U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-04-2008, 03:04 AM
 
Location: Camberville
11,447 posts, read 16,129,557 times
Reputation: 18217

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Most of us aren't harboring illegal aliens now are we . Beside they wouldn't hurt my feeling none if they sent me back to Scotland. And my Grandmother was mostly Cherokee on my fathers side. So I guess that makes me right at home .
They should only be allowed to stay if the parents or grandparents obtained citizenship through the proper channels. If they didn't, send all of them back and let them start all over .
Could you please point out where in the article it said her family was harboring illegals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-04-2008, 09:02 AM
 
440 posts, read 239,102 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nonsense, illegal immigrants didn't break into her house with guns etc to terrorize her. I don't think people who are not minorities know how racial profiling feels like.
I am a minority who knows how racial profiling feels. However, the majority of Americans who happen to be black DO NOT SUPPORT the criminals of our race and have no problem condemning them when they are wrong.

While many Americans of latino descent may not support the premise of illegal immigration, many of them have friends and family here illegally and therefore aid and abet them by forming race based so called "civil rights" groups while demanding amnesty and "stopping the raids". You plot, plan and march with them; you assist them in evading raids and far too many latinos masquerading as American politicians/citizens whose loyalty is obviously with all things Mexico and Mexican are on the front lines in rejecting enforcement of America's immigration laws as well as the will of the American people. At the end of the day while I do not condone raiding a home without showing a warrant, where is your anger and outrage at your own people who are aiding and abetting illegal aliens, many of whom perpetually commit more crimes upon entry?

At what point do any of you "everything for the race and for everbody else nothing" aka "The Race" supporters support the rule of law of America? This country has given all of you far more than the oligarchies of your native Moderator Cut: Inappropriate comment Mexico would ever give you, yet you march around America, weeping, wailing, moaning, groaning and demanding rights for illegal aliens simply because you share a race? Doesn't get much sadder or more delusional than that.

Additionally many are harboring them in their residences and assist them in every way they can to get jobs, drivers' licenses, defraud welfare, build residential race based enclaves and keep out law enforcement. Illinois and California are two of the worst offenders.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-05-2008 at 12:50 AM.. Reason: Keep the posting civil and no bashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 09:12 AM
 
29 posts, read 51,486 times
Reputation: 29
what drama, look at them the wrong way and lawsuit, good guess is they were helping some that were not legal.this is the mainstay a couple will be legal and the rest shackup long enough to make money and move on.

if this was a white person it would laughable and never make headlines.
someone should tell her law abiding folks would feel safer knowing that ice is
helping them to stop those bad illegal vibes she seems so paranoid of.
no this a clear cas of BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,113,409 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Your analogies are REALLY out of wack. Btw, who said anything about a terrorist plot? Let me refresh your memory of what terrorize means okay?



TRANSITIVE VERB: terrorize
  1. To fill or overpower with terror; terrify.
  2. To coerce by intimidation or fear. See Synonyms at frighten.
These are the effects of police raids, by design. It wouldn't work any other way. Apparently, this raid was a mistake. That's unfortunate, but raiding the wrong house does not mean police should start being cordial when conducting raids.

*knock knock*

"Hi, it's the police. Can we come in?"

"No!"

"That's fine. When would be a good time for you?"
Quote:
Btw, if you started chasing the girls and pointed a gun at their heads, then that would be terrorizing them.
And your point is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 06:02 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,745,655 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The 15 YO girl in question and her mother were US citizens according to the article.

In other words; they do have a case against ICE-------although with the rapidly growing anti illegal immigrant climate here in the USA, hard to say what the actual outcome will be.
If a U.S. Citizen had that happen to them of course they would sue, so it should the same for this family. Racial profiling is not a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 06:08 PM
 
16,759 posts, read 19,059,737 times
Reputation: 6849
The family is suing because of the same reason most lawsuits are filed, greed. If someone had the opportunity to make money, why wouldn't they exploit it, it only requires a few grandiose dramatizations... This type of attitude isn't specific to hispanics but to all races... she is just using the race card to get money... nothing new there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 06:16 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,745,655 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
Why do you love illegal criminals, those that aid and abett them and people who obviously are racist and bigoted so much?
I love people in general, like I have posted before, I do not judge a person by race, religion, skin color, fat, thin, short, tall, legal or illegal. It is not my job to figure out who is legal or illegal, I believe that is what OUR goverment is for. If I see a mexican and have a conversation with them, I do not ask ARE YOU LEGAL? There are enough judgemental hate filled people, so maybe me and other like thinking people sort of balance it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,778,133 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
If a U.S. Citizen had that happen to them of course they would sue, so it should the same for this family. Racial profiling is not a good thing.
'Racial profiling' also cuts both ways:

I knew of a young man who was visiting the USA (Tucson, Az) with friends and family whereupon a 'Vato' walked up to the foreigner and proceeded to castigate him for hanging out with 'Whities'------by now the first man looked at said Vato and fired back at him in an impeccable British accent.

Apparently this English visitor to our country looked stereotypically Mestizo.

Vato tried to get into the Brit's face because he felt 'dissed'-------then the Brit's friends basically told the idiot to go pound sand-----or else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,745,655 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
'Racial profiling' also cuts both ways:

I knew of a young man who was visiting the USA (Tucson, Az) with friends and family whereupon a 'Vato' walked up to the foreigner and proceeded to castigate him for hanging out with 'Whities'------by now the first man looked at said Vato and fired back at him in an impeccable British accent.

Apparently this English visitor to our country looked stereotypically Mestizo.

Vato tried to get into the Brit's face because he felt 'dissed'-------then the Brit's friends basically told the idiot to go pound sand-----or else.
Of course it does, no doubt about it. It does not make it right of course either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2008, 08:42 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,816,659 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
These are the effects of police raids, by design. It wouldn't work any other way. Apparently, this raid was a mistake. That's unfortunate, but raiding the wrong house does not mean police should start being cordial when conducting raids.

*knock knock*

"Hi, it's the police. Can we come in?"

"No!"

"That's fine. When would be a good time for you?"

And your point is?
I just wanted to show you what the word terrorize meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top