U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,621,702 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nonsense, illegal immigrants didn't break into her house with guns etc to terrorize her. I don't think people who are not minorities know how racial profiling feels like.
That's quite possible; men probably don't know what it feels like to be raped by a stranger, and women probably don't know how it feels to have one's "worth" connected to one's income. And as you say, whites probably don't look at racial profiling the same way that minorities do.

But how about THIS.....Some minorities don't understand the connection between behavior and image--- and the fact that sometimes, BAD things happen to GOOD people. Occasionally (believe it or not) even WHITE people encounter difficulties, rude treatment, and snap judgement....and there ARE negative things that come into our lives that have NOTHING to do with race.

Prisons are full of minorities PARTLY because of racial profiling....and PARTLY because the people "inside" committed crimes. It works both ways...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 10,743,495 times
Reputation: 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The girl in question is already a US citizen; and since her mother is as well, she is not an Anchor Baby so she can return at age 18 no strings attached.

That info courtesy of the original article; assuming it is accurate admittedly.
Then she should be made to serve in our military to maintain that American status. Again right along with all Foriegners that want to become an American. IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH, THEN YOU SHOULD BE WILLING TO DIE FOR IT. Hey, our forefathers did, then so can they.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Then she should be made to serve in our military to maintain that American status. Again right along with all Foriegners that want to become an American. IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH, THEN YOU SHOULD BE WILLING TO DIE FOR IT. Hey, our forefathers did, then so can they.
What you just described needs to apply to all Americans/legal residents------including Mayflower descendants as well as Native American Indians to be fair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 10,743,495 times
Reputation: 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
What you just described needs to apply to all Americans/legal residents------including Mayflower descendants as well as Native American Indians to be fair
This is true, I have always believed that ALL Americans (Male or Female) should serve in the armed forces. No matter what thier social status, color and especially religion is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 11:27 AM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,065,260 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nonsense, illegal immigrants didn't break into her house with guns etc to terrorize her. I don't think people who are not minorities know how racial profiling feels like.
No one broke into her house to terrorize her.

She's a 15 year old girl. She was frightened. I imagine she becomes frightened quite easily, as is the case with many 15 year old girls.

ICE (may have) made a mistake. If so, there are procedures to correct the mistake. She was not terrorized.

More than once, I've been rousted by police because of my appearance. It sucks. It pisses me off. It is not terrorism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Where there is too much snow!
6,076 posts, read 10,743,495 times
Reputation: 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
No one broke into her house to terrorize her.

She's a 15 year old girl. She was frightened. I imagine she becomes frightened quite easily, as is the case with many 15 year old girls.

ICE (may have) made a mistake. If so, there are procedures to correct the mistake. She was not terrorized.

More than once, I've been rousted by police because of my appearance. It sucks. It pisses me off. It is not terrorism.
Its just another way for some two bit lawyer to make alot of money and a name for themselves. And a way for the bratt to get money to spend at the mall with her friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 06:42 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,735,907 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nonsense, illegal immigrants didn't break into her house with guns etc to terrorize her. I don't think people who are not minorities know how racial profiling feels like.
The racist radicals do not care how minorities feel, because they were raised to hate anyone different from themselves. You would have thought that mentality would have changed over the years for the better, it may just be their upbringing, they love to hate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
The racist radicals do not care how minorities feel, because they were raised to hate anyone different from themselves. You would have thought that mentality would have changed over the years for the better, it may just be their upbringing, they love to hate
You are correct: so-called 'Brown Pride' groups like MEChA 'borrowed' the playbook from the KKK, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 06:55 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,735,907 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You are correct: so-called 'Brown Pride' groups like MEChA 'borrowed' the playbook from the KKK, etc.
You know the old saying "You kick a dog long enough, it will eventually bite".
Maybe they got sick and tired of being kicked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2008, 07:06 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You know the old saying "You kick a dog long enough, it will eventually bite".
Maybe they got sick and tired of being kicked.
Remember what you just stated: us Americans are starting to 'bite' the illegal immigrant menace as we speak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top