U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:51 AM

3,455 posts, read 5,090,963 times

Advertisements

And why not houses, boats, etc.? Justification could be these proceeds are needed for enforcement of immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 02:57 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
They should seize their vehicles,and issue any citations warranted.Are they special? How typical ,are only Americans and legal drivers(legal immigrants) supposed to follow the law?
No more special treatment,don't like the laws then go back.This is what true discrimination is ,one group(Illegals) wanting/demanding special treatment over other groups that follow the law.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:37 PM

183 posts, read 204,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
They should seize their vehicles,and issue any citations warranted.Are they special? How typical ,are only Americans and legal drivers(legal immigrants) supposed to follow the law?
No more special treatment,don't like the laws then go back.This is what true discrimination is ,one group(Illegals) wanting/demanding special treatment over other groups that follow the law.

It would help if ALL of our government cared to enforce them. I realy wish Indiana would do something bout all this crap. They told us if we go out while its 0 degrees outside and start our car to warm up so our kids dont freeze to death on the way to school, and it gets taken... all well your a dumb a** for starting your car up and letting it run and not sitting in it while it does (which defeats the whole purpose of warming a car up!). This was all after a mass amount of vehicles were stolen on West side of Indy (the new Mexico) and loads of complaints were placed. They didnt do anything bout it cept tell us its our fault and we know better!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Gosh - here in eastern Washington we know enough to start our cars then lock them with our other set of keys................

Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,443,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This bill has no teeth, it's only a feel good policy. All an illegal immigrant has to do is register the vehicle with a legal citizen.
I agree. It seems that one person who is legal will do all of the buying and then share it with 4 or 5 others. Same way with houses.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM

Then maybe they should just impound ANY vehicle found to have an unlicensed driver at the wheel - regardless of whether said vehicle owner is legal or otherwise. Let the burden of proof etc be on the owner to pay and get it back.

If it happened enough to be more than just a major inconvenience maybe they'd decide it wasn't such a clever idea.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Gosh - here in eastern Washington we know enough to start our cars then lock them with our other set of keys................
Oh yes because there in Washington God forbid someone knows how to break into a car even with the doors locked. Oh no thats absolutely impossible. Oh wait IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY! Wow you are a real bread winner arent you. Way to make a fool of yourself

Quote:
Then maybe they should just impound ANY vehicle found to have an unlicensed driver at the wheel - regardless of whether said vehicle owner is legal or otherwise. Let the burden of proof etc be on the owner to pay and get it back.

If it happened enough to be more than just a major inconvenience maybe they'd decide it wasn't such a clever idea.
I can't beleive Im gonna say this but I actually agree with you on something. Cops pull you over and you have no license you either go to jail or get a large fine and they impound your car here in Indiana. I know they dont this everywhere though.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 PM

You don't have a car alarm honey? Too bad...........

Though as usual your posts are just TOO rambling to work out - what does me being a bread winner have to do with the post ?

Old 01-14-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
You don't have a car alarm honey? Too bad...........

Oh yea I sure do let me tell ya EVERYONE can afford a car alarm!! Wow your seriously are living the American dream huh? Let me guess your driving a brand new vehicle with an alarm apparently, 3-4 sets of keys? buying a house a good job? Good for you again just because YOU can afford it, doesnt mean everyone can.
Though as usual your posts are just TOO rambling to work out - what does me being a bread winner have to do with the post ?
Oh yes because you make loads of sense.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:11 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
Everybody calm down and stop with the personal trips, ok ? Discuss the topic not each other.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or