U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:57 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You claim to be a U.S. citizen. However, you stated, and I quote: "We ain't going no where!" Your entire post is a figment of your delusional imagination. You are neither a U.S. citizen, nor a college student. If you are in fact enrolled in one of our institutions of higher learning, they should lose their accreditation.
I totelly argee with you , Ben Acar. If that poast represant todays college student the we as a society [b]Ain't Going Nowhere[b] LOL Hahahaha

College rocks....up with "HIGHER" learniong...Down with ingorence...

Some a come laude !!

They're, i've sed my peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 09:08 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I totelly argee with you , Ben Acar. If that poast represant todays college student the we as a society [b]Ain't Going Nowhere[b] LOL Hahahaha

College rocks....up with "HIGHER" learniong...Down with ingorence...

Some a come laude !!

They're, i've sed my peace.
You speeked lika tru edjumacated peeple. I totilly agre.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 AM

2,731 posts, read 5,940,417 times
Lopez might be right about "Taking over America" i mean it wouldnt be that hard..
When the Government is on your side.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:30 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,077,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post

YouTube - Mexican Clown George Lopez Loves Barak Obama

Let's see if the mainstream media picks up on this and runs Lopez over the coals...though I won't hold my breath.

this is comedy. a bunch of exageration. looking for a laugh.
we know white people build and paint houses. we know they mow lawns. themajority of this country is white.
we would have a bunch of people living in trailers if white people didnt build houses. and even then im sure it would be white people working in the trailer building industry.

taking this serioulsy is like taking jeff foxworthy seriously. should the media let him have it too?

g.lopez is not anyone with much relevance outside of urban culture. he doesnt even have show anymore.

why every body get there panties in a bunch?

pick some real issues to quarrel over. i was watchin the bob saget roast the other day. so much homophobia. but its comedy. so much mysogyny. but its comedy.

what i choose to do, is not watch or support it.

george lopez?!?! when its someone with actual weight, maybe ill be concerned.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:23 PM

1,417 posts, read 853,463 times
Quote:
I think G. Lopez is po'd that his show wasn't very popular and now that he's a has been, he has nothing to lose by making this video.
I watch the show everyday. I wouldn't call a show that aired for 5 consecutive years "un popular".

Old 09-04-2008, 09:51 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,017,576 times
Never really watched the guy cause I think his brand of humor is juvenile..........but that is the crowd he panders to isnt it????????????

Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Never really watched the guy cause I think his brand of humor is juvenile..........but that is the crowd he panders to isnt it????????????
Well of course his humor is unlike any other. I'd say 97% of his comedy is culture oriented. Unlike many other comedians, this really distinguishes himself from the pack. If you've been to one of his concerts you'll probably see a lot of Latinos. I've also seen many whites, not quite as many Blacks though. Most of what he says is actually true about Mexicans-- that's what makes it even funnier!

Old 09-04-2008, 10:21 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,022,162 times
Too bad Lopez' humor doesn't have the crossover appeal of, say, Dave Chappelle who wanted everyone to laugh, not just "his own."

Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Too bad Lopez' humor doesn't have the crossover appeal of, say, Dave Chappelle who wanted everyone to laugh, not just "his own."
I guess you've never been to a G Lo concert and witnessed the diversity first hand-- although the majority is Latino. Most of what he talks about is 'Mexican-American' culture. I'm also guessing you never saw his act when he described people looking at him:

Mexicans: "Ay is that him? na that can't be -walks like a crab- (that's how Mexican gangsters supposedly walk)
Blacks: -grabs private parts- -jumps up and down- Oh shi is dat him?!
Whites: -Observe-

Old 09-04-2008, 11:55 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,999,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Oh wow. I bet you'd even refuse to eat a taco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or