Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2017, 08:16 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times

Advertisements

They only have .78 cops per every 1,000 people and yet they want to lose federal funding by breaking federal immigration laws.

Santa Ana joins the ranks of SoCal 'sanctuary cities'

Just to compare how few cops they have in Santa Ana with .78, the state of North Dakota has 2.15 per 1,000 residents and Wyoming has 3 cops per 1,000 residents according to the city-data information on full-time law enforcement officers in 2014.

So basically want to break federal immigration laws and have less federal money when they have an extremely low cop to population ratio already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 08:40 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
They only have .78 cops per every 1,000 people and yet they want to lose federal funding by breaking federal immigration laws.

Just to compare how few cops they have in Santa Ana with .78, the state of North Dakota has 2.15 per 1,000 residents and Wyoming has 3 cops per 1,000 residents according to the city-data information on full-time law enforcement officers in 2014.

So basically want to break federal immigration laws and have less federal money when they have an extremely low cop to population ratio already.
Have you ever been to Santa Ana? It's practically the illegal alien capital of California. It has the highest population density in the country per mile. I used to work there. Nothing shocks me anymore after what I witnessed there.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Have you ever been to Santa Ana? It's practically the illegal alien capital of California. It has the highest population density in the country per mile. I used to work there. Nothing shocks me anymore after what I witnessed there.
I've heard a LOT of bad things about Santa Ana and, I've never lived near that place.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:49 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've heard a LOT of bad things about Santa Ana and, I've never lived near that place.
I was shocked by what I saw. It was totally third world with people pushing stolen shopping carts on nearly every street corner. The shopping carts are used to carry laundry to laundry mats and also serve as strollers for babies and little children and of course carry groceries home. The shopping carts also served as ready made food courts with people selling their homemade tamales, fresh fruit drinks and other foods. I'm certain that is totally illegal to do but no one including cops batted an eye. I had never seen so many stolen shopping carts in my life and people openly using them for every imaginable purpose.
You prayed you never had to stop behind a school bus because each school bus stop had not just one bus but several filled with little kids who I never heard speak a word of English. It would take 20 minutes before they emptied 2-3 buses filled with kids. Those are just starters.
One thing for sure though, you could get really great Mexican food almost anywhere.

Last edited by marino760; 01-26-2017 at 09:31 PM..

Old 01-27-2017, 06:49 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

I have always wondered why cities/states get federal funding for police in the first place.

It is NOT other taxpayers responsibility to fund local jurisdictions they do NOT live in.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:34 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I was shocked by what I saw. It was totally third world with people pushing stolen shopping carts on nearly every street corner. The shopping carts are used to carry laundry to laundry mats and also serve as strollers for babies and little children and of course carry groceries home. The shopping carts also served as ready made food courts with people selling their homemade tamales, fresh fruit drinks and other foods. I'm certain that is totally illegal to do but no one including cops batted an eye. I had never seen so many stolen shopping carts in my life and people openly using them for every imaginable purpose.
You prayed you never had to stop behind a school bus because each school bus stop had not just one bus but several filled with little kids who I never heard speak a word of English. It would take 20 minutes before they emptied 2-3 buses filled with kids. Those are just starters.
One thing for sure though, you could get really great Mexican food almost anywhere.

I can attest to that as I live in So. Calif. It is a haven for illegal aliens and is 78% Latino. I personally would never eat there as I would be worried about the hygiene practices of so many illegal aliens from south of our border working in their restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration