Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:11 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Glad to see this happening so quickly.

But why isn't he cracking down on the businesses that hire them?
One thing at a time. It's only been a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 05:55 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
He's spending money like a drunk sailor!

$20 billion for a wall.

All this money for 5,000 border agents.

There's a huge tax cut coming down the pike for the wealthy....so guess who is going to pay for the wall and the border agents? If you think it's going to be Trump or Paul Ryan, I've got some lovely swamp land to sell you.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:13 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:

THIS ! The problem would be at least 1/2 solved. It worries me that that doesn't seem to be in offing, along with maternity tourism, chain migrations and hiring immigrants to be trained by the departing employees.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:24 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:

Can't. He won't get that one past the Republicans any more the Democrats. The very powerful business lobbies all oppose that and will likely prevail.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:17 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,212 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Can't. He won't get that one past the Republicans any more the Democrats. The very powerful business lobbies all oppose that and will likely prevail.
Everytime liberals say President Trump can't, he finds a way to do it.

President Trump doesn't have to get anything past anybody. There are already laws prohibiting the hiring of illegal aliens. The laws just need to be enforced. Under Obama, fines levied to violators were miniscule, look for President Trump to ramp up prosecutions.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:18 PM

587 posts, read 304,635 times
Amen

Old 01-27-2017, 07:58 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Two thumbs up for Trump! I was telling my husband this morning that this is the way to get it done. No ***** footing around and negotiating with lobbyists, just do what they promised.

Combine this with taking the shackles off that Obama put on anyone having to do with border control, and things should start to shape up. I'm keeping an eye how to see how this will impact the area where we are living. It has been ages since they were doing the workplace raids here.
Where in Kansas do you live in? I've visited KC/Overland Park and I didn't notice signs of ilegal aliens there.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Everytime liberals say President Trump can't, he finds a way to do it.

President Trump doesn't have to get anything past anybody. There are already laws prohibiting the hiring of illegal aliens. The laws just need to be enforced. Under Obama, fines levied to violators were miniscule, look for President Trump to ramp up prosecutions.
No he won't. And I doubt he will even try. Youi have not yet figured out that Trump is all BS. Talks a great game...maybe even EOs it...but actually does nothing and has no power to do anything in a number of areas. Hiring people for any role requires a Congressional appropriation. He does not have them. He cannot change statute without legislation. He cannot get that legislation.

Tis amazing how dumb may are. Trump cannot rule by decree and he does not appear to know how to rule by convincing Congress. He is about to be a very unhappy dude.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No he won't. And I doubt he will even try. Youi have not yet figured out that Trump is all BS. Talks a great game...maybe even EOs it...but actually does nothing and has no power to do anything in a number of areas. Hiring people for any role requires a Congressional appropriation. He does not have them. He cannot change statute without legislation. He cannot get that legislation.

Tis amazing how dumb may are. Trump cannot rule by decree and he does not appear to know how to rule by convincing Congress. He is about to be a very unhappy dude.
lvmensch: many people said that Hillary would mop the floor with Trump, she lost the election.

Many people said most illegal aliens will get amnesty under Obama, they got screwed. I think their kind will have a harder time with Trump as POTUS.

Old 01-27-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
lvmensch: many people said that Hillary would mop the floor with Trump, she lost the election.

Many people said most illegal aliens will get amnesty under Obama, they got screwed. I think their kind will have a harder time with Trump as POTUS.
Many, even most, expected Clinton to win. For various reason she did not. Though she performed within a percent or two of the projections.

No one I know projected a floor mopping though it would have been nice.

I am not aware of any projection of amnesty under Obama. There was an attempt to regularize the status of a set of people who will never be deported. But that was a long way from being universal and I suspect virtually all of those people will eventually end up legal.

And at worst TRump maintains the status quo. And it may be better than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration