U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:25 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Dec. 11, 2007 The country's leading anti-immigration organization whose leaders have testified repeatedly before Congress and are frequently quoted in the media has ties to known racists and a long track record of bigotry, according to a new report released today by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).
SPLCenter.org: Nation's Most Prominent Anti-Immigration Group has History of Hate

Eye opening report with REAL facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
They left out La Raza????? Now how absurd is that?

Old 03-01-2008, 11:36 AM

6,076 posts, read 10,739,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
They are fighting for what they believe in and its called the "Constitutional Right". And I don't think that illegals should be allowed to use that right, the're NOT American Citizens.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:03 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Quote:
Is that the same SPLC that brands ANY AND ALL right wing groups that oppose open borders and are against illegal immigration as hate filled racists while at the same time giving ALL left wing racist groups, including itself, a free ride?

Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Is that the same SPLC that brands ANY AND ALL right wing groups that oppose open borders and are against illegal immigration as hate filled racists while at the same time giving ALL left wing racist groups, including itself, a free ride?
Absolutely! All opposition to this illegal invasion is considered racist -- and all proponents of this illegal invasion are benevolent protectors of the innocent. What a bunch of bull.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:39 PM

207 posts, read 373,039 times
The SPLC is an extremist group itself. Anything pertaining to Western Culture is evil according to them.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:50 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,061,455 times
The Teflon Nativists?

You expect me to take that seriously?

SPLC is an activist organization that promotes amnesty. Articles such as this are the tactics they use. Despicable.

Guess what? I couldn't care less about FAIR. I can think for myself. I don't need FAIR or any other organization to know that I oppose illegal immigration. SPLC can brand FAIR any way they want. Won't change my mind.

What a pathetic argument. "Lookie here! FAIR is a hate group. Therefore, illegal immigration is okie-dokie." What a bunch of nonsensical tripe.

Do you actually think that 80% of Americans give a damn about SPLC's opinion of FAIR? Do you think that SPLC's opinion of FAIR will cause mass shame among all of us who oppose illegal immigration?

"Lookie here. FAIR is hate group. Therefore, I must be a hater as well. Oh, shame on me."

Despicable. Idiotic.

Last edited by nvxplorer; 03-01-2008 at 02:03 PM..

Old 03-01-2008, 06:05 PM

407 posts, read 714,882 times
Quote:
BS and nothing but BS. SPLC is nothing but a hate mongering group themselves. They love illegal criminals and those that love, such as you, but hate anyone who wishes that the laws of the country be followed. They are basically on par with the ACLU, quite unAmerican.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:40 PM

18,946 posts, read 21,936,951 times
Quote:
Yup, doesn't surprise me ONE bit.
While I do think the border needs to be controlled, it's also pretty clear to me that a lot of the anger about illegal immigration (including much of what is written here) is really pretty thinly disguised racism directed at Mexico and Hispanics in general.

Ken

Old 03-01-2008, 07:10 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The Teflon Nativists?

You expect me to take that seriously?

SPLC is an activist organization that promotes amnesty. Articles such as this are the tactics they use. Despicable.

Guess what? I couldn't care less about FAIR. I can think for myself. I don't need FAIR or any other organization to know that I oppose illegal immigration. SPLC can brand FAIR any way they want. Won't change my mind.

What a pathetic argument. "Lookie here! FAIR is a hate group. Therefore, illegal immigration is okie-dokie." What a bunch of nonsensical tripe.

Do you actually think that 80% of Americans give a damn about SPLC's opinion of FAIR? Do you think that SPLC's opinion of FAIR will cause mass shame among all of us who oppose illegal immigration?

"Lookie here. FAIR is hate group. Therefore, I must be a hater as well. Oh, shame on me."

Despicable. Idiotic.
Lol. I agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or