Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 08:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times

Advertisements

Last time I looked no non citizen was covered by the constitution.They in fact are all criminals if they are breaking the laws to include fraud.Let a citizen commit fraud like many of the illegals do and they will be sent to jail ;why should illegals get a free pass.Many people waiting to legally immigrate are being puinished by illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 06:24 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup, doesn't surprise me ONE bit.
While I do think the border needs to be controlled, it's also pretty clear to me that a lot of the anger about illegal immigration (including much of what is written here) is really pretty thinly disguised racism directed at Mexico and Hispanics in general.

Ken
You are correct that most of the anger is directed towards Mexican nationals-------simply because they are by far the largest source of illegal immigrants with Central America supplying most of the remainder.

Most of us here are (including myself) not racist against Mestizos as a group-----besides, some Mexicans are Black, Asian or White to boot.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:27 AM

407 posts, read 800,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You are correct that most of the anger is directed towards Mexican nationals-------simply because they are by far the largest source of illegal immigrants with Central America supplying most of the remainder.

Most of us here are (including myself) not racist against Mestizos as a group-----besides, some Mexicans are Black, Asian or White to boot.
It is not just because they are the majority of illegals though. It is also because they are the most devious and protest right out in the open and DEMAND rights they have no right to, all while waving their precious Mexican flags. They asked for this hatred against them and they got what they wanted.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
It is not just because they are the majority of illegals though. It is also because they are the most devious and protest right out in the open and DEMAND rights they have no right to, all while waving their precious Mexican flags. They asked for this hatred against them and they got what they wanted.
Flying the Mexican flag during those protests almost 2 years ago was boneheaded------at best.

And; the above action many have endangered any brown skinned person by 'encouraging' comparably stupid White Supremacists to hassle the former.

When I say 'brown people'; I am also referring to many legally Anglo/White folks as well as 'Barack Obama' looking people of color------not just Americans of Mestizo background.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:38 AM

407 posts, read 800,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Flying the Mexican flag during those protests almost 2 years ago was boneheaded------at best.

And; the above action many have endangered any brown skinned person by 'encouraging' comparably stupid White Supremacists to hassle the former.

When I say 'brown people'; I am also referring to many legally Anglo/White folks as well as 'Barack Obama' looking people of color------not just Americans of Mestizo background.
That is exactly what I am afraid of. The Mexicans themselves brought about the racial hatred and bigotry that is all over now-a-days. It is a shame but it is their fault and they have no one to blame but themselves. I hate the thought that friends and family of mine could get caught in the middle of this just because of the color of their skin, though they are American citizens and also are against the illegal invasion of the country, though some of them ate of Mexican descent.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
That is exactly what I am afraid of. The Mexicans themselves brought about the racial hatred and bigotry that is all over now-a-days. It is a shame but it is their fault and they have no one to blame but themselves.
Jihad Watch: Palestinian commander: Palestinians' war with the Jews is part of global jihad -

"Quoth Sheik Abu "The Enforcer" Saqer, "Let them send their children only to sharia Islamic nurseries where they will teach the principles of the Quran." (Like how to terrorize infidel swine Christians, or better yet, how to kill filthy Zionist apes!) Of course, the Christians brought this on themselves."

Talk To Action | Reclaiming Citizenship, History, and Faith -

"In "Jerusalem Countdown: A Prelude To war" Hagee has stated that Jews brought the Holocaust upon themselves by rebelling against God and that the Holocaust was God's way of forcing Jews to move to Israel where, Hagee predicts according to his interpretation of Biblical scripture, they will be mostly killed in the apocalyptic Mideast conflict Hagee's new lobbying group seems to be working to provoke and which John Hagee believes to be a necessary precondition for the "Rapture" that will lift Christians, but not Jews, bodily into Heaven to enjoy physical immortality amidst paradise."

Baptists to protest VT funerals, say they brought this on themselves - Southern Maryland Community Forums -

"The organization, founded and led by Fred Phelps, believes the United States has condemned itself to destruction by accepting homosexuality and other “sins of the flesh.†Phelps’ daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper, said the Virginia Tech teachers and students who died on Monday brought their fate upon themselves by not being true Christians."

Gee, it's amazing how everyone seems to "bring it on themselves".

Ken

Old 03-02-2008, 08:47 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
If you want to know about the SPLC, just google "The Church of Morris Dees".

What a SCAM ARTIST!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:48 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
That is exactly what I am afraid of. The Mexicans themselves brought about the racial hatred and bigotry that is all over now-a-days. It is a shame but it is their fault and they have no one to blame but themselves.
No, the ONLY ones to blame for racial hatred and bigotry are those that espouse racial hatred and bigotry. More of the same "I'm not to blame for what I did BS argument that folks use to try an excuse their own evil actions.

"It's not my fault I raped her, she shouldn't have worn such a sexy outfit"

"It's not my fault I robbed that 7-11, I needed money for my drug addiction"

"It's not my fault I shot those witnesses - they shouldn't have been there at the time they were".

"It's not my fault I blackened my wife's eyes - she shouldn't have made me mad".

"It's not my fault I shook my 4-month-old baby boy to death - he shouldn't have kept crying".

etc, etc, etc...

Deflecting blame - often to the victims themselves is THE time-tested method used for excusing whatever behavior we want to.

Doesn't make it right.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 03-02-2008 at 09:03 AM..

Old 03-02-2008, 09:06 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
An "in-depth report" by the SPLC? We're supposed to take this organization seriously? They brand any group or individuals who come out against illegal immigration as racist. If Mother Teresa had remarked that illegal immigrants need to follow the letter of the law, they would have branded her a white supremicist, never mind that she is from India.

The SPLC despises all things pro-American. The fact that they continue to kiss up to groups such as La Raza and M.E.C.h.A merely serves to underline that fact.

I agree with nvxplorer. I don't need FAIR or any other organization to dictate to me my beliefs regarding illegal immigration. I am more than intelligent enough to research the issue and draw my own conclusions.

Your continued attempts to legitimize that which is illegimate would be laughable if it weren't so pitiful.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:10 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup, doesn't surprise me ONE bit.
While I do think the border needs to be controlled, it's also pretty clear to me that a lot of the anger about illegal immigration (including much of what is written here) is really pretty thinly disguised racism directed at Mexico and Hispanics in general.

Ken
Oh my! We're being invaded by 20 million illegals, the majority of whom are from Mexico, and here we have yet another one that just doesn't "get it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration