U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:56 AM

206 posts, read 365,977 times

Advertisements

Apparently, the driver responsible in a recent accident that claimed the lives of 4 children was here illegally. However, the news media have conveniently omitted the legal status of the driver. This happened in a city that declared sanctuary for illegal aliens.Illegal Immigration ALIPAC - Illegal alien van driver arrested in Minnesota schoolbus tragedy,
Illegal Immigration ALIPAC - Minnesota authorities let illegal alien walk after 4 children slaughtered.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 12:12 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,018,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue pekoe View Post
Apparently, the driver responsible in a recent accident that claimed the lives of 4 children was here illegally. However, the news media have conveniently omitted the legal status of the driver. This happened in a city that declared sanctuary for illegal aliens.Illegal Immigration ALIPAC - Illegal alien van driver arrested in Minnesota schoolbus tragedy,
Illegal Immigration ALIPAC - Minnesota authorities let illegal alien walk after 4 children slaughtered.

Don't quite know what you mean. The media has said she was illegal all along. The reason she wasn't detained or "discovered " before is explained in your second link.

??????

Old 02-29-2008, 01:01 PM

CNN failed to mention that she was in the country illegally; and, the story wasn't even mentioned on regular news channels where I am.

The second link explains how this person, and illegal aliens in general, are not detained or charged for traffic-related infractions (for which citizens usually are).

Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 PM

407 posts, read 715,125 times
Quote:
CNN failed to mention that she was in the country illegally; and, the story wasn't even mentioned on regular news channels where I am.

The second link explains how this person, and illegal aliens in general, are not detained or charged for traffic-related infractions (for which citizens usually are).
CNN mentioned it a number of times that she was illegal. She was and is an illegal. Must not be very good news where you live because I heard it on all of our news stations and the cable ones too and every one of them mentioned she was illegal.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 PM

My mistake, then.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:51 PM

407 posts, read 715,125 times
Quote:
My mistake, then.
You might not be, really. I have noticed that lately CNN has stopped saying that she was illegal. They must have been put in their place by Mexico.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:56 PM

9,309 posts, read 25,679,041 times
Quote:
My mistake, then.
Not quite, Blue Pekoe!

I remember reading a few articles on the internet as well as seeing a few news reports that conveniently omitted that fact.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM

39 posts, read 113,805 times
So if your illegal you cause Bus accidents? pathetic.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 PM

If illegal aliens, such as the one responsible for this accident, were not allowed in this country, our citizens would be spared from being accident and crime victims at the hands of illegals.

This is an obvious and logical point that pro-enforcement people have been making and continue to make in referring to the innumerable crimes committed by ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:54 PM

39 posts, read 113,805 times
Quote:

If illegal aliens, such as the one responsible for this accident, were not allowed in this country, our citizens would be spared from being accident and crime victims at the hands of illegals.

This is an obvious and logical point that pro-enforcement people have been making and continue to make in referring to the innumerable crimes committed by ILLEGAL ALIENS.
It doesn't matter, Illegals or no Illegals, Accidents STILL HAPPEN. Stop Blaming Illegals for things that aren't meant to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or