U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2006, 10:35 PM

597 posts, read 1,786,042 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIB_X...elated&search=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2006, 06:44 AM

598 posts, read 1,993,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
thank you for the link. it really is terrifying that elected officials are encouraging this to escalate and gain momentum!

Old 12-12-2006, 07:23 AM

14,506 posts, read 23,180,936 times
Default I agree-kdizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Yes, there is a good answer: build the fence. Legislation: Bah! They can write things down all day long, but if congress doesn't fund it--not gonna happen. This is exactly what is already being predicted for the 700 mile fence--mind you that the border is 2000 miles long and the Department of Homeland Insecurity says it only has operation control of 15% of the border. When pressed on what it meant by control, DHS said it was unable to define their own definition of control. Is that a joke or what???

Aztlan is going to be reality if we're not careful, and if you don't know what this is, I suggest you do some research. In Maywood, CA this summer, they had massive demonstrations of illegals calling on whites to return to Europe, that amongs many other vulgar terms that I won't write down. The escalation their happened after an American flag was taken down from a flagpole at the post office and replaced with a Mexican flag. Huge uproar on both sides. Youtube the incident if you're curious, cause they have some good clips from Lou Dobbs on there.
NOTHING is being done. Bush gives lip service to the fence and border patrol but panders to corporate lobbyists; after all his America is about $$ not people. The Aztlan is an issue being kept quiet--Why, and by whom???????Every day more and more illegals stream in and our government does nothing- many of these people have NO housing, future, money; if they need medical treatment they get it while we pay top dollar for prescriptions. The whole situation is like an active volcano, and everyone will suffer when it explodes (Except the ultra rich who can isolate themselves)

Yes, Lou Dobbs tells the truth about this, but in the meantime, what can we do? Every time I see a Wal-mart being built (which I now refuse to ever go in) it makes me think-America is a wasteland of low-paying service jobs- and that is all it is. No small business, no thriving/various culture/just poor people going to chain stores-how sad. Even Rockport and Nike are thinking of leaving New England- so more people up there will be out-sourced as well.

Also agree with the preaching of multi-culturalism- the powers that be had the works in motion- in college I remember textbooks droning on about multi-culturalism -every other poly sci class was about that subject. Remember the book "Animal Farm"?.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:31 AM

9,324 posts, read 23,230,141 times
When they called Battle Mountain Nevada an armpit they had an armpit festival. Why can't Miami have a third world festival? OH I remember, Miami beaurocrats are too vain and shallow. Or maybe there's too much truth to the third world statement!

Old 12-12-2006, 09:15 AM

...Probably too much truth to that statement, I'm afraid. I tried putting a thread on Aztlan so that people could learn about it and make comments up on this section. But, I guess I struck a nerve with someone, cause it got moved to 'other topics' (I guess so it will be less visible?). Does somebody not think this is a General U.S. issue? I sure do. It is frightening when our elected officials are encouraging this type of behaviour.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 AM

9,324 posts, read 23,230,141 times
Of course they would encourage it, who else would serve them and clean their homes and cut their grass for low pay? It really bugs me when a whole class of people is seen as some kind of cheap labor for the wealthy. Illegals have to be deported unless they can learn the language and assimilate into the system. Otherwise the third world mentality is here to stay, and will spread!

Old 12-12-2006, 10:20 AM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 313,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Between ancient and modern languages, I know eight to varying degrees of fluency, and I have attempted several others, and as a professional linguist I can tell you that ENGLISH IS A DIFFICULT LANGUAGE, maybe not as difficult as Greek, Russian, Chinese, or Hungarian for example, but nonetheless difficult, especially for adult-age people with poor-to-mediocre education (most people on this planet, including US citizens).

Be patient, it takes a generation or two.

Apart from the legal/illegal aspect - which is a separate and, we can agree, serious issue -, what is happening socially/linguistically in the US right now in terms of immigration is quite normal, on a periodic basis, in its history.
Uh.... no, Englsh is quite easy to learn. I learned, my mother learned, my aunt kinda learned, but understands 95%... all in less than a year and my aunt in an year and change. It does NOT take a generation or two to learn it. Unlike in the 1900s, we have English schools/courses that can teach it in a year to year and 1/2. How much they cost?? $150/mo!! There is no excuse not to learn. Oh, you cliam they can't paid, then they can go to Dr. Philips High School and take free classes. How cheap is that?!?

Or try TheLanguageCompany.com or Wizard language schools. My best friend teaches there and he said even semi-illiterate or older folk can learn, English is a very easy language to learn. The verb conjugations are so simple. In Spanish (and latin languages in general), we have 1 verb with 15 different conjugations, a different verb for each person (ex: I am, he is, they are).... think about one different verb for each person (I/he/she/it/we/you/they) in a foreign language. In English that doesn't happen. English is easy as heck. I am no genius and I learned in 8 months!

The problem is these immigrants and illegal aliens do NOT want to learn English. They expect Americans to accomodate them with Spanish. Worse than that,these immigrants and the illegal aliens are building countries within the USA. They all live in certain subdivisions, they all go to Spanish churches and hobby clubs, they all eat in their own restaurants.

Basically, instead of integrating in American society and becoming an American as millions have done in the past 2 centuries, these people do not want to be here. They are just here to suck off an American free education and healthcare and send $ back to their home countries.

Furthermore, I must add that we don't need people like that here. We need people who want to become Americans and who want to contribute to our society. If you don't want to be here or are a leech, please go back to wherever you are from. We only need contributing folks who want to be here and like America.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:24 AM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 313,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
Great! Good for Cherokee Co!!
I agree with you. In Hazelton, PA where the mayor did just that (and also taking business licenses for employing them) they ALL LEFT! BRAVO!! They were choking the town to death and now they are ooooout of theeeerreee!! We DO need more of that. Our country cannot afford to support these people. Wish we could get that going down here.
Hazleton PA is a story of success. Even if the ACLU or some other dangerous irresponsible organization files a lawsuit, by the time it it all said and done, the illegals will leave!!

Americans want their country back!! Out with the illegals!!! English is our language, Americans come before illegals. We want higher wages, less urban sprawl, more available jobs!!

Old 12-12-2006, 10:35 AM

14,506 posts, read 23,180,936 times
Furthermore, I must add that we don't need people like that here. We need people who want to become Americans and who want to contribute to our society. If you don't want to be here or are a leech, please go back to wherever you are from. We only need contributing folks who want to be here and like America.
so true. We do not need the bulk of people coming here with NO resources- other countries don't take on the burden- they are smart- A few years ago I wanted to live in London and take graduate classes- If I weren't ALREADY enrolled, and could prove WHY I wanted to live there, I would NOT BE ALLOWED IN. Simple as that. (lol and my ancestors are FROM there)

It just proveds the idiocy and insanity of the U.S. will be its ultimate demise.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:42 AM

In response to someone on another post regarding that video link:
"Yes, I understand the video is coming from a biased source, and anyone watching it is well aware. But what you can't argue is that they were taking direct quotes from some of the most powerful latinos in America (like the mayor of LA, head of La Raza). But, while you make comparisons to the white supremecists as an example of fringe conservatism--are these people supported by our elected officials? Yeah right! They would be ran out immediately because of the crap that was spewing out of their mouths and Americans wouldn't stand for it. I don't think we should stand for our government courting groups (MEChA, La Raza, etc) that advocate this kind of treasonous behaviour within our own country. I mean, they are advocating a revolt and reconquista of the western U.S., isn't that treasonous? Granted, I support their free speech, but we should not allow them to have a forum for these types of radical ideas and provide government sanction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or