Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 08:54 PM

16 posts, read 50,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
I don't know were you get your ideas from but I don't know anyone who "dumped" their family members in a ALF or nursing home. In our family as well as most of my friends families, that is part of life planning. We respect and value our parents or grandparents dignity and independence. They choose were they would like to live early on and make plans for that time in life, because they choose to be independent and not impose on the younger family members. Many also do live with family. Let me remind you that those who do go into Medicaid funded places worked their whole lives and paid taxes into Medicaid, so don't even go there!

This notion that white families dump their elders off, but latin families don't - so they have better family values is about the most stupid, racist thing I've read in quite a while...

Medicaid is subsidized by STATE taxes and the majority if those residing in them are transplants from the North and other areas, so no they didn't pay into the system. Unless they were Florida natives and owned a home for 60 years or paid sales tax, they didnot pay into the Florida system, so yes they tax our infrastructure. But the new laws passed by congress will fix that. B/c when the young one's do not wan;t their elders imposing and they go into a nursing home, dad goes mom can keep the house and medicaid will pay. Then when mom goes and passes and leaves the house to the kids, many States are now entitled to go after that house.

The goverment expects families to take up the slack on their children and parents, period, end of story. They do not provide custodial care and yes the latins and others do have better family values when they take in a loved one and spare them the expenses, and hardships.

Your own misconceptions show glaringly how ignorant you are about the "white family".
Ps I am white
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2006, 09:20 PM

65 posts, read 258,184 times
I have been in S FL for 6 years now. I transplanted from the midwest. The rudest people I meet are the NYers and people from the East (Conn and Mass). Broward county and PBC are not called "NY South" for nothing. They come down here and seem to think they're just a little better than everyone else.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:45 PM

598 posts, read 2,268,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connielynreturns View Post
Ps I am white

So you make even less sense in that light.... lmmfao

Old 12-03-2006, 06:30 PM

6 posts, read 70,453 times
Unfortunately... there is truth to that statement. I lived in SW FL for a long time. My brother got his car hit by a carful of illegal Mexicans and then they ran into the woods, the lot of them. It's crazy down there- very upscale homes and beaches and then illegals out the wazoo almost side by side.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:53 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Why is it that the illegals are always around the most upscale areas? I never see them in my neighborhood, guess we are all close-knit.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:09 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,469 times
Quote:
Can we PLEASE stop refferring to illegal aliens as immigrants... they are not immigrants. The term immigrant has an automatic connotation that the person has done so legally through the correct legal channels. Calling illegals immigrants, groups them together with those who actually worked hard to get here by legal means and is unfair to those who deserve to be here.

Illegals are not immigrants.
Illegals are not illegal immigrants.
Illegals are: illegal aliens

I think it's important to be diserning when talking about these two groups of people. Let's not lump them all together. Most immigrants contribute to our country and are not a burden - true. Most illegal aliens do not contribute enough because of their low income and are a burden - true.

And to be completely correct, the new wave of illegals coming across the border are indeed a new breed. They would be correctly classified as foreign insurgents as they carry weapons as they cross, their goal being the eventual forceable taking of certain southwestern states as well as part of California as their own to extend the country of Mexico. They believe it to be theirs and are taking back their own land. This new movement is a dangerous one and these people definately do not deserve the title "immigrant".
What you are reffering to is called "Aztlan" which is the Southwester US becoming an independent country or joining Mexico. My stepdad did some computer work in El Paso and the company people wanted to take him to the border. Just so you guys know, he said he had never been that scared before, not even in Liberty City, FL (near Miami). He said the southern border is basically a war zone. You hear gunfire almost every night.

Illegals are a massive burder to the USA because they suck up Medicare, welfare, use up free health care and their kids get free educations, crowding our schools.

Why can't the US use the Canadian TRUE guest worker program where farm workers can come in for 6 - 8 months (cannot bring families to suck up free government services) and then they leave. If they refuse to leave, the cops come to their house. NO PATH TO CITIZENSHIP! That way the aliens get to take their money home (which they do anywhare right now) and the US gets the worker. NO strain on US job market.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:13 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 432,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_baroque View Post
Unfortunately... there is truth to that statement. I lived in SW FL for a long time. My brother got his car hit by a carful of illegal Mexicans and then they ran into the woods, the lot of them. It's crazy down there- very upscale homes and beaches and then illegals out the wazoo almost side by side.
Can you imagine if you lived in a border state? That would happen every day!!

My wife works in the insurance industry and she said that here in Orlando, about 40% - 50% of the claims people file agains their own insurance is because of illegal aliens who hit and run or illegals who hit, get caught, and never get either arrested or deported!

The US immigration policy is a joke. Everyone knows we don't enfore our laws and reward bad behavior. That is why illegal keep coming. The rich benefit, the rest get burdened by the costs of illegal immigration.

Anyone an ID theft victim by an illegal? Oh, you will not find out if an illegal is using your Social Security #/identity until you either file for unemployment oryou get audited by the IRS.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
What you are reffering to is called "Aztlan" which is the Southwester US becoming an independent country or joining Mexico. My stepdad did some computer work in El Paso and the company people wanted to take him to the border. Just so you guys know, he said he had never been that scared before, not even in Liberty City, FL (near Miami). He said the southern border is basically a war zone. You hear gunfire almost every night.
This is so terrifying that we really are being invaded so easily by these people knowing their intention and most folks in the US have no idea what's happening. I'm very worried what they will do once they feel "ready" to actually start the conquering. We SO need to close our borders. This is way beyond being out of control!

Old 12-03-2006, 09:44 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Default So true....

Quote:
This is so terrifying that we really are being invaded so easily by these people knowing their intention and most folks in the US have no idea what's happening. I'm very worried what they will do once they feel "ready" to actually start the conquering. We SO need to close our borders. This is way beyond being out of control!

so true- and yet- more and more Wal-marts are being built- and hiring people for poverty wages. Wal-mart lobbied Bush and his cronies EXTENSIVELY to make sure he gave lip service to ""border enforcement"" (source:LouDobbs.com March 2005) without doing a dam* thing- Corporations and agri-business greed for profit needs these indigents so they can reap profits- and Bush does nothing to change this. It is sickening and so high up, I don't see what we little people can do- unless you are Bill Gates or Michael Eisner, you have no power in this country. They don't care who is murdered or raped- it is all about$$$$. Last month in Memphis, an illegal murdered an elderly woman, by driving his car through her house- he had no ID or insurance- and the INS did NOTHING. Oh, yes, but our taxes now pay for his room and board in federal prison to the tune of 80k per year.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:56 PM

Chris - Thank you for the proper term! I just did a google and came up with this bit:

"Latinos are now realizing that the power to control Aztlan may once again be in their hands."

...the "repatriated" eight or nine states include Colorado, California, Arizona, Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Oregon and parts of Washington.

That's a MUCH larger area than I realized. They are looking to take a huge section of our country. I will definately do more study on Aztlan, MEChA and La Raza. I think it's important to understand this movement better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration