Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:18 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,421,387 times

Advertisements

ATLANTA -- A provocative new immigration advertisement just hit Atlanta’s airwaves.

The ad links black unemployment with the rise in illegal immigration. The Coalition for the Future American Worker paid for the spots.

Latino advocates like the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Educational Fund’s Elise Shore are concerned that making a direct link between immigrants and black unemployment is stoking the fire of racial divide.

Ad: Immigration Costs Blacks Jobs - News Story - WGCL Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 09:20 PM

26,683 posts, read 41,550,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
ATLANTA -- A provocative new immigration advertisement just hit Atlanta’s airwaves.

The ad links black unemployment with the rise in illegal immigration. The Coalition for the Future American Worker paid for the spots.

Latino advocates like the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Educational Fund’s Elise Shore are concerned that making a direct link between immigrants and black unemployment is stoking the fire of racial divide.

ILLEGAL Immigration is costing EVERYBODY jobs and decent wages.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:26 PM

56 posts, read 98,465 times
My brother is White, and he has a hard time getting a job. Of course, everyone working at these jobs are mexicans.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:17 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,334,441 times
Quote:

"Latino advocates are concerned at making a direct link, etc." - too bad - those are the facts, baby!! They'd come up with anything to try to get out of this, and try to say it's some OTHER reason. It's pretty obvious, but I guess you have to have articles in order to raise the consciousness of the American citizens, except for those of us who read this stuff and study it all the time.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:40 AM

113 posts, read 382,343 times
I worked in a restaurant once where the owner wouldn't hire a well dressed, well spoken Bronx born African-American because it would upset the chicanos in the kitchen. The same Chicanos, a majority of whom were stealing beef from the walk-in (CCTV captured), snorting coke in the br and sexually harassing female co-workers.

I quit in protest over the owner's callowness

Old 02-19-2008, 12:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,495,644 times
Quote:
What irony.

Whenever an American asks for the law to be followed and enforced, he's labelled a racist, and MALDEF has the nerve to suggest that it is we who are "stoking the fire of racial divide."

Same ol' song and dance.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:10 PM

140 posts, read 293,301 times
Quote:

This ad is 100% true. Go to places like El Paso and Orlando and you will see how US works are all being displaced by cheap illegal alien labor.

Thanks for putting the ad up. America needs to see it!!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:10 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,495,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden Assassin View Post
I worked in a restaurant once where the owner wouldn't hire a well dressed, well spoken Bronx born African-American because it would upset the chicanos in the kitchen. The same Chicanos, a majority of whom were stealing beef from the walk-in (CCTV captured), snorting coke in the br and sexually harassing female co-workers.

I quit in protest over the owner's callowness
I've experienced the same working in a restaurant. An illegal Mexican pulled a knife on me, and the boss refused to fire him because all the other illegals threatened to quit if he were fired. The amount of Mexican nationalism I witnessed in that restaurant was disturbing.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:59 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,933,628 times
What a blunt statement.. immigration is costing a lot of people jobs--not just Blacks because employers choose to illegally hire illegal aliens.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:01 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,529,948 times
I'm Black; and haven't had an illegal immigrant compete for my job in over 20 years. Heck, I know hundreds of Black people who've never lost a job to an illegal immigrant. And the hundreds of Blacks that I know, also know thousands of Black people who've never lost a job to an illegal immigrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration