U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:53 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,050,046 times

Advertisements

hell be even luckier to not get assasinated.

SAD BUT TRUE, THEIR ALOT OF WHITE SUPREMACIST OUT THERE, just look at those wackos that got caught in colorado, and i can guarantee theirs plenty of those, lurking in americas shadows. People say theyre not rascist, but if Obama wins, count all the assasination attempts that will be attempted. People hated bush, but i can guarantee you, in all his years in office, he didnt get as many threats as obama has had in his months in the spotlight, sad but true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 05:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Re: Obama; it seems that he is hated much more than (ret) General Colin Powell----------and, Powell too is 'Black'.

Interesting........maybe skin color is not is significant as some of us suspect.

Bill Richardson; despite self identifying as a 'Hispanic'-------he is of old WASP lineage as well. Look at his surname for some clues.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,341,703 times
Quote:
Bill Richardson was born at the Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, California to María Luisa López-Collada Márquez (born in Mexico City in 1914[2]) and William Blaine Richardson Jr. (1891–1972), a Nicaragua-born Citibank executive[2] who lived and worked in Mexico City for decades.
Bio...

Quote:
Just before Richardson was born, his mother was sent to California, where her husband's sister lived, to give birth because, as Richardson explained, "My father had a complex about not having been born in the United States."[3] Three of his four grandparents were Mexican citizens, and he identifies himself as Hispanic.[3] Richardson, a U.S. citizen by birthright, was raised during his childhood in Mexico City. At age 13, Richardson's parents sent him to Massachusetts to attend a Boston-area preparatory school, Middlesex School in Concord, Massachusetts, where he played baseball as a pitcher. He entered Tufts University in 1966 where he continued to play baseball.
He is what you guys hate. Anchor Baby...AS NON WASP as you get

Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Bio...

He is what you guys hate. Anchor Baby...AS NON WASP as you get
Incorrect: I believe that Bill's father was a US citizen (through his dad) so that would trump any 'Anchor Baby' issues---------even if there were no more birthright citizenship.

Besides: a kid born of White English, etc. people (WASPs) who were here illegally would still be an Anchor under current US law.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Incorrect: I believe that Bill's father was a US citizen (through his dad) so that would trump any 'Anchor Baby' issues---------even if there were no more birthright citizenship.

Besides: a kid born of White English, etc. people (WASPs) who were here illegally would still be an Anchor under current US law.
His dad was a US citizen. But I do find it funny that his mother did exactly what many others do..come to the US for the sole purpose of giving birth.

Bill was raised in Mexico City (until the age of 13)...

Like I said, he does not even remotely fit the label of WASP. He is as WASP as Obama is...

Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
He's also an amnesty-pushing, ethno-centric panderer to illegal aliens. Another race pimp who allows ethnicity to trump citizenship.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
He's also an amnesty-pushing, ethno-centric panderer to illegal aliens. Another race pimp who allows ethnicity to trump citizenship.
And Obama and McCain are the opposite? Even the often mentioned Romney hires illegals...

Old 09-11-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
His dad was a US citizen. But I do find it funny that his mother did exactly what many others do..come to the US for the sole purpose of giving birth.

Bill was raised in Mexico City (until the age of 13)...

Like I said, he does not even remotely fit the label of WASP. He is as WASP as Obama is...
Even if Bill had been born in Mexico-----------he would still be a US citizen.

Mitt Romney's father; George, OTOH, was a Mexican---------his US citizen parents were residents of Chihuahua, Mx.

Anymore: 'WASP' is a cultural label---------------much like 'Hispanic'. The former used to mean just a person of White Anglo Saxon Protestant heritage (which is not an ethnicity). I consider myself to be a WASP----------never mind my 1/2 Hungarian heritage.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:29 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Even if Bill had been born in Mexico-----------he would still be a US citizen.

Mitt Romney's father; George, OTOH, was a Mexican---------his US citizen parents were residents of Chihuahua, Mx.

Anymore: 'WASP' is a cultural label---------------much like 'Hispanic'. The former used to mean just a person of White Anglo Saxon Protestant heritage (which is not an ethnicity). I consider myself to be a WASP----------never mind my 1/2 Hungarian heritage.
White Anglo Saxon IS an ethnicity. Protestant is a religion.

I notice you use Anglo a lot in place of "white". I think Anglo is pretty specific.

As far as WASP, it refers to the elite class, the good ol boy system of white protestants..old money.. Not working class whites.

Last edited by amc760; 09-11-2008 at 10:42 PM..

Old 09-12-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
White Anglo Saxon IS an ethnicity. Protestant is a religion.

I notice you use Anglo a lot in place of "white". I think Anglo is pretty specific.

As far as WASP, it refers to the elite class, the good ol boy system of white protestants..old money.. Not working class whites.
'Anglo' here in Arizona refers to any non Hispanic White. I would be classified as an Anglo despite my actual ethnicity here.

Remember too that there was no such thing as a Protestant till Martin Luther and Henry the 8th, the king of England.

The use of 'WASP' is widening IMHO------------it is the logical political counterweight to Hispanic.

Hell: the old Virginia family; the Taliaferro's, despite their ancient Italian roots were WASP's-----------and slaveowners as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or