Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,745,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Until you can prove any of this to be a lie you're just ranting at some more statistics that you don't like. I'm used to it but it doesn't change a thing.
What statistics are you talking about? Some statisctics from some "unknown" teacher from an "unknown" school in southern cali?

Btw, if i can't prove that it is a lie, you can't prove that it's the truth either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 08:35 AM

2,541 posts, read 11,331,999 times
no need for exposure

Everyone already knows those schools are very bad

Most farm work is automated by the way

Old 03-02-2008, 09:04 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,183 times
blacknight is right the article which has been posted here at city data before is anecdotal. Since I have have attended schools where the conditions were very similar I have to give it my personal seal of approval. Take that with a grain of salt

Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,522,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Btw, if i can't prove that it is a lie, you can't prove that it's the truth either.
Good. Now retract your claim of lies and propaganda. Unreferenced reports don't amount to lies.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Funny, our food prices continue to soar, in spite of cheap labor.

Soaring food prices imperil U.S. aid - Washington Post - MSNBC.com (broken link)

Old 03-02-2008, 02:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Funny, our food prices continue to soar, in spite of cheap labor.

Soaring food prices imperil U.S. aid - Washington Post - MSNBC.com (broken link)
Very true. I don't think the price of tomatoes is especially cheap.

In fact -- tomatoes in this country were cheaper BEFORE we took in 30 million or more illegals. So was lettuce -- as unbelievable as it is -- I've seen lettuce selling for $1.50 a head and before those 30 million illegals arrived, it wasn't anything close to that much.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:56 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Lies and propaganda.
maybe truth and reality also
Consider both possibilities before damning the report.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 PM

407 posts, read 800,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
maybe truth and reality also
Consider both possibilities before damning the report.
But he would have us all believe all of his reports that he posts about. How funny really and very sad too.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:19 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,366,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Until you can prove any of this to be a lie you're just ranting at some more statistics that you don't like. I'm used to it but it doesn't change a thing.
So someone can randomly claim a statistic and it would be believed? Just as long as the post was anti-illegal then that means maybe there is some validity to their statistics right?

First the person who wrote it is making the broad assumption that the school is filled with illegals. They first claim they work in the ESL department of a school (yet don’t provide how many students attend the school and how many attend the ESL classes) then they provide one percentage (50%) related to obesity, not really a health issue affecting just illegal immigrants, and then the anonymous person makes more claims and estimations and increases another statistic to 75% regarding cell phones, ooh, is that how you can tell if someone is illegal, they have cell phones? They then make a comment about teenage unwed mothers, ooh, so only teenage unwed mothers in high school are illegal?

It is quite amusing that people who oppose illegal immigration no longer feel the need to validate anyone’s story just as long as it has an anti-illegal slant, that’s all that is necessary.

I’ll look at the posting and assume the author just believes that if you see an obese teenage unwed mother talking on her cell phone, she must be an illegal. Thanks, I’ll keep my eyes out for them and notify ICE.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:02 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,824 times
Here's a link to South Gate High...

LAUSD School Profile

Here's one for Bell Gardens

Student Teacher Ratio Bell Gardens High School - Bell Gardens, California - CA

And Huntington Park made YouTube...

YouTube - HUNTINGTON PARK HIGH WALKOUT

Google is your friend, do your own darned research...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration