U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:59 PM

407 posts, read 715,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You know the old saying "You kick a dog long enough, it will eventually bite".
Maybe they got sick and tired of being kicked.
Why do you love illegal criminals, those that aid and abett them and people who obviously are racist and bigoted so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 09:30 PM

19,003 posts, read 21,996,295 times
Let's see, we have an American citizen - a young girl no less, a mere child - and you heroic and loyal and law-abiding proud Americans cheering the fact that Federal officials barged into the home of her AMERICAN family - WITHOUT A WARRENT and nearly drew a gun on this same young girl. Had she been holding a cell phone or something who knows what tragedy might have unfolded.

Then you heroic and loyal and law-abiding proud Americans propose kicking this girl out of the country (how is that following US LAW?) and not letting her return until she is an adult - and which point she is to be forced into the military and sent into a combat zone. Have I got that right?

Hmmmm
First it was the tone of violence and threat of taking the law into your own hands against illegal immigrants, and now you are advocating and condoning violation of rights of AMERICAN CITIZENS of Hispanic descent because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and then you are prescibing illegal punishment and expulsion of Americans.

Seems to me that I can't even count the number of times I've heard you folks spout off about how important it is to follow the law - and yet here you are cheering on violations of the law and suspension of some pretty basic civil rights for an American Citizen - and one who is a mere child at that.

And to think I compared some folks here to NAZI thugs.
What WAS I thinking?

Now your true colors show - and clearly you are not such fine upstanding law-abiding Americans as you claim to be.

Just pathetic.

I can't even BEGIN to tell you folks how proud I am to disagree so much with so many of you.

Ken

Old 03-02-2008, 09:45 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,800,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
No one broke into her house to terrorize her.

She's a 15 year old girl. She was frightened. I imagine she becomes frightened quite easily, as is the case with many 15 year old girls.

ICE (may have) made a mistake. If so, there are procedures to correct the mistake. She was not terrorized.

More than once, I've been rousted by police because of my appearance. It sucks. It pisses me off. It is not terrorism.
Oh really? Armed men didn't break into your house with guns did they?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Let's see, we have an American citizen - a young girl no less, a mere child - and you heroic and loyal and law-abiding proud Americans cheering the fact that Federal officials barged into the home of her AMERICAN family - WITHOUT A WARRENT and nearly drew a gun on this same young girl. Had she been holding a cell phone or something who knows what tragedy might have unfolded.

Then you heroic and loyal and law-abiding proud Americans propose kicking this girl out of the country (how is that following US LAW?) and not letting her return until she is an adult - and which point she is to be forced into the military and sent into a combat zone. Have I got that right?

Hmmmm
First it was the tone of violence and threat of taking the law into your own hands against illegal immigrants, and now you are advocating and condoning violation of rights of AMERICAN CITIZENS of Hispanic descent because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and then you are prescibing illegal punishment and expulsion of Americans.

Seems to me that I can't even count the number of times I've heard you folks spout off about how important it is to follow the law - and yet here you are cheering on violations of the law and suspension of some pretty basic civil rights for an American Citizen - and one who is a mere child at that.

And to think I compared some folks here to NAZI thugs.
What WAS I thinking?

Now your true colors show - and clearly you are not such fine upstanding law-abiding Americans as you claim to be.

Just pathetic.

I can't even BEGIN to tell you folks how proud I am to disagree so much with so many of you.

Ken
Well said, but i know you will catch a lot of heat for it. Thank goodness the negative reps have been disabled.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:12 PM

11,408 posts, read 16,055,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
If by any chance they were harboring any illegals in thier home, then the whole batch of them should be sent back over the border for good. Bye Bye, So Sad, Good riddance to the whole batch.
What border? Back to Florida where her mother was born?

Last time I checked, you can't send a 2nd generation American (at least.. who knows where her grandparents were from) back to the country where their ancestors came from. Many people on this board would be at risk if that was the case.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:29 PM

6,076 posts, read 10,758,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What border? Back to Florida where her mother was born?

Last time I checked, you can't send a 2nd generation American (at least.. who knows where her grandparents were from) back to the country where their ancestors came from. Many people on this board would be at risk if that was the case.
Most of us aren't harboring illegal aliens now are we . Beside they wouldn't hurt my feeling none if they sent me back to Scotland. And my Grandmother was mostly Cherokee on my fathers side. So I guess that makes me right at home .
They should only be allowed to stay if the parents or grandparents obtained citizenship through the proper channels. If they didn't, send all of them back and let them start all over .

Old 03-03-2008, 01:13 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,080,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Oh really?
Yes, really. It was a raid, not a terrorist plot.

I look like a biker. On more than one occassion, a young girl has looked back as I was overtaking her walking on the sidewalk. The looks of fear in their eyes were apparent. One girl took off running. Would you say I was terrorizing these girls or just walking down the street?

ICE was doing its job, not terrorizing anyone. This is how the world works. Police are armed. They look for lawbreakers. Sometimes they make mistakes.

Some people are frightened of their own shadows. They jump at the sound of a car horn.

None of this amounts to terrorism.
Quote:
Armed men didn't break into your house with guns did they?
Oh brother. You know nothing about me. Has a gun ever been pointed at your head? From my experience, it was very uncomfortable, but I felt neither frightened nor terrorized.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:55 PM

407 posts, read 715,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Well said, but i know you will catch a lot of heat for it. Thank goodness the negative reps have been disabled.
Hehehehehe, Yes I bet you are happy about that.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:43 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:

I look like a biker. On more than one occassion, a young girl has looked back as I was overtaking her walking on the sidewalk. The looks of fear in their eyes were apparent. One girl took off running. Would you say I was terrorizing these girls or just walking down the street?

ICE was doing its job, not terrorizing anyone. This is how the world works. Police are armed. They look for lawbreakers. Sometimes they make mistakes.

Some people are frightened of their own shadows. They jump at the sound of a car horn.

Oh brother. You know nothing about me. Has a gun ever been pointed at your head? From my experience, it was very uncomfortable, but I felt neither frightened nor terrorized.
Hear, hear!

I too rather resemble a biker/redneck sans tattoos as well.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:

Your analogies are REALLY out of wack. Btw, who said anything about a terrorist plot? Let me refresh your memory of what terrorize means okay?

TRANSITIVE VERB: terrorize
  1. To fill or overpower with terror; terrify.
  2. To coerce by intimidation or fear. See Synonyms at frighten.
Btw, if you started chasing the girls and pointed a gun at their heads, then that would be terrorizing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or