal entry and working shouldn't even be as bad as driving without a license, identification theft, etc. Illegals come to the U.S for a better life, and opportunity for them and their family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In addition, based on prior infractions, she was not only unlicensed, she did not even have basic driving skills. Nor did she have the ‘ability’ to comprehend traffic signs written in English.
I'm not gonna go over this again, just read at the other quotes I replied to. So now you say she had no driving skills? Give me a source that says that. People in Latin American can drive you know? They know what a Red, Yellow, Green light means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This woman exemplifies the attitude of many illegal aliens. Why should they abide by traffic laws in this country when they have a wanton disregard for ANY laws of this country? A car is not a toy. In the hands of the wrong person, it can be a lethal weapon –- evidenced by the carnage this selfish excuse for a human being has caused. Due to her disregard for the lives of others, 4 children are dead, and their families are grieving.
OMG you don't know anything about others life, do you? People like you, think Illegals immigrants are from another planet. If an illegal immigrants comes to the U.S, they are not willing to break a law to get caught that will stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let’s say you live near a mental institution with a reputation for having lax security. As a result, patients easily leave the grounds and are seen frequently roaming your neighborhood. The hospital is aware of the problem, but does nothing. You have lodged complaints, to no avail. One day a psychotic patient leaves the facility and enters your house, killing 4 members of your family. On the basis of your argument, the hospital should not be held liable for the murders. After all, people are murdered each day in this country. Can you not understand that these murders were 100% preventable? ‘This’ patient could not have had access to your house had the hospital been properly secured. Sure - someone other than this mental patient ‘could have’ entered your house and killed your family. However, ‘this’ individual is the perpetrator.
Can YOU see that those people have mental issues, unlike illegal immigrants. Illegals know what they are doing, so what your saying there does not go with this issue. Their government will not pay for their consequences. Because they chose to arrive here for a better life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Regardless of your ‘spin’ on the tragedy of these 4 children killed by the illegal alien -- the fact remains that ‘this’ person is responsible for the death of ‘these’ children. Had ‘this’ person not been permitted to enter ‘this’ country illegally, she would not be here, and these 4 children would not have been killed in ‘this’ accident.
I get what your saying. I agree on she paying for the consequences. But still things like this happen. She came because she wanted to come, you can prevent her entrance to the U.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I guess we should excuse her because she only came here seeking a better life. It’s not her fault she never learned how to drive. It’s not her fault we have laws. When will illegal aliens and their apologists begin to accept responsibility for their criminal behavior? The excuses and the lame comparisons to legal citizens are really getting old. Do we really need to tolerate the illegal importation of crime and suffering simply because we have legal citizens who commit crimes?
Oh she shouldn't be excused for her actions, she deserves to go to jail and probably even deported. Illegal crime and resident crime doesn't make any difference. Crime is everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top